Storm earth and fire questions

Monk
Is there any reason your clones won't get one shotted or killed very quickly from boss aoe? 10% health won't last long on any fight that I know of. Is the intent for us to spam one of these every time they die? Do they function like other blizz class pets?
They are not meant for boss fights they are meant for 3-4 mob trash packs.
I was under the impression they were meant for cleaves? i care very little about my damage on trash if at all. If its off the global cd there's no real reason I can't spam one on the boss every time it dies other than annoyance. I am sort of asking if anyone has played with their functionality on the ptr and knows of their value if any on bosses
In ptr they can't be damaged even in pvp... And they are ment for cleave fighting, they even boosted the 3rd clone's dmg so that it is beneficial to use a 3rd one.
I hope #4 is true and not #2.
Storm, Earth and Fire is a new ability for Windwalkers. It’s intended to be fill the role of attacking 2 or 3 targets. It’s a rather complex ability, technically, and you’re seeing a very early version of it that still has some significant bugs (which we’re hoping to hotfix soon). To give you an idea of the design intent here, the spirits should mirror your damaging attacks against targets other than the one they’re on (so that it’s not a single target DPS gain). The spirits auto attack on their own. It should reduce your and your spirits damage while they’re out, but the exact tuning for that is still being iterated on. They’re currently -40% for 1 (total of 120% of normal against 2 targets), and -55% for 2 (total of 135% against 3 targets). Non-damaging attacks (such as Spear Hand Strike) should not be mirrored, but damaging attacks (such as Fists of Fury) should. Feedback very appreciated.

Edit: This is from 1/10/13 but the initial intent of the ability
02/21/2013 03:57 PMPosted by Qinling
In ptr they can't be damaged even in pvp... And they are ment for cleave fighting, they even boosted the 3rd clone's dmg so that it is beneficial to use a 3rd one.

Did something change since the two days I've been on the PTR? Players were dropping my clones in seconds when I threw them on them.
How about they just change them to infested terrans. If someone attacks them they explode in a spray of slime and kill everyone.
02/22/2013 03:21 AMPosted by Rock

Did something change since the two days I've been on the PTR? Players were dropping my clones in seconds when I threw them on them.

I admit I haven't done pvp in ptr for a few weeks so they might of made them damageable I just know from doing the new raid that they don't die to bosses.