40% base resil...

Battlegrounds
Anyone else agree this made low level PvP realy unbalanced? you can have players in the 70/80 bracket running around with around 85% resil. I think it made low level PvP harder and class dependent. I am a Warlock, ever play a warlock and chaos bolt sombody for 1-3% of their health? and they heal that back up with 2% of their base mana? I understand why blizzard added this feature, so PvE players could PvP with their PvE gear on. But what purpose does a PvEer have in PvP anyways? Besides, 40% resil will still get you globaled at 90. Anyone else have a opinion on this feature? <-- PS this ruined my bracket </3
Boohoo, low level PVP that means nothing is no longer the main concern. Get over it.
02/23/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Loreonguy
Boohoo, low level PVP that means nothing is no longer the main concern. Get over it.
Then the stat equalizing in low levels in 5.2 is a myth?
Have you tried running with some PvP Power....ya know, any at all?
02/23/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Distress
Have you tried running with some PvP Power....ya know, any at all?

Must have been one of those "Sounded better in my head" things.

25% Increased damage Versus. Target that takes 80/85% Less damage.

It's a static boost in damage, it isn't an anti-resilience.
"made"? please low lvl pvp has been broken in one way or another since....well forever.
Ye it ruined the lower lvl bgs now healers are gods hybrids need 3-4 dps to kill em.
Twink que times sky rockted.
02/24/2013 03:46 AMPosted by Cuchullain
Twink que times sky rockted.

The only bracket that was really hit at all was 70's, 60's was already on it's last legs and 80's was destroyed by heroic DS equivalent BoE's being made available at level 80.

That said, there is a resil nerf on the PTR and resil scaling falls off pretty fast beyond 67%, I don't play 70's anymore but I encourage people to try out the bracket again when 5.2 hits.
Lore, i wont get over it. 90 pvp is to easy....and leveling PvP is class dependent, this is not a troll or QQ thread, all i am asking for is other players opinions on the topic, i stated mine, get over it
and yes i tried pvp power, it is completely useless imo, got a few twinks with 2ndary BIS sets that are ranged 30-35% power
The 40% resilience made it so you don't get eating by rogues and huntards at low level. Would you rather have those classes destroy everyone again?
I am of the opinion that base resilience needs to be removed.
02/24/2013 06:17 PMPosted by Kwizzlix
The 40% resilience made it so you don't get eating by rogues and huntards at low level. Would you rather have those classes destroy everyone again?

Yes. I would rather have some classes be able to kill everybody, rather than no classes be able to kill anybody.
02/24/2013 06:17 PMPosted by Kwizzlix

better than watch healer keep EFC live through 5 dps while dps has no way to stop healing.

when only viable way to kill EFC is wait for 30-40% debuff, then resilience in low lvl pvp is broken.
Because the 70-74 bracket is "all low level PVP".

Besides that one case, every single other bracket has benefited from the 40% base resil.
Because the 70-74 bracket is "all low level PVP".

Besides that one case, every single other bracket has benefited from the 40% base resil.

I agree. PVP at all levels prior to 70 benefit greatly from this. Gone are the days when a rogue could 2 shot everyone on the field, or a stupid keyturning hunter with no skill but a set of heirlooms could simply walk backwards and kill you before you even touch him. Even _with_ the base resil, a geared rogue at very low levels can open, land one GCD worth of shots, and watch you die of deadly poison dots if you don't have a heal. I shudder to remember how stupid this was before we had 40% base.

Heals can be a bit hard to kill until more CC comes in in the 30s, but normals are pretty consistently fun from there until 70. 70 exp cap seems kinda pointless unless they plateau the max resil (resil stackers were hard enough to kill pre-MoP even with full BC raid gear; now I imagine they're impossible). Cata greens make DPS the more powerful in the 75-79, and in the 80-84 exp cap basically everyone is a glass cannon except the most max-resil-stacked healers, who can still be killed if focused (granted you survive long enough to do so; DPS without heals die in about 5 sec in this bracket even with 150k health).

Looking forward to the effective level changes in 5.2; resil stack plateau at around 70% would make a lot of sense, and even a nerf on the ilvl 409 weapons, which I've heard rumors about, would make sense (even though I've spent thousands on the damn things myself).
02/24/2013 04:52 AMPosted by Facelol
That said, there is a resil nerf on the PTR and resil scaling falls off pretty fast beyond 67%, I don't play 70's anymore but I encourage people to try out the bracket again when 5.2 hits.

oooo do like.
actualy, it is not just in the 70-74 bracket, every bracket (including 90) is overpowered in some ways, for example, a few weeks ago i went 86-0 on a level 11 disc priest...DISC...what is considered a Healing specialization..bit ridiculous you think? and no it is not a matter of skill...any full BOA 1100 hero should be able to do this. Googlemeqt is my priest's name. the scale is just a bit to much ATM, i think it should increase as your level does.