is it wrong of me to pop cds and heal

Paladin
well I use ret for pvp...I don't pve wats so ever but just to lvl as I can stand dungs more than quests so...I duel this 75 druid I hit em hard with some of my cds no complains, than I face a 75 hunter as my pally is a lvl 75 I pop goak 10 sec before I use wings and holy avenger macro and another 5 sec she gone...she than says of course u had to blow cds, so im like ok then, my cds are on cool down, ill duel u again.

I duel her again, I open up with judgement slow her 50% smack her with excorsim than use wog to heal after hitting crusader strike bringing me back to full health. I beat her in almost same amount of time and this time she complains about me healing.

so what I am asking is it wrong for me to use the one shot macro I have and use wog heal at half health or even under with 2 to 3 charges? I am ret also

sry for all the reading
Mm, ignoring your English (which I assume isn't your first language, but that's unrelated to the topic), you're asking if its wrong to pop cooldowns and cast healing spells in duels, correct?

Not at all. That's the same thing as the druid trying to cyclone, powershift and kite away from you - except for long cooldowns like LoH (and even then, that's debatable), all's fair play in duels and world PvP. That's the entire point of having your abilities in the first place.

Sounds like she's a sore loser.
Use every single skill you have.
The other person is just mad because they lost.
in EotS the other night, i was the only one at DR. i was ambushed by a dk and druid. bubble was on cooldown. i called inc, and i hit my burst macro for the sole sake of keeping myself alive. i survived long enough for other ally to arrive, and we preserved the tower.

so no.
Kill them over and over again, when they start trash talking, ask them if they are mad and put them on ignore. YOLO.
If you really wanna piss someone off use LoH in a duel.
I think the question OP had was if it's bad to use cooldowns, and then also to heal in duels, rather than using cooldowns to heal (although the latter isn't bad, either). :P

i hit my burst macro for the sole sake of keeping myself alive. i survived long enough for other ally to arrive, and we preserved the tower.

I LOVE using this tactic. It frustrates enemies to no end.
I'm betting the hunter went full CDs and was complaining that OP used CDs to counter.
Actual PvP is no-holds-barred, use whatever. Duels are a bit of a special case because people disagree on whether there should be any rules (and if so, what the rules are), but generally if rules aren't discussed ahead of time, whining about your opponent breaking the rules you secretly hoped they'd follow just makes you a sore loser.
02/19/2013 05:57 PMPosted by Solvexx
mad because they lost.

Sometimes you gotta use your cooldowns defensively. Anything goes in 1v1.

Lobster has that one dead on too.

02/19/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Buhbuhdin
If you really wanna piss someone off use LoH in a duel.

hahaha this

02/19/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Jackishi
I LOVE using this tactic.

same here!

02/19/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Cayse
I'm betting the hunter went full CDs and was complaining that OP used CDs to counter.

good call rofl, wouldn't surprise me.

02/19/2013 09:17 PMPosted by Ravicana
Actual PvP is no-holds-barred, use whatever. Duels are a bit of a special case because people disagree on whether there should be any rules (and if so, what the rules are), but generally if rules aren't discussed ahead of time, whining about your opponent breaking the rules you secretly hoped they'd follow just makes you a sore loser.

This is pretty much dead set on. Though through my experience there's 2 main sets of rules by most people, First set was VERY simple and is the original set, everything goes except potions, "OMFG YOU USED A POTION!" the other set is Arena rules, abilities not allowed in arena are not allowed, hence LoH.

Most people follow one of these 2 main rule sets, there is a 3rd set, to use no CDs, but that is almost 99% agreed on before the duel commences. I myself tend to follow the latter of the two main rules, but sometimes break it for luls and use LoH. But I do so following it just so the looser cannot complain.