Mistweaving, Blizz says I'm doing it wrong?

Monk
Alright, so I really do enjoy fistweaving, especially healing through auto-attacking. I can provide a consistent form of minor healing all while supplying larger heals on demand. I honestly feel like it's a seamless transition between melee dps healing and long-range target heals. However, I jab all the time to build up extra chi and I dump it on tiger palm and blackout kick most of the time to keep up my Serpent's Zeal and whatever the tiger palm buff is. I jab more to keep a supply of chi to provide immediate healing. The mana cost of jab is being increased from the 3% that it is live (which already feels steep when I want to build up more than two chi) to 8% in PTR. I'm curious to see if the amount of times I tiger palm to keep that buff up will help balance out the immense mana loss I take from just trying to build up chi. It may be moot if it works out balancing well, but I LIKE jabbing to build up chi and dumping it on tiger palm and blackout kick when I don't need my bigger heals. It seems like Soothing Mists might be more efficient come this new patch, but I just want to know if Blizzard doesn't want me to be able to jab! Am I doing something wrong or unintended because I certainly enjoy the way I work now. I had to build up spirit like a mad dog in order to keep afloat now. I can't imagine a 5% mana cost increase on one of the moves I use most frequently!

Thoughts? Am I wrong in thinking this puts a big wrench in the way I feel comfortable healing? Do I need a big overhaul in my technique?
Jab isn't supposed to be the go-to for chi generation... But 8% sounds harsh. I have a good idea of where my mana would be going - or where it wouldn't - if I had to spend 8% mana per GCD just for a basic resource generator.
Alright, so I really do enjoy fistweaving, especially healing through auto-attacking. I can provide a consistent form of minor healing all while supplying larger heals on demand. I honestly feel like it's a seamless transition between melee dps healing and long-range target heals. However, I jab all the time to build up extra chi and I dump it on tiger palm and blackout kick most of the time to keep up my Serpent's Zeal and whatever the tiger palm buff is. I jab more to keep a supply of chi to provide immediate healing. The mana cost of jab is being increased from the 3% that it is live (which already feels steep when I want to build up more than two chi) to 8% in PTR. I'm curious to see if the amount of times I tiger palm to keep that buff up will help balance out the immense mana loss I take from just trying to build up chi. It may be moot if it works out balancing well, but I LIKE jabbing to build up chi and dumping it on tiger palm and blackout kick when I don't need my bigger heals. It seems like Soothing Mists might be more efficient come this new patch, but I just want to know if Blizzard doesn't want me to be able to jab! Am I doing something wrong or unintended because I certainly enjoy the way I work now. I had to build up spirit like a mad dog in order to keep afloat now. I can't imagine a 5% mana cost increase on one of the moves I use most frequently!

Thoughts? Am I wrong in thinking this puts a big wrench in the way I feel comfortable healing? Do I need a big overhaul in my technique?

If you're doing it wrong the way you are describing it then I am also. I have always used Jab as my main Chi Generator, I have tried using soothing mist in the beginning of the expansion again after the intial nerfs of 5.1 and it just isn't reliable(In my own opinion) as a source of Chi. If I don't have chi I can't heal at least thats the way I look at it, and going from 12k to spending 24k mana on the spell that I use the most to get my bigger heals out just makes me tired. Glyphing Uplift might make the best choice here but then they are nerfing that too from what it is to being the same mana cost as Jab at 8% of our mana. This patch is looking horrid for us.
Soothing was never a reliable Chi-generator, even with Power Strikes, because that's every 20 seconds. Jab was fine as is, it was dealable. The mana it will soon cost is insulting as a main chi-generator. I might go back to ranged healing if that's the case ... just when I was starting to enjoy Fistweaving.
Jab went back down to 6% according to the patch notes for 19th.

Since you get the new passive Muscle Memory when we jab we gain it and the next Tiger Palm or Blackout Kick deal 150% dmg and give us 2% mana back its going to be the same as before, now if it does go up to 8% (again) its really only a 2% extra cost not 4%.

What I am more worried about is if they are still taking a hop off Renewing Mist because that plus the increased cost of Glyph'ed Uplift will make our AoE healing pretty bad.

Edit: There is a blue post somewhere where they said they wanted to move away from Jab - Jab - Uplift
02/21/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Ghostcrawler
- Monk – In efforts to further discourage Jab, Jab, Uplift, we increased the mana cost of Jab from 6% to 8%, increased the mana restore on Muscle Memory from 2% to 4%, and increased the mana cost of glyphed Uplift to 16% mana. So that monks feel like they can be less reliant on Jab, Jab, Uplift, we also changed Soothing Mist to generate chi more consistently (to avoid long stretches of bad luck) and increased its generation rate overall.

In case you were still inquiring, Qin.
Jab does hardly any damage, and therefore next to no healing at all. If it wasn't to generate chi, it has no purpose at all. Why is it even in the game, then? Now it's just another clunky mchanic.
I want to know what the chi generation is going to be with SM now. That much they haven't explained.

But unless you can keep on top of your Jabs, since a double-jab would render Muscle Memory useless, and would be devastatingly costly as well for mana, start kissing it bye.

And they might as well do away with, or change Glyph of Uplift, it's useless at this point (and was risky before).
Is this just craziness, but what if we were to stance dance to get one chi from Stance of the Fierce Tiger, then come back to Wise Serpent for the second chi? Probably will make Power Strikes a little awkward to use, and we'll need to use 2 more GCD's, but we'll be able to pick up that extra chi for less cost and we might be able to get around the double jab thing.
02/23/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Xinxou
When you switch stances you lose all the chi you gained in that stance, at least that's the way I remembered it.

Try it out, I seem to retain one chi.
02/23/2013 09:37 AMPosted by Seshel
When you switch stances you lose all the chi you gained in that stance, at least that's the way I remembered it.

Try it out, I seem to retain one chi.

And muscle memory based on wording is not stance oriented... so Jab with energy

go to crane and use the 1 chi for Tiger palm. Instant 4% mana gain?
I agree that the increase in Jab Mana is a bit ridiculous, making it cost as much as SCK is just dumb IMO. And if my math is right (might not be), even Muscle Memory isn't going to be an effective Mana Regen tool as it will only give back half of what was spent to get the effect in the first place.

But I hardly think this is going to be the end of Monk Healing overall. If Soothing Mist is going to provide more Chi Generation, it just might make us sit in the back and heal with the others and stay out of melee entirely. We'll have to see.
It's not. From tests from Affiniti, at 14k spirit you can go back to jab/jab/uplift without any issues.
I agree that the increase in Jab Mana is a bit ridiculous, making it cost as much as SCK is just dumb IMO. And if my math is right (might not be), even Muscle Memory isn't going to be an effective Mana Regen tool as it will only give back half of what was spent to get the effect in the first place.

But I hardly think this is going to be the end of Monk Healing overall. If Soothing Mist is going to provide more Chi Generation, it just might make us sit in the back and heal with the others and stay out of melee entirely. We'll have to see.

I prefer fistweaving over the traditional healing. Also with the muscle memory it becomes 4% jab cost if using the muscle memory which is the same as it is now. With the boost to damage I am excited about it even more, however I wish they would clarify if the nerf to eminence is just our passive or both our passive and the statue.