Why do all back items have to be capes?

General Discussion
Some technical problems would arise from weapon clipping. Also, there are quests where you have things like machinery strapped to your back.

My former dual wielding already clips with my cape, whats the difference with it clipping with a keg or backpack or rocket power porta-potty?
Some technical problems would arise from weapon clipping. Also, there are quests where you have things like machinery strapped to your back.

My former dual wielding already clips with my cape, whats the difference with it clipping with a keg or backpack or rocket power porta-potty?
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I mean, worst case scenario, they could always make weapon models toggleable like back items and helmets are if the clipping clashes so much.

Besides, items have always clipped, weapons in particular, and the last time they tried fixing weapons not clipping through the ground, by shrinking them, they reverted the change with in like a month.
02/16/2013 07:13 PMPosted by Kyriana
It would be nice to get some actual cloaks.

But I am SuperTank!
Arthas gets something badass in Culling.
I hate Arthas. I want that.
Or an actual cloak.
Arthas gets something badass in Culling.
I hate Arthas. I want that.
Or an actual cloak.
Yeah, even something like that would probably be better than the beach towels we currently have.
I hate using capes, I get rid of mine using http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/11930

It's an invisible back piece!
02/16/2013 09:11 PMPosted by Cobble
Id like to see my backpack. To feel like a real adventurer.

That would fit Caylre so well, considering she's a traveler ICly.
If I could wear a banner on my back like an Orc Blademaster my life would be made.

Like, I could die after that, no regrets whatsoever.
02/16/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Dollheart
Would be an amazing idea /signed
02/16/2013 07:10 PMPosted by Vhera
Where are the huge flowing capes that, and this is the first thing that comes to mind, you would see Spawn or Batman wearing?

Those aren't capes.

What we have now are capes. Terrible capes, but capes nonetheless.

DARTH VADER or Batman wear Cloaks (sorry, Spawn can't touch the granddaddies of cloak wearers). Cloaks 'cloak' the figure wearing them. They drape over the shoulders, and not just over the back.

They had the "overcloaks" we were supposed to get from the Echo Isles/Gnomeregan event, but they were removed suddenly. We never even got to see what they were, but there was a lot of speculation and hope.

Sadly, Blizzard cannot allow fun.
they have backpacks as back items in GW2

I thought they were horrendously ugly, personally

But to each his own - more variety is a good thing
My back slot is always hidden. Capes look ridiculously stupid...I want a cloak.

they have backpacks as back items in GW2

I thought they were horrendously ugly, personally

But to each his own - more variety is a good thing

Well, backpacks are just an idea, personally I'd be more interested in stuff like a keg, or a battle standard.
i think it be cool if hunters had a thing on there back that had arrows in it to go along with therre bow
SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best question EVER!
Been suggesting this forever myself. Why not give us back items other than capes? Backpacks, librams, quivers, kegs, rocket packs, etc. etc. Why do you think so many of us never turned in our freezy tanks from Thousand Needles? We want these things, Blizz. Make your customers happier.
I hate using capes, I get rid of mine using http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/11930

It's an invisible back piece!

Or you can just toggle the display of it off in the options ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wng-eSUk9I0&feature=youtu.be&t=10m10s
Keep in mind it took 4 expansions to get belt buckles.