Dawn of the Aspects summary

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Fair enough.

I disagree on the basis that I'm enjoying this book plenty. :p
Fair enough.

I disagree on the basis that I'm enjoying this book plenty. :p

And I would personally rather pay $7-$10 for in-game DLC that contains reasonable production values, voice acted quests, this story, some vanity rewards and gold from quests.

Especially since I have no intentions on financially supporting Blizzard's attempt to have me read Dick Haak Dick Haaking it up with his horrible writing.

NO I WON'T STOP WITH MY OPINION!
02/18/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Dreignei
The dragons then begin bickering when Kalecgos goes to speak with Alexstrasza saying it would have been disrespectful if they didn't meet at the current cycle of the Twin Moons to which Nozdormu asks who it'd be disrespectful too. Elune which the night elves worship? To the titans or their servants when they don't know if the Titans even exist anymore?

i thought this part was really interesting. seems to me that the dragons are not as impressed with elune as everyone else seems to be, and are fairly dismissive of the titans themselves.

it is just Elune, and we dont even know if the titans are still kicking around... although algalon seems to indicate that they do still exist.
Algalon seemed fairly automated to me. There's also the "We have fallen! We must rebuild the final Titan!" line datamined from 5.2.

Nozdormu might be on to something here. Speaking of Nozdormu, he's oddly absent so far. There's that smart brown proto-drake in chapter 3 who may be him, but that's only maybe. So far we haven't seen Noz at all in the flashbacks.
Algalon seemed fairly automated to me. There's also the "We have fallen! We must rebuild the final Titan!" line datamined from 5.2.

Nozdormu might be on to something here. Speaking of Nozdormu, he's oddly absent so far. There's that smart brown proto-drake in chapter 3 who may be him, but that's only maybe. So far we haven't seen Noz at all in the flashbacks.

Or that was a Red Herring to distract us.

I said "maybe." :p

I wonder if Aspect-Nozdormu will time-travel back to this ancient period and interact with the proto-Aspects. Just mindless speculation.

...or did you mean the final titan line was a red herring?

I said "maybe." :p

I wonder if Aspect-Nozdormu will time-travel back to this ancient period and interact with the proto-Aspects. Just mindless speculation.

...or did you mean the final titan line was a red herring?

The Final Titan line. People thought Anduin was going to die and he didn't. Like I said it's all speculation at this point.

i dont think he was just sitting around in storage waiting to be activated. i think he came from space when the alarm went off and intended to report directly the the titans no matter how the encounter turned out.

if he had been in the titan facility the whole time yogg should have known of him and influenced him just as much as the other watchers.

there is also the possibiblity that no one told the dragons about him in the first place. so they really dont know that the titans seemlingly are still playing legos with planets.
02/18/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Juibloc
The dragons then begin bickering when Kalecgos goes to speak with Alexstrasza saying it would have been disrespectful if they didn't meet at the current cycle of the Twin Moons to which Nozdormu asks who it'd be disrespectful too. Elune which the night elves worship? To the titans or their servants when they don't know if the Titans even exist anymore?

i thought this part was really interesting. seems to me that the dragons are not as impressed with elune as everyone else seems to be, and are fairly dismissive of the titans themselves.

it is just Elune, and we dont even know if the titans are still kicking around... although algalon seems to indicate that they do still exist.

I think their point was why should they pay respect to beings who really don't care that much about them. Elune may acknowledge the Dragon's existence, but I doubt she owes them any favors, with the possible exception of Ysera. Titans would be the same way, if not worse, as the Aspects probably look at the Titans as beings who used them for their own purposes, and once their job was done , they were spent.

And that's a fair view.

The Story of the Aspects is a good reason to view the Titans with mistrust.
I don't mean Algalon was there the whole time, but rather he's automated so he's automatically sent down to a planet when the local Prime Designate dies. That's the impression I got anyway.
The thing that surprises me the most about the first chapter is Nozdormu saying that mortals now have to take care of the timelines.

This is a pretty ridiculous thing for him to say, as mortals don't actually have any way of interacting with other timelines in the way the Bronze dragons do. They can't switch timelines at will, or detect when one goes wrong. If the Bronze dragons can't take care of the timeline, then nobody on Azeroth can.
The thing that surprises me the most about the first chapter is Nozdormu saying that mortals now have to take care of the timelines.

This is a pretty ridiculous thing for him to say, as mortals don't actually have any way of interacting with other timelines in the way the Bronze dragons do. They can't switch timelines at will, or detect when one goes wrong. If the Bronze dragons can't take care of the timeline, then nobody on Azeroth can.

Either Knaack forgot that detail or Nozdormu is being a total fool. Seriously, the fact nobody has even attempted to mess things up yet...is a blessing.
What's with the Aspects lethargy? It's like Kalec is the only one who wants to do anything.

Wrathion needs to come in during the last chapter and smack some sense into them.

Edit: Also, there's a Human villiage in Northrend? And they don't care about the half-naked Dragon chick watching their kids?
What's with the Aspects lethargy? It's like Kalec is the only one who wants to do anything.

Wrathion needs to come in during the last chapter and smack some sense into them.

That's my biggest issue. It's like they're "......Nah forget it who cares......"

Kalec: DUDE LETS GO DO STUFF

Aspects:......Nah...../sitsoncouchandwatchsdragontv
02/18/2013 08:59 PMPosted by Dreignei
I don't mean Algalon was there the whole time, but rather he's automated so he's automatically sent down to a planet when the local Prime Designate dies. That's the impression I got anyway.

i thought the implication was that he knew where the titans were and that they still existed because what ever automated programing would have to track the titan's movements in order to send him to report to them. you cant have him reporting to a place that they left hundreds of thousands of years ago. they should have realisticly planed some way for him to easily or instantly know where they are.
02/18/2013 09:11 PMPosted by Veloran
Edit: Also, there's a Human villiage in Northrend? And they don't care about the half-naked Dragon chick watching their kids?

I don't think that was in Northrend. Maybe it was. Could have been one of the Grizzly Hills towns if it was.
Alex was hiding behind a fake tree illusion, though when she stepped out to speak to Kalec yeah it's weird no one noticed her.

The card game has introduced a faction of mortals called "Timewalkers." I think it's them.

That's my biggest issue. It's like they're "......Nah forget it who cares......"

Kalec: DUDE LETS GO DO STUFF

Aspects:......Nah...../sitsoncouchandwatchsdragontv

But that's perfectly normal..

Kalec probably looked up to the Aspects and when he got to be one, it was a dream come true.

The Aspects on the other hand have been Aspects for....as long as they have been Dragons. Their purpose is gone.

Blizz did talk about the timewalker faction and mortal mages are now becoming more adept with regards to controlling time magic(but lorewise and gameplay wise). Unfortunately I think the timewalker have either been scrap/will be added in the next expac so that reference will be pretty out of place.
02/18/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Juibloc
i thought the implication was that he knew where the titans were and that they still existed because what ever automated programing would have to track the titan's movements in order to send him to report to them. you cant have him reporting to a place that they left hundreds of thousands of years ago. they should have realisticly planed some way for him to easily or instantly know where they are.

Fair point he knew where they were. I'm just saying I don't think he necessarily was sent manually by them. Maybe the plan was just to go to the Titan homeworld and report, and if they weren't there... well crap then.
02/18/2013 09:14 PMPosted by Dreignei

Fair point he knew where they were. I'm just saying I don't think he necessarily was sent manually by them. Maybe the plan was just to go to the Titan homeworld and report, and if they weren't there... well crap then.

he doesnt need to be sent manualy though, there just needs to be some computer or what ever keeping track of the titan's movements so that his auto response has an effective delivery point.

so Algalon is chilling in his "Easiest job in the universe" condo. the red phone rings and he ports to the facility. he beats the players or looses to them, what ever... then pulls out his smart phone and hits the "the titans are here" app and ports there or takes his space ship or whatever.

that is how i see it working out... only no one tells the dragons about this because... they didnt really help out with the fighting the old god controlling titan stuff raid.