Reason behind your mage

Mage
Is there a reason you picked a mage class? maybe from a different game? or even a mage in wow who just has a good lore that got you into mages?

just a thought
When I first looked at the character creation screen and considered which class I wanted to play, I thought, "I want to be a powerful wizard." So it became a choice between Mage and Warlock. I decided I didn't want a demon pal, so I chose Mage.
Is there a reason you picked a mage class? maybe from a different game? or even a mage in wow who just has a good lore that got you into mages?

just a thought

I like classes that go "Pew Pew Lazerz"
My first character was a Human Paladin in vanilla. I got ran through Dead Mines by a high level mage. He was running around arcane exploding everything and I thought, I want to do that! That my friends is how Outcold was born!
Um Portals. I played mages in Baulder's gate and icewind dale and Neverwinter Niights
02/16/2013 09:43 PMPosted by Gelare
maybe from a different game?

Yeah, if I have a choice I would much rather play the Magic based class in RPGs.
"Haven't tried the BE starting zone yet, might as well try it out"

"Hm, haven't made a mage yet, I'll try that"

*3 hours later*

"YIIIP"

And haven't stopped yet.
Mages always looked really fun to play at max level in TBC/WotLK. They got so many cool abilities back then. I was always envious but the grind from 1-60 as mage killed my interest.

When WotLK came around, though, I had already had a mage at 60 ready to go with 2 bars of rested. Things got better and I stuck with it. Had a lot of fun..but not as much fun as warlock in vanilla/TBC.

I've always played a 'wizard' or ranged caster. I usually switch between warlock and mage. Probably will do so soon.
to go big
I decided to create a mage after my girlfriend told me that they could make portals... It's Gandalf and Stargate !!!
Magic is cool
Diablo II - Favorite character was my 99 MF Frost Sorc and now here I am.
I've always had a passion for classes that were considered underpowered in PvP. WW this season, combat rogue, elemental shaman, etc.

My arena partners finally laid into me over teamspeak in a half hour tirade and I swore to them to play the most OP classes I could this season.

Sub rogue/Resto Shaman/Frost mage are my three mains for the next season.

I was going to do BM hunter for my ranged DPS but I just can't play hunter. You could tell me that if I log onto my hunter for 30 minutes every day I'll get 3000 rating and I still couldn't do it. 8 years of hating hunters is just too much to get past.
I already had a mage and I just kinda did alt runs but then I discovered pvp fire and immediately took to it since I guess I liked the mobility since I was already used to running around as a melee so that's pretty much it yeah.

Also EXTREMELY excited about baseline scorch fire finally has part of it's niche back and is no longer just a weaker frost mage.
My first of MANY mages was because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z29Rk8814w

The rest are all Addiction baby!!!
I loved the visuals of arcane missiles, so I figured I'd do that.

Didn't switch to my mage as a main until mid-way through cata, I did so because my raid needed a new dps, where I was a healer at the time. We didn't need another spriest either, so that ruled out my shadow spec. They also didn't have bloodlust, so my choice was shaman (ew totems) or mage.
Honestly, I thought it was cool that I could kill mobs before they even reached me as Fire. (Frost could do it, but it was via a snare. Fire didn't snare...) At the time, the Arcane tree was there to pick out a few talent points... or for PoM/Pyro. No one went full Arcane at the time except eccentrics and newbs.
have you ever fought against a skilled mage in a random BG? it's like a whirlwind of fire, ice, and motion!

frost mage was the reason. survivability, control, good burst.... frost mage played well is like a piano played well. it's art.
My first of MANY mages was because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z29Rk8814w

The rest are all Addiction baby!!!

Mage created. Thanks.