Queue Times and Reals

General Discussion
As a dps occasionally our queue times are crazy!! Everyone knows it - I have no complaint about it I admit I choose the damage path I can wait like everyone else. The problem I have is when the real world invades our queue times (Bathroom breaks, kids, whatever else that only lasts maybe 5 minutes) and because of this we miss out on our Hour long queue.
I have a small suggestion I'm intrested in seeing what everyone else thinks on the subject.
A 5 Minute Queue Pause button!
Cause when ya gotta go...ya gotta go!
Take your computer to the bathroom.
Extension cord not long enough for that, but was hoping for serious feed back.
Think ahead
Turn up the volume really high. And move very fast.

That has been the way I have dealt with it myself.
Even so!! Running down the stairs to grab a drink coming back to "Oh hi you missed your raid" ..... x.x; Isn't the greatest feeling ever when the Queue time actually said "45Minutes in Queue Unknown Wait Time"
Try to plan your gaming session into a time slot where there would be minimal interruptions in your daily routine.

Though that doesn't always happen when you have a family and responsibilities.
I plan it out pretty well, its just the emergency need to hop up for 30 seconds to 1-2 minutes is what the Pause button would be used for. Not saying a 30 minute pause to go workout or fix dinner! Im saying for the small short afk's that somehow ALLLLLWAYS end up causing a Queue Miss
As a dps occasionally our queue times are crazy!! Everyone knows it - I have no complaint about it I admit I choose the damage path I can wait like everyone else. The problem I have is when the real world invades our queue times (Bathroom breaks, kids, whatever else that only lasts maybe 5 minutes) and because of this we miss out on our Hour long queue.
I have a small suggestion I'm intrested in seeing what everyone else thinks on the subject.

Log off your toon. Your queue pauses and will resume if you log back on within a few minutes. I've taken advantage of this when I've needed to switch to a different toon quickly to do something while queued.
Good idea, but how long does it last tell POOF You lose que? And that runs the problem of them fixing it to cancel ques like it used too.
02/18/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Joynal
Log off your toon. Your queue pauses and will resume if you log back on within a few minutes. I've taken advantage of this when I've needed to switch to a different toon quickly to do something while queued.

Wow that is excellent news, I would at times leave queue if someone I knew needed something in trade chat and that item was on an alt.
I dont know if this is supposed to work this way but when I que for a heroic and than a BG at the same time my que for the heroic keeps ticking. 99% of the time I instantly get my heroic que upon leaving the BG. No wasted time here!

ok when i saw this i actually lol'ed i think it is a very interesting idea and COULD work i vote yes
My main is a warrior Tank, and I love my instant queues, and I notice that sometimes some of the dps dont check in. I just think to my self "that poor bastard probably went to take a piss and the queue poped"

I think this is a great Idea, however there should probably be a limit of 1 pause per queue. Also maybe only a start with a 3 min pause that basically only "steps you outside of the line" for the duration of the pause so that it keeps flowing, and when you come back you dont have to get all the way back in the line.