Ret and haste

Paladin
Hi everyone, I'm ret. My ilvl is just under 500 and I'm slinging about 31-34% haste (8.5k-8.8k rating).

The primary value of haste is to decrease the cooldown between most of our rotational abilities. Its secondary value is to increase our melee swing rate.

Seeing as how I raid consistently with <25fps and around 250ms (life sucks), I was wondering if it would be better for gemming (but not enchanting/reforging) to go for pure str/str+haste/str+hit gems instead of haste/haste+str/haste+hit gems.

Any thoughts are welcome.
what are you currently pulling dps wise?
70-80k, nromally around 75, but this is on dummy without buffs. Yes, I should provide proper raid dps data, but it's hard to find a non-gimmicky fight this tier (I'm sure I'll think of one AFTER posting, naturally...)
Be nice if you posted your armory, would help alot
I sit at about 30-60 FPS depending on the boss and what is being done it. I also do not have the 10% melee haste buff in my raid, but manage quite fine with my 9.6k haste.

Edit: I also have about 200~ish ms
It is ALWAYS best to run your toon through simcraft. This is the ONLY way to determine the correct answer to your question.
From what I understand you never should gem hit. Reforge hit. I would gem strength and strength/ haste. After reforging to cap out hit and exp, reforge haste. I'd prob try to have at least 10% crit and the rest to mastery.
02/25/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Maxximus
It is ALWAYS best to run your toon through simcraft. This is the ONLY way to determine the correct answer to your question.

Whenever I see words like ALWAYS and ONLY, the I can be almost sure that it's wrong.
To be honest, last I checked the gains of haste gemming over strength was pretty minute at this point in the expansion. So my recomendation would be to do str>haste if you feel you aren't getting the full "effect" of your haste. Either way, it's still your choice.
02/26/2013 07:23 PMPosted by Thadium

Whenever I see words like ALWAYS and ONLY, the I can be almost sure that it's wrong.

Using a calculator to give you correct results is not one of those wrong things.
02/26/2013 07:23 PMPosted by Thadium

So using a calculator that is guaranteed to be right is now considered wrong?
Lol, fail.
Says the guy who wasted VP on the Shieldwall trinket. lol. Good-luck bro!