Ra'den seems to have limited attempts (30)

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
1 2 3 15 Next
Was posted on mmochamp forums: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1264421-Ra-den-has-30-attempts-per-week-limit proof: http://imgur.com/a/KoUGb

The race will be interesting, I wonder if any guild will have strong enough alts to push 12/13 heroic in the first week or 2 on 2 lockouts for extra attempts.

It won't affect me at all but it seems every patch what's required for world first or even top 20 is dialled up a notch or 2 in some kind of wow arms race.
A lot of the top end guilds like paragon use a alts to get extra attempts in before attempting it on their mains.

Having Ra-den with a limited attempt system will force it more so than now.

still the race will be interesting to see.
I just heard the screams of all the top guilds.
30s a decent amount compared to the one hour for Algalon or 10 for Putricide, though I hate to say, a lot of our attempts aren't that efficient or get wasted because somebody usually DCs, lags out, or has an emergency in the middle of an attempt. That comes with the territory of a 25man raid though.

Not really a fan of it, but 30 might very be the sweet spot for limited attempts and still feel meaningful.
http://i.imgur.com/A4LN1Uz.jpg
Didn't Blizzard say at some point limited attempts wasn't a good design?

And beaten to the punch.
Heroic only boss with limited attempts for the supposedly badass hardcore raiders. I don't see a problem with that.

I would love to see what guild is going to be able to do 13/13 hm with their alts as well while progressing on their mains in the first few weeks. I don't think there's enough hours in the day for that.
Heroic only boss with limited attempts for the supposedly badass hardcore raiders. I don't see a problem with that.

I would love to see what guild is going to be able to do 13/13 hm with their alts as well while progressing on their mains in the first few weeks. I don't think there's enough hours in the day for that.
\

You didnt play during ICC did you?

You didnt play during ICC did you?

I most definitely did. Alts did 10 man heroic runs (which at the time was significantly easier than 25, this is not true of MoP, where 10 man is suppose to be equally tuned as 25). Only paragon and a couple other guilds did 25 man alt runs - though ICC as a whole itself was fairly easy up to lich king. I would know because my guild did the same thing. Though no amount of alt testing in ICC was enough to kill lich king considering the difficulty of the fight stemmed from defiles and the DPS requirement on valkyrs - stuff you didn't learn with alts. Only paragon killed it at the 5% buff, and like 13 guilds killed it at 10%. I was in a guild that killed it at 10%.
http://www.fallen-legion.eu/sig-attempts.jpg

Edit:
It's also possible that this boss could be bugged - like Sinestra was. The only difference is if the boss is bugged and you've got limited attempts ...
Biggest problem I could see is if he has some major bug, since it won't be tested probably on PTR, and the first guilds get to "waste" attempts on a bugged boss then if its fixed guilds later in the week get a boss without that bug.
One unique aspect of this which I will find interesting as an outsider watching is, no one will have any clue about the fight (unless it gets leaked), so you'll need an alt group to go in and learn the fight from the beginning for the top guilds without any guides to avoid wasting attempts.
Though no amount of alt testing in ICC was enough to kill lich king considering the difficulty of the fight stemmed from defiles and the DPS requirement on valkyrs - stuff you didn't learn with alts

The work done on LK on alts allowed for fine-tuning exactly what kind of positioning/coordination was required, and it compounded from the number of attempts you saved on Putricide, Sindy etc.

Blizzard finally understood just why limited attempts were horrible, but hey gotta try just one more. What's the worst that could happen?
They finally add some exclusive content for top-end players and they have to ruin it by bringing back an awful mechanic.
I am kind of okay with it since alts are a slightly different paradigm this expo and top-end guilds are going to grind their faces into it regardless--this just means that if you want to dump raw time into getting lots of attempts on the boss you need to dump a much larger amount of time per attempt to get past the initial bump.

I think it is worth trying again anyways, it is a special case of one heroic-only boss. *shrug*

EDIT: Note that I am a tad biased, since this will prevent casualhardcorewhatevers such as myself from killing ourselves on the last progression fight of the tier, as the majority can't be assed to have alts at heroic full clear level.
02/15/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Computah
They finally add some exclusive content for top-end players and they have to ruin it by bringing back an awful mechanic.

I would agree. If I was a top end player I'd HATE this. Yes it's cute and fun to watch from outside, would be awful to deal with.
02/15/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Iapeto
hahahaha
Eh I like the limited attempts format, it keeps the "race" more balanced. There are terrible guilds who are 16/16h just because they raid so much more than many guilds.
Well they're obviously not terrible, but you get the picture. Carried by raid times.
I absolutely loathe the limited attempt mechanics. It's just so awful. It forces ALT play. It forces 25m to jump down to 10m. It makes raiders hate other raiders. It makes disconnects far more painful than they should be.

It's a horrible mechanic. I hope this is a joke or a troll.

02/15/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Iapeto

Let's hope they can remember why they themselves said this.
I'm kind of mind-boggled at the idea that someone would wipe 30 times to the same boss, and then *want* to try a 31st time *with the same gear*, rather than coming back next week with better gear. I mean, are there really any mechanics you didn't see in the first 29 attempts, so that the 30th attempt taught you something important? (Leaving aside the fact that at that point you've probably been wiping to *that exact boss* for the last 5+ hours.)

Yeah, I know, you're talking about the 0.01% who are completely obsessed, but still. What is the thought process that would lead someone to think that the 30th attempt *of the week* is going to go different than the first 29?