PvP is Fine.

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
02/24/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Stunshine
You need to find a dictionary. And probably some English textbooks.

Oh falling back to insults. Can't come up with anything else eh?

No, I never once said that a NPC has consciousness. That's...some pretty far fetched stuff my friend.

Again;

You wouldnt put a random, unbeatable raid boss smack dab in the middle of that dungeon would you? But hey, that raid boss deserves to c***smack you doesnt he? because hes been in that dungeon longer than you have and you have no business trying to gear up for a raid.

Difference between the two. That wasn't a good comparison.

I really do implore you to go back and read a few of my analogies. I really do think that could've saved a headache on your part.

Guess you need to use better analogies.

EDIT: Okay, I can't help myself:
"Thinking, observing it" ? LOL. What are you doing, watching animal planet? You look up how to beat the encounter. Thats not outplaying the boss. You even took what I had said and repeated it to me!

No my alliance friend. In terms of any PVE encounter, you either knew the fight or you didn't. Maybe when we get to heroic bosses, we can talk about beating berserk timers. But if i were to yell
"GET OUTPLAYED SHA OF FEAR" on a kill, I'd probably get some weird whispers :)

Nice ninja edit.

Observing meaning they're paying attention while the fight progresses. If they wipe, they know what to avoid and what to do. Try again with a bit more knowledge of that boss.

How far are you going to keep acting like this?
02/24/2013 06:25 PMPosted by Kirama
You need to find a dictionary. And probably some English textbooks.

Oh falling back to insults. Can't come up with anything else eh?

No, I never once said that a NPC has consciousness. That's...some pretty far fetched stuff my friend.

Again;

You wouldnt put a random, unbeatable raid boss smack dab in the middle of that dungeon would you? But hey, that raid boss deserves to c***smack you doesnt he? because hes been in that dungeon longer than you have and you have no business trying to gear up for a raid.

Difference between the two. That wasn't a good comparison.

I really do implore you to go back and read a few of my analogies. I really do think that could've saved a headache on your part.

Guess you need to use better analogies.

Next time I'll make them easier for you, I promise :)
02/24/2013 06:27 PMPosted by Stunshine

Or understand them before using them. That'll be a plus for you.
02/24/2013 06:23 PMPosted by Toskosa
i like getting gear and making my toons stronger. nut i am really just in it to hit ppl and win games.

I'm going to make a Alliance wins all the battlegrounds post and use you as my case study. Tooskosa leveled like 100x faster than Toskosa.
02/24/2013 06:31 PMPosted by Esclamayshun
'm going to make a Alliance wins all the battlegrounds post and use you as my case study. Tooskosa leveled like 100x faster than Toskosa.

But... but... but...

I've won a couple BGs. I've even had fun while playing BGs and gearing my toon.

The horror.

Or understand them before using them. That'll be a plus for you.

So sour. If me saying you didn't outplay your favorite raid boss stung so bad I promise to take it back.

And you're quite a character.

Nice ninja edit.

You really know its a Ninja edit when I put "EDIT:" in front of it.

"GET OUTPLAYED"

EDIT: I couldve just typed this in with the regular post, but because these edits bother you I went this route. Despite you being hung up on a simple analogy, rather, the assumption you know the difference between an NPC and a player, I forgive you for derailing a rather obvious point.

I'm gonna go to bed though. Perhaps I'll think about how I'm going to outplay Sha of Anger next reset. My plan is to use the fact that he's going to do the same thing AGAINST HIM, so I can predict his actions! If only there were some sort of add on that did these things for me.

-Like a Mod.
-For Deadly bosses.

Lawl. Goodnight my sweet prince
So sour. If me saying you didn't outplay your favorite raid boss stung so bad I promise to take it back.

I probably stung you pretty badly when I called you out for that "analogy." Judging from your remarks despite me not insulting you in the first place.

"GET OUTPLAYED"

Lol.

Yeah, you're really affected by this are you?

I probably stung you pretty badly when I called you out for that "analogy." Judging from your remarks despite me not insulting you in the first place.

"GET OUTPLAYED"

Lol.

Yeah, you're really affected by this are you?

Psst. I ninja edited <3
Psst. I ninja edited <3

Now you're just being trollish. Nice to see your own true colors. Stay small though.
02/24/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Toskosa
I'm going to make a Alliance wins all the battlegrounds post and use you as my case study. Tooskosa leveled like 100x faster than Toskosa.

lol'd irl. XD the funny thing is toskosa has a better win ratio then tooskosa by a lot.

Inconceivable!
02/24/2013 06:53 PMPosted by Toskosa
70% on my undead mage 59% on my alliance mage. i like how things turn out lol

IT WAS WARSTOMP WASN'T IT?!!

Damn those fat tauren!!!

Now if what you want is to have pvp a skill based thing. Thats how you could do it. But!!! That would be the most boring thing ever!

02/24/2013 03:42 AMPosted by Yukkon
You see these elite geared players going into random bgs and wiping the other team. They deserve to do that.

There seem to be essentially two types of people who are at the heart of this debate about the state of pvp:

The first type of person actually enjoys pvp for the challenge and competition, who want skill and strategy to be the deciding factors in the outcome of the game, not pre-gotten advantages that significantly tip the scale in their favor. They don't find it boring, but actually enjoy a balanced competitive game for its own sake.

The second type of person (like the op and people like kiaransali) like a pvp experience where going into the game they know they have an advantage and can win by a greater margin more easily. They like the feeling of going up against lesser geared disorganized groups and stomping them in the ground. They feel more powerful - invincible maybe even. it's thrilling to blow people up with ease, you feel godlike. This is the game they enjoy most.

Everyone enjoys what they enjoy, so I can't really be judgmental about one type of person over another. The second type of person gets very defensive if you suggest this makes the game imbalanced. They seem to have an entitlement mentality about being able to have greater power, simply because they put the effort in to getting the gear and that's what matters most. The first type of person is being forced out of the game with the changes over time blizzard has made in order to cater to the second type of person, probably because they believe that the second is their money base.
So you think its fair that the people that get the game a few days early and grind none stop

should be able to faceroll everyone they see without even trying. then what about the people

that just join people that are new to pvp want to give it a try you dont give them a chance

no hope or even a sliver of hope because they have to go through 3x the amount of work

the elite gear people did just to get the crap pvp gear because they can never win not 1 bg.

Winning is not everything i get that but if you lose every bg will not push people to be like

"hey I want to keep getting graveyard camped to grind for gear"
02/24/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Dragon
pvp is fine if you play the 5-6 op specs

this is also true yeah ik its hard to balance a game that changes every 2days (not realy time

length) just to give people something "New" and what i find funny is when i bring this up to

people i always get "Just reroll a >insert op class here< then" why? does that even make

sense I want to have fun so i have to pick a class because its 30% better then every other

class? Whoa wall of text sorry got pulled into my rage and started to rant well thats all i

have if you read it ty if not meh i got it out.
02/24/2013 05:00 AMPosted by Esclamayshun
But I'm betting the majority of WoW players enjoy the grinds and progression. So your typical wow player probably would find it boring to have no gear progression at all in PvP.

Everybody wants to be rewarded for winning or doing good, that is just human nature, and adds to the fun of the game. And if blizzard got creative about it they could come up with different types of rewards that would make winning more fun but would not increase the imbalance of subsequent games through significant gear disparity.

This is a quote from blizzards page describing upcoming gear changes: "Over time, the gap in power between Honor and Conquest PvP items has widened." This makes for an inevitably imbalanced pvp.

One possible solution could be to have several different bg queues. The first queue would be for people with newley leveled characters who want to gear up for higher level pvp. their reward would be honor points to by blue pvp gear, and they would only go up against others in blue who were likewise on the path to gearing up, or skilling up on a class new to them. The next queue, which you could ONLY go into once you reached a certain gear level, would reward you with conquest points allowing you to buy purple pvp gear. And perhaps a third queue would give you points for epic level gear. Something like this.

Getting gear is fun, but its not why we PVP.

Exactly right. And it should not be that most of our time has to be spent pvp grinding for gear just so then we get to play the real pvp games.
I don't mind a gear grind but I do feel that the gap between top tier and the tier below it shouldn't be that great...all that does is create a system where gear>skill. That's no fun.
02/24/2013 05:00 AMPosted by Esclamayshun
League of Legends is a skill based game and there is no gear disparity. Plenty of pvp players enjoy that game and don't find it boring.

You're clashing genres though. There is some spillover into both genres, sure. But I'm betting the majority of WoW players enjoy the grinds and progression. So your typical wow player probably would find it boring to have no gear progression at all in PvP. Some players would like it, there's no doubt about it. But GC said it best imo, that the game would have no legs (staying power) without gear progression.

The majority of top rated arena players bot for honor gear not even joking. Especially on alts.