Pushing patches out to fast?

General Discussion
Now I realize the reason for pushing patches out faster. We don't want another 8 months of an 8 boss raid. HOWEVER, a problem arises when you decide to push out a patch so soon after the holidays. My server (Twisting Nether) has always had issues with progression around the holidays. Many people leave on vacation, or, in my guilds case, stress gets to people and raid teams fall apart. From the beginning of November to the middle of January, our progress halted, much like many other guilds on our server. There are only 5 guilds that have completed T14 on normal on Twisting Nether. None have completed heroic yet. This is odd considering we had 8 guilds clear heroic DS, my guild being the 8th. And t11 saw a few heroic clears before 4.2.

We are by no means a hardcore guild. We raid twice a week for about 3 hours a day. We usually are able to progress at a decent pace this way and can finish a raid before the next patch. T14 is a different story.

It isn't the fact that these raids are hard. They are pretty strait forward, with a couple of roadblocks along the way (Elegon/Galaron). Since the end of January, we have been progressing steadily, nearly got Elegon but our gear was a bit under par. Basically, we are forfeiting this feat of strength not for lack of skill, but for lack of time. That hurts. It is like you are catering to the top end guilds, but they are not the majority of your player base.

Patches should not be planned so soon after the holidays. I know it is a bit to late, but I hope that this will help you decide in the future.
Blizz stated it was their intention to shorten the patching cycle at the beginning of cata. We are finally starting to see this gain a bit of traction. I think the pacing is appropriate new content is now about every three months as opposed to 6-9 months.
02/18/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Subjectalpha
Blizz stated it was their intention to shorten the patching cycle at the beginning of cata. We are finally starting to see this gain a bit of traction. I think the pacing is appropriate new content is now about every three months as opposed to 6-9 months.

Yes you are right. We should see new content in shorter time spans. This content does not have to be raids though, especially when the majority of guilds have not cleared the first raids.
02/18/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Usheneon
Yes you are right. We should see new content in shorter time spans. This content does not have to be raids though, especially when the majority of guilds have not cleared the first raids.

There is nothing stopping you from progressing at your own pace.

You didn't win the race this round. Try harder next time.

But either way it still comes down to...NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO JUMP AHEAD. The content you are working on now will still be there.

I think the raids will be a bit faster in development due to the fact they will probably no longer be making Heroic "catch-up" dungeons. so far we have two mid length raids Mogu raid, Heart of fear. Then one short length with Terrace. The next one is supposedly 8-12 bosses so we will have mid-long raid. I see them skipping a raid in the next one or two patches at that point.

I do believe that a majority of guilds have cleared the first raids. And if you haven't by now, you'll just have to accept that you couldn't. We aren't going to wait until everyone is ready.
ITT: Entitlement.

Your entire argument boils down to "the content is too hard for us to complete in a reasonable timeframe, please nerf so we can see the content."

No. If your team isn't capable to complete the content for one reason or another, you don't deserve to complete it. No, I haven't completed it all either, but you don't see my crying on the forums about it.

Also, from a former Twisting Nether player, get out while you can. The server is dying. Soon there will be nothing left.
02/18/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Pucifer

There is nothing stopping you from progressing at your own pace.

You didn't win the race this round. Try harder next time.

But either way it still comes down to...NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO JUMP AHEAD. The content you are working on now will still be there.

Yeah we aren't being forced to jump ahead, but by limiting the time we have to finish these raids, we will already be crippled going into the next tier. This is not a selfish motivation. I'm looking at the majority of guilds. If not a single guild on my server can complete heroic t14 before patch 5.2 comes out, something is very wrong.

They're trying to return to the TBC mindset of multiple levels of progression. In TBC there were Guilds in Kara, Gruul's/Mags, SSC/TK and MH/BT all at the same time and it was fine.

Nothing is stopping you from finishing the content before heading to the next Tier especially if they tune the new Tier around the concept that a Guild has had the previous Tier on farm and thus is at a certain group iLevel.
ITT: Entitlement.

Your entire argument boils down to "the content is too hard for us to complete in a reasonable timeframe, please nerf so we can see the content."

No. If your team isn't capable to complete the content for one reason or another, you don't deserve to complete it. No, I haven't completed it all either, but you don't see my crying on the forums about it.

Also, from a former Twisting Nether player, get out while you can. The server is dying. Soon there will be nothing left.

I never said nerf it. Maybe you could actually read the post?
MSV has been out for four months now. HoF and ToES 3. Still a couple to a few weeks before new patch hits. It has been a lot of time to get through the current content. 16 bosses over 16 weeks isn't all that bad. I feel for your situation but i think the timing is pretty good.
My guild has suffered from quite a few massive setbacks that led to us getting a very late start in the tier, along with missing quite a few raid weeks even after we had gotten started.

But instead of complaining about the massive awesomeness that is Blizzard pushing new content out faster (No more DS plz), we're pushing ourselves to complete as much as we can before the patch. If we don't manage to finish Terrace... whatever, we tried, we had fun. The raids are still going to be there. They just won't have a FoS tacked on.
OK, so should they wait until every guild that's stuck on Elegon manages to clear all 3 raids?
02/18/2013 01:20 PMPosted by Lena
OK, so should they wait until every guild that's stuck on Elegon manages to clear all 3 raids?

We aren't stuck lol, we have had 1 day to work on him so far. Almost got him down in that 1 day.
02/18/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Usheneon
Yeah we aren't being forced to jump ahead, but by limiting the time we have to finish these raids, we will already be crippled going into the next tier. This is not a selfish motivation. I'm looking at the majority of guilds. If not a single guild on my server can complete heroic t14 before patch 5.2 comes out, something is very wrong.

How is it limiting your time?

Will the raid still be there? Yes.

Will the new content be there when you are ready for it? Yes.

There is nothing to stop you from finishing up the content you are currently working on. There is no deadline, other that the artificial one you have made for yourself.
An 8 YO game lost 400k subs 3 months After the release of a major expansion.

They kind of need to push content out quickly. Or enjoy the effects of Brand Fatigue.
My guild has suffered from quite a few massive setbacks that led to us getting a very late start in the tier, along with missing quite a few raid weeks even after we had gotten started.

But instead of complaining about the massive awesomeness that is Blizzard pushing new content out faster (No more DS plz), we're pushing ourselves to complete as much as we can before the patch. If we don't manage to finish Terrace... whatever, we tried, we had fun. The raids are still going to be there. They just won't have a FoS tacked on.

Same, my guild cleared normal ToES 2 weeks ago now I think. I am a new addition to them, well I was 6 weeks ago when I joined them, and we have gone from 4/16 to 16/16. We really wanted that FoS and to clear all the content, so we really pushed ourselves. Obviously we aren't going to clear heroic content, heck I will be thrilled if we get 3 or 4 heroic bosses down, but then again that content isn't really designed to be cleared by everyone and I understand that.

Guilds will have had 4-5 months to clear this tier on normal mode, which is ample time. Can't wait for everyone.
4.3 will be a filler patch
4.4 will be a raid patch

they have posted this info a long time ago.
02/18/2013 01:21 PMPosted by Usheneon

We aren't stuck lol, we have had 1 day to work on him so far. Almost got him down in that 1 day.

No, you didn't have one day. You had nearly 5 months. If your guild is having attendance or burnout issues, that's a guild issue, not a time issue.