Mop Price Cut.

Customer Support
For players that bought and paid full price for Mop will there be any rebate/reward for doing so?
The cost has been reduced over $20 already.
We have been paying our monthly fees that pay the bills we should be treated as valued cusumers.
Your luring players back with a price cut and you didn't give us diddly squat.
"just saying"
You can always open a ticket and try to get hold of Billing and ask, but I'd drop the negativity.

Nobody's entitled to special treatment- it just so happens they ran a sale. This happens all the time out in the real world, and some companies will offer price adjustments while others will not.
You can submit a ticket and ask, but expect a no.
this is not a permanent price cut, a sale only.

If you have just purchased it, give them a call, they may be able to honor it for you (like some stores have a X many day return/price match policy).

Its not like if you buy say a TV today for $500, then 6 months down the road, it lowers in price (weither sale, or regular price is lowered)..you have been using it for 6 months, they are not going to give you money back, not that its cheaper.
When companies are trying to boost their bussiness they usually offer some perc to their existing custumer base, otherwise people would just keep swapping services to whomever had the best deal that week.
Buying Mop just unlocks a new service they provide for a monthly fee.
My point wasn't that I want my money back.
It was I think they should think about finding a way to thank me for being such a wonderful paying custumer who pays 6 months at a time because I really enjoy the game.
"JUST SAYING"
No

The monthly fee, is an access fee, for the game as a whole. That fee is the same, if you have MoP or not.

MoP just adds to areas you can access.

Regardless.

If you want to encourage them to add something like that in, please post in general, where the devs and people who make those decisions will read, they do not take that information from.
It was I think they should think about finding a way to thank me for being such a wonderful paying custumer who pays 6 months at a time because I really enjoy the game.
"JUST SAYING"

I've been paying my electric company on time for over 25 years.

Do they owe me something?

My car insurance company?

My cable company?
When companies are trying to boost their bussiness they usually offer some perc to their existing custumer base, otherwise people would just keep swapping services to whomever had the best deal that week.
"JUST SAYING"

You're paying the exact same amount as every other person (how many millions of them?) who subscribes to this game. You, like the other millions, pay to have access to their servers.

I would find it perfectly reasonable to open a ticket if, say, you purchased MOP within a day or so of it going on sale (but I would NOT expect a "yes"- wouldn't hurt to ask though). But if you purchased it months ago at launch, or even weeks ago, clearly the price was reasonable for you, and you agreed to pay for it.

If you'd like to post suggestions on how you'd like to see this done differently in the future, you can either submit them in-game, or make a post in the General Discussion forum.
02/15/2013 08:48 AMPosted by Sigmond
t was I think they should think about finding a way to thank me for being such a wonderful paying custumer who pays 6 months at a time because I really enjoy the game.

Hmm, thinking about this statement it would appear you might consider the 6 monthly payment gives you more status than someone who pays monthly.

At the end of 6 months, Blizzard still gets a payment regardless if it's 6 monthly or monthly.

Now consider the 6 monthly subscription cost is slightly discounted compared to the monthly subscription cost. And also be aware I'm not including CC/DD processing fees that might be incurred by Blizzard (6 x 1 monthly subscription might incur more fees and 1 x 6 monthly).

But, basically, 6 x 1 monthly would generate more gross income than 1 x 6 monthly.

"JUST SAYING"

While I loathe this particular statement, I'll simply quote yourself ;)
Thunder as far as your electric they probably have you over a barrel.
The other two you choose to stay with because they provide you with good service.
If your cable was bad you would get dish.
If your insurance co. didn't cover your needs you would find a company that does.
Cell providers give out devices that cost hundreds of dollars just for the monthly fee that they lock you into for 2 years. Why because its profit at the end.
02/15/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Sigmond

Not true. Many people have different reasons for how and why they choose services. I base my TV service on the channels they offer. Cable is the only one that has certain channels we really enjoy watching. I much prefer Dish. There customer service is better and pricing is better. However we use cable simply because of the channels they have.

02/15/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Sigmond
Cell providers give out devices that cost hundreds of dollars just for the monthly fee that they lock you into for 2 years. Why because its profit at the end.

We have several (5 that I can think of off) that offer service with no contracts. You can purchase a phone from them or use one you already have.

For players that bought and paid full price for Mop will there be any rebate/reward for doing so?
The cost has been reduced over $20 already.

The price reduction is a limited time offer. If you purchased MoP within Days of it going on sale, then you might be able to get the difference refunded. Timing is really important on these things. They have never offered a reward for purchasing the game or expansions. You get one free month of play with your initial game purchase and setup.

Blizzard treats all customers the same. That means every customer gets treated equal if they start their account today or if they started it day one. Giving you a reward would equal favoritism.

If you Refer a Friend and they purchase the game plus two months of subscription then you will get a mount. You can also get a mount by sending a scroll of resurrection to an inactive account. If they renew the account you can get a mount. That is the rewards that blizzard offers us paying customers.
Nephe, don't be mad at the 6 month reference my point was meant to be the length of time people pay for consecutively, not at a time.
If you have been a cusumer thats been paying (monthly/game card or 6 mo.) at a time their should be no difference thats not where I was even trying to go sorry if you got the idea the idea I thought there should be a distintion.
All I really mean is everyone that paid substantially more for the game should be recognized.
02/15/2013 09:26 AMPosted by Sigmond
All I really mean is everyone that paid substantially more for the game should be recognized.

The CS forum reps are not able to make anything like this happen. If you would like to give feedback/suggestion to the people who can then you should use the in game feature to do so. Or you can post in the general forums.
"JUST SAYING"

They thank you by providing you top notch service and allowing you access to the biggest and most historically significant online game in the world.

Less entitlement, more gratitude.

Just sayin....
I got an email from Blizzard one day that said the following:

As a thank you for being a veteran World of Warcraft® subscriber, we're giving you a FREE copy of World of Warcraft to share with a friend.

Included was a Game Key for a full retail version of the game.

Seems rather nice to me.

Just saying.
02/15/2013 09:26 AMPosted by Sigmond

WHY?

Customer loyalty, yes, is a nice perk, which sometimes happens like the above example.
But not necessary.

Blizzard treats ALL their players the same. The exact same rules, etc apply to a person who signed up today, as a person who was in vanilla beta.

I have bought every game from BC to current on the day it came out (and I am sure a lot that did the same from vanilla and onward).
By your standards.. when they combined everything into battle chests, everyone that paid full prices for both games, should get refunds?
The information that hasn't been given is this:
You are in the wrong forum. This is customer support, not general discussion. If you want to suggest something, do it in the appropriate forum, or don't do it at all. You will get actioned.
The other two you choose to stay with because they provide you with good service.
If your insurance co. didn't cover your needs you would find a company that does.

And the same goes for here, if you are unhappy with the service then you can leave. Blizzard is not forcing you to stay. If you are unhappy with the service then you should stop paying them. I'm not sure what your argument is here. You are paying for a service and you are getting what you are paying for, no company owes you anything more then that.
The information that hasn't been given is this:
You are in the wrong forum. This is customer support, not general discussion. If you want to suggest something, do it in the appropriate forum, or don't do it at all. You will get actioned.

actually

The CS forum reps are not able to make anything like this happen. If you would like to give feedback/suggestion to the people who can then you should use the in game feature to do so. Or you can post in the general forums.

just sayin...
=)
paying for expansion prior to release > price cut

got to see the fun out of it :) and the amazing race to 90.