Heroic Dungeons: Strategies, Tips, and Speed.

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Hello, I would like to list some good strats for heroic dungeons at level 90. I've been noticing people take the 'long way' in heroics. Please take this time to read and think about using these strategies for a faster heroic dungeon run. =)

Temple of the Jade Serpent- Yes, it is easier to go to Wise Mari first. It is a faster entry and a faster exit within the room compared to Lorewalker Stonestep. On your way to the Lorewalker trial, if your group is strong enough, have someone shoot a ranged attack across the room that hits the Nodding Tiger, Crybaby Hozen, and the other animal for a fast trash pull. Once your group has completed the first two bosses, it is best to pull all three sha trash groups at once. Why? Because normally groups even at the lowest ILvl can handle this. Still, safety is always more important than anything else in heroics. If you feel the need for speed when you are fighting Liu Flameheart on the Jade Serpent phase, bring her to the top of the stairs and pull the three big shas immediately after the boss is killed.

Stormstout Brewery- Exploding the brews in the beginning of this instance makes the run faster (I’ve been noticing people are just skipping them) For the big hozen room with a buncha’ hozen, you should use your Battle Horn in the middle if you have it, and don’t forget to warn the group. The virmen trash is simple, just pull them all into the boss room/platform and AoE like mad! Use several mass stuns for safety from the AoE they give. After the Brew Alemental that is after Hoptallus, you should skip these four small alementals, just wait until they patrol around the pillar. In the last boss room, when Ucle Gao summons his second trash wave, hide behind the pillar and use the LoS strategy and then AoE them all.

Mogu’shan Palace – After the Trial of the King boss, you can easily sneak pass the red mogu early by simply walking around them (Yes, this is too simple but some people tend to not do it). After the caster saurok trash, jump down and then you can start the boss immediately. After the boss is completed, use long-term CC’s on the saurok oracles so you can skip them and head to the elevator. The mogu trash that is before Xin the Weaponmaster can be skipped. Simply walk around them. DO NOT PULL XIN TO THE BACK OF THE ROOM. I personally, do not like when people do so, it does not solve anything and makes the run longer. You’ll end up pulling the mogu trash if you skipped it, too.

Shado-Pan Monastery- At the start, if your group can handle it, pull the lightning-ring-trash and both of the wardens together and meet up in the middle and AoE. Healer should be prepared to dispel as much as he/she can on the tank or he will get stunned longer. The pandaren trash after Gu Cloudstrike can be skipped. All up until the trash after the Sha of Violence is where the next strategies take place. You can skip every group besides the first and third pandaren trash group. If you feel your group’s performance is not quite well, throw some ranged attacks on the Hateful Essences before you pull that third group.

Gate of the Setting Sun- After the first boss, Saboteur Kip’tilak, run all the way to the elevator with the trash chasing you down and the tank aggro’ing them. If one person dies during this process and he/she is too lazy to run back, you might want to kill the mantid in his/her area so he/she can be resurrected. Use silence or CC spells on the Gale-Mantids so you will not be slowed. You can skip them again on your way to Raigonn.

Siege of Niuzao Temple- After you kill the first trash group, have someone with a speed/defensive cooldown buff to run across the boss room and grab the amber ooze group to the party. Kill these two visible amber ooze groups together. Immediately after killing the oozes, engage the boss. You will have a massive damage increase ‘debuff’. During Commander Vo’jak, DO NOT use the amber sap on the demolishers. There is no use and this wastes damage that could be used on the mantid warriors and boss. After you kill Vo’jak, skip the mantid all the way up until you see the three groups that are near General Pa’valak. During General Pa’valak’s encounter, I’ve been noticing that the dps and even the healer help AoE the adds with their own spells and attacks. This should not happen, use the bombs on the bubble shield. Tanks should bring the trash to the bubble shield anyway. The trash before Wing Leader Ner’onok can be grouped up in the same area. Just have the tank melee hit every mantid and they should then follow the tank.

Thank you for looking at these strategies and tips. If there are any mistakes you think I made or if you have any other strategies please feel free to tell me and I may edit this! Thanks and good luck in your heroic dungeoning!
Scholomance- After the first two Risen Guards, have the tank jump down from the stairway and pull the boss with a 30yd + attack so all the trash will be killed automatically. But warning, the two Risen Guards that patrol In the room will not be killed, so watch out as you try to kill Instructor Chillheart. After the Jandice Barov encounter, have the tank attack all the boneweavers in the room and use LoS around the corner where you killed Barov. Only do this if you know your healer can handle mass AoE healing. During the Lillian Voss encounter, if you have good dps in your group, use any major cooldowns and use Heroism/Bloodlust/Timewarp/Insanity when Lillian in phase transitioning (in other words when she is up in the air) so you can in fact “End it, now, before he can…”. After Lillian Voss is completed, and if your tank and healer is good enough, run along the bookcases and pull all the trash that would aggro to you to the other hallway and use LoS and AoE them down.

Scarlet Halls- Every trash patrol can be skipped by throwing dog food at them. Do not be afraid if you aggro them, you can still throw the dog food at the human and continue safely. No other strategies are found but since this is such an easy and fast dungeon, I know the average tank can handle mass pulls in this dungeon quite a lot! So do it =D

Scarlet Monastery- All you have to do with the “Pile of Bones” trash is kill the nearest group and then you can skip the rest. Most of the trash groups after Thalnos the Soulrender encounter can be skipped. Just pull the two judicators once you reach the courtyard, mount up, and pull the far right trash group that is near the stairs, but avoid any trash group that is near you or patrolling. Once atop the stairs, you can avoid the monks by simply not going near them. Pull Brother Korloff when he is in the middle of his patrol so you won’t pull any other trash and bring him to the back watery area for the encounter. You can skip the two monk groups by running through the middle. Not all of the trash in the actual monastery have to be killed, so try to minimize it!
Why though?

If you want a fast run, then tank it yourself with a healer friend. Some people might want to go slowly because they're unfamiliar with the dungeon, or just want to enjoy the dungeon without pressure of gogogogogog.

If you want fast dungeons do challenge modes too. Once you and your team are used to them you get faster valor.
Why though?

If you want a fast run, then tank it yourself with a healer friend. Some people might want to go slowly because they're unfamiliar with the dungeon, or just want to enjoy the dungeon without pressure of gogogogogog.

If you want fast dungeons do challenge modes too. Once you and your team are used to them you get faster valor.

Who uses healer friends anymore? Just get a dps to queue as heals.
My response to people who want me to gogogogo tanking is to sit and drink after every pull. And chat a bit.
02/22/2013 05:49 PMPosted by Emerys
My response to people who want me to gogogogo tanking is to sit and drink after every pull. And chat a bit.

And that's how you get a vote-kick. Ain't nobody got time for passive aggressive tanks
Haven't gotten one yet. Usually it's the mob pulling DPS that gets the vote kick.
02/22/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Zikx
Who uses healer friends anymore? Just get a dps to queue as heals.

Or go all the way and queue 5 dps with two flagging themselves as tank/heals. Yan-Zhu in SSB lasted 15 seconds I believe the last time me and my friends did it that way.
02/22/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Waraila

No.

You're wasting 4 other peoples time. If you want to RP walk find 4 other people yourself to queue with.
Stormstout Brewery- Exploding the brews in the beginning of this instance makes the run faster (I’ve been noticing people are just skipping them)

You missed one (two, actually).

The first two trash pulls have those small elementals channeling onto the hozen trash. The first pull they pretty much die automatically since the elementals are right next to them, but in the second room there's three times as many elementals in the room as there are channeling onto the hozen. Killing the channelers takes out 2/3 of the hozen's HP.
02/23/2013 01:55 AMPosted by Seiryu
Stormstout Brewery- Exploding the brews in the beginning of this instance makes the run faster (I’ve been noticing people are just skipping them)

You missed one (two, actually).

The first two trash pulls have those small elementals channeling onto the hozen trash. The first pull they pretty much die automatically since the elementals are right next to them, but in the second room there's three times as many elementals in the room as there are channeling onto the hozen. Killing the channelers takes out 2/3 of the hozen's HP.

Thanks.
Thanks, great post.

Just pull the two judicators once you reach the courtyard, mount up, and pull the far right trash group that is near the stairs, but avoid any trash group that is near you or patrolling. Once atop the stairs, you can avoid the monks by simply not going near them.

Can you describe that in a bit more detail? I've never had a group that doesn't end up pulling pretty much the entire courtyard.
Treat everything like gundrak.

One pull per boss. Sometimes including it

Also in seige roll the amber debuff to the top (35 stacks total).

Jump down and global boss
I've been labeled as a bad tank a couple of times now for tanking Xin as it's intended and not by cheezing him at the door, even though the rest of the run went smoothly. I don't get some people. I love that fight. For me it was the first time in a long time playing WoW where I felt surprised by an encounter, and it's the reason I always do it properly.

There isn't really a strategy to MoP instances anymore, even at the appropriate gear levels. Places like Scholomance and SM are literally 4 pulls. At least we have challenge modes. It would be interesting to see if Blizzard ever implements a LFG system for them.
05/08/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Ðemolition
Also in seige roll the amber debuff to the top (35 stacks total)

I've had a low of newbie tanks get mad at me for pulling trash without them lol. Have to explain what I'm doing almost every time.
I usually just pull everything and tank it myself.