Where's the love for Unholy?

Death Knight
I just don't see it anymore from blizzard, they seem to just plain not like us anymore and expect everyone to play frost for both pve and pvp. I just came across the information on the tier 15 set for DKs, and yet again, it's designed for frost, even making a frost only mechanic apply to it. Thanks for nothing blizzard.
Isn't unholy getting several substantive, QoL improvements on the ptr ?
I do haft to say I don't see nearly as meany Unholy DKs as I use to. Personally my first DK spec was Frost and I though it was the most fun thing ever till I tried out Blood and never touched Frost again. At one point or another I decided I wanted to be a DK jack of all there trades and picked up Unholy, my first reaction was " OMG its like a Melee Lock with out all the Demons and Hellfire". I hope they give Unholy a new spin like more Pet abilities or even some new Transformations for it just something that brings them back to the front.
Unholy for life.
You obviously haven't heard about 5.2.
02/14/2013 10:43 PMPosted by Satsuriku
I just don't see it anymore from blizzard, they seem to just plain not like us anymore and expect everyone to play frost for both pve and pvp. I just came across the information on the tier 15 set for DKs, and yet again, it's designed for frost, even making a frost only mechanic apply to it. Thanks for nothing blizzard.

1) You clearly have not read the 5.2 patchnotes, b/c if you did you'd know unholy got a bunch of QoL improvements.
2) The wording on the T15 4-piece doesn't tell the whole story. Unholy benefits quite a bit more from Soul Reaper than frost does atm because of mastery, so increasing the execute range to 45% on its own would benefit unholy a TON more than frost. Having SR proc off KM makes the bonus pretty even between the two specs.
3) If it's just numbers you're worried about, that's something that can be taken care of in a hotfix. Unholy currently is just clunky and bothersome for a lot of DK's. The QoL changes in 5.2 should do a lot to boost its popularity.
Both bonuses favor Unholy more than Frost.

Unholy has more strength, so its minion hits harder.

Unholy's N-SR rivals the damage of a KM-SR. Not all of Frost's SR's will be boosted by KM. not to mention, using KM-SR takes away a KM-FS or KM-OB.
What kinda numbers you guys pulling as unholy this patch?
Both bonuses favor Unholy more than Frost.

Unholy has more strength, so its minion hits harder.

Unholy's N-SR rivals the damage of a KM-SR. Not all of Frost's SR's will be boosted by KM. not to mention, using KM-SR takes away a KM-FS or KM-OB.

Didn't they "break" the 2p though? or has that been fixed.
I will say just play what you want. I always play and spec my classes in a way that people say cant be done or you shouldnt play that spec cause it sucks. I remember playing frost before frost was big because everyone played fire/arc mages, then blizzard does a big patch then frost mages own, its like that with every class. Unholy is just fine. My brother has a frost DK as were leveling together and I just own stuff plain and simple. Its like playing a Prot War vs a Pro Paly, More people pick Paly because its a 3 -4 button mash as is the same with frost. Now try a class where you have to watch what you hit and when to hit that button instead of monkey fist rolling the keyboard with your eyes closed for a kill. LOL People knock specs down if there not easy to play.

just my 2 cents!
02/15/2013 08:32 AMPosted by Delzoun
Didn't they "break" the 2p though? or has that been fixed.

Fixed.
I will say just play what you want. I always play and spec my classes in a way that people say cant be done or you shouldnt play that spec cause it sucks. I remember playing frost before frost was big because everyone played fire/arc mages, then blizzard does a big patch then frost mages own, its like that with every class. Unholy is just fine. My brother has a frost DK as were leveling together and I just own stuff plain and simple. Its like playing a Prot War vs a Pro Paly, More people pick Paly because its a 3 -4 button mash as is the same with frost. Now try a class where you have to watch what you hit and when to hit that button instead of monkey fist rolling the keyboard with your eyes closed for a kill. LOL People knock specs down if there not easy to play.

just my 2 cents!

Well, leveling and raiding are 2 different things. I wish both specs were on par to give raiding dk's a choice, but I have to stay frost because that's currently the most competitive spec I can do. Leveling is meh for specs, but frost is arguably better because it takes a while to get timmy buffed.
As they mentioned with the T15 bonus, remember that soul reaper benefits from our mastery and not frost's. which is why it has that added bonus for them. Unholy should be good in T15 though iirc from some of the buffs we are getting and the natural better scaling with strength.

Gargoyle is A. Now free and B. scales with mastery.

Will it be better than frost? Idk
http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/197362/rankings/players/

Numbers I am putting up as unholy.. You can see my gear by clicking on my portrait (ppl still dont know that)