-25% Execute nerf.

Warrior
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
I'm hoping it's more of a scaling too hard and needing to be brought back in line. Kind of feel it is too for that matter.
Hopefully we can get some of the damage distributed back into our base abilities. Big buff for BT and small buffs for RB and WS.
02/23/2013 04:02 PMPosted by Malfurios
Hopefully we can get some of the damage distributed back into our base abilities. Big buff for BT and small buffs for RB and WS.

Your innocence is cute.
02/23/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Drevi
Your innocence is cute.

This.

We got nerfed because we were still too strong (apparently?). Not because our damage was lopsided and needed to be redistributed.
We were scaling too well with a hypothetic Legendary Meta gem. We got nerfed because of this.
02/23/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Jalopy
We got nerfed because we were still too strong (apparently?). Not because our damage was lopsided and needed to be redistributed.

My thoughts exactly. We really aren't(or at this point weren't) as competitive as this nerf suggests.
This.

The scaling may or may not be true. But our damage is lopsided and should be redistributed a little.

I understand it's unlikely Blizz will do what I suggested, but it would be nice.
As much as I like execute as much as any other warrior, I believe that with the new Thunderforged Weapons in BIS, we will be hitting as hard, if not a little bit less then what we're doing right now. I've played warriors for a long time, and nerfing warriors before new gear is nothing new, because we scale so well with weapons and gear.
Not saying that fury or warriors are all dependent on gear, but the skilled warriors wont feel this nerf in the long run in 5.2. Arms or Fury. Stricktly PVE, not talking pvp.
As much as I like execute as much as any other warrior, I believe that with the new Thunderforged Weapons in BIS, we will be hitting as hard, if not a little bit less then what we're doing right now. I've played warriors for a long time, and nerfing warriors before new gear is nothing new, because we scale so well with weapons and gear.
Not saying that fury or warriors are all dependent on gear, but the skilled warriors wont feel this nerf in the long run in 5.2. Arms or Fury. Stricktly PVE, not talking pvp.

That doesn't make sense. Shouldn't we be hitting harder with better gear?

I get tired of hearing about the "we scale so well" stuff. That doesn't mean we should be mediocre at the start of every new raid tier.
This.

The scaling may or may not be true. But our damage is lopsided and should be redistributed a little.

I understand it's unlikely Blizz will do what I suggested, but it would be nice.

On most encounters my overall dps only goes up 5-10k during execute. A lot of the "lopsidedness" that people perceive fury to have is due to recklessness and cooldown stacking, not execute itself. Our initial burst can be in the 225-250k dps range, and it has nothing to do with execute. If you use execute without recklessness, it doesn't look nearly as lopsided. Yes, execute adds a little more power to reck, but it's not the only reason our dps spikes at the 5 minute mark on fights.

What do you want our dps timeline to look like? A straight line that never changes over the entire encounter? Boring.

I may be in the minority, but I much preferred execute from back in MoP beta when it actually did hit like a nuclear bomb.
Thats what all the brown noses say when we get nerfed " we scale so well with gear" , blizz themselves said the gear scale is pretty much even with every class now so wtf are these ppl smoking. Im getting tired of all these nerfs I dont even have another toon to go to so ill be a warrior no matter what but it doesnt mean i have to bend over and take it up the !@#$ because some ppl like it that way.

What do you want our dps timeline to look like? A straight line that never changes over the entire encounter? Boring.

I may be in the minority, but I much preferred execute from back in MoP beta when it actually did hit like a nuclear bomb.

I completely agree.
02/23/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Bhaltair
Thats what all the brown noses say when we get nerfed " we scale so well with gear" , blizz themselves said the gear scale is pretty much even with every class now so wtf are these ppl smoking. Im getting tired of all these nerfs I dont even have another toon to go to so ill be a warrior no matter what but it doesnt mean i have to bend over and take it up the !@#$ because some ppl like it that way.

Uh.... well... they say that because fury actually does scale stupidly well.

You can try it for yourself in simcraft, download the program, set it to 1,000 iterations, turn off scaling, and set it to "live" Then go to the "Simulation" tab and type in the following:

Raid_T14H.simc

This will run every spec and give you a report similar to simulationcraft.org

Now, after you run that. Run it again, but run it with the following in the "override" tab:

global_item_upgrade_level=20

This will add 80 ilevels to every specs gear. Every spec will be grossly over expertise/hit caps, but this can be ignored for the most part as it negatively affects most of them. It puts our gear around end of expansion gear level.

Once you do this, you end up with the following picture:

http://i.imgur.com/CZKWeyH.png

It's no surprise that the specs at the bottom of this list are the ones that are getting buffs on the PTR, and the specs at the top are the ones getting the nerf. But, like GC says, this type of scaling isn't an issue that shows up inside of a single tier, which is why they have an adjustment of each spec when a new tier is out.
02/23/2013 05:56 PMPosted by Dyrik
We were scaling too well with a hypothetic Legendary Meta gem. We got nerfed because of this.

Nerfing because of a gem (if true) is about the dumbest and laziest change they could have done.
So this is to offset heroic-geared players with the new meta gem. What happens to those of us who aren't starting the patch off in T14 heroic gear with a meta gem? Just saying, nerfing endgame warriors by nerfing all warriors seems kind of stupid.
im pretty upset about this change, most of the changes ie read so far made sense, and ic an wrap my head around why they would make the change. this one is out of the blue and i dont understand.
02/23/2013 10:08 PMPosted by Collision

Uh.... well... they say that because fury actually does scale stupidly well.

You can try it for yourself in simcraft, download the program, set it to 1,000 iterations, turn off scaling, and set it to "live" Then go to the "Simulation" tab and type in the following:

Raid_T14H.simc

This will run every spec and give you a report similar to simulationcraft.org

Now, after you run that. Run it again, but run it with the following in the "override" tab:

global_item_upgrade_level=20

This will add 80 ilevels to every specs gear. Every spec will be grossly over expertise/hit caps, but this can be ignored for the most part as it negatively affects most of them. It puts our gear around end of expansion gear level.

Once you do this, you end up with the following picture:

http://i.imgur.com/CZKWeyH.png

It's no surprise that the specs at the bottom of this list are the ones that are getting buffs on the PTR, and the specs at the top are the ones getting the nerf. But, like GC says, this type of scaling isn't an issue that shows up inside of a single tier, which is why they have an adjustment of each spec when a new tier is out.

One curious thing about that image: affliction warlocks haven't really been touched yet.
02/23/2013 11:49 PMPosted by Xirkos
One curious thing about that image: affliction warlocks haven't really been touched yet.

And they won't because they don't care if the dps of casters has such a wide disparity! :P

And they won't because they don't care if the dps of casters has such a wide disparity! :P

Only if mages are on top.
So what's it going to do in current gear until we start gearing up?
I have played the lfr on the ptr where everyone's gear was brought to 480,alot of other classes where out in front on damage.
It's a straight nerf to every spec and play style,pve or pvp.Affects some more than other's,but a straight nerf regardless.
If it turns out we do end up op with the new gear,just hotfix it then.Don't see the reason to gimp us right at the start.