Why is HP skyrocking, whats the point?

General Discussion
Hello all, lvl 80 pvper here HP 20K...and that's most of everyone who is 80ish... Back when 80 was cap, a good player capped out around 55K during LK. when Cat hit you capped out around 150k, that a 100k increase for 5 lvls 85 being the cap. Why? I ask, whats the point...so you raised all the boss's health to match, why? it doesn't make since...having 150k HP doesn't mean a lot, well in lower lvl instances it does...but for the game play no...So now Panda hits and i have seen players with over 500k health the cap being 90, again i ask why? Over 300K increase in 5 lvls, whats the point...it doesn't make the game E-zer, when all the boss's are also increased. when is going to stop at a Million HP? seems like a 50K HP increase in each expansion would of been just fine...making a lvl 90 around 150k, and the boss's increase would match of course. and pvp suffers the most., getting honor points takes time..400k honor point nets you 3 pieces of lvl 80 pvp gear, so as i stated lvl 80 here...20k HP and pvping in 80 to 84 BGs, and all i see is 100K, 200K pvpers because of Cat greens, not even pvp gear...just that the fact there is a 100K increase in only 5 lvls.. and when i finally get all lvl 80 pvp gear when i hit 85...guess what? i go into the 85 to 89 BGs and get 1 shoted again...because the 250k to 300k increase in 5 lvls...I asked one more time whats the point.....of skyrocking HP.....
Dost thou even hoist?
Not reading that wall of crap but its because they want us to feel like our characters grow stronger each expansion basically.

Edit: The increments need to be large enough to force people to change gear each expansion otherwise people that are decked out in all heroic gear from the last tier of the previous expansion wouldn't be replacing gear until the next level cap.
They nerfed all the numbers internally. DPS, health, everything.

It felt weird to the designers, the people who conceptualized and implemented the system.

So they scrapped it.
02/26/2013 11:31 PMPosted by Meirâ
its not that long..

Yeah but its just a chaotic wall.
i like large health pools, it makes things more interesting
just talking about the huge gap in HP in 5 lvls.
Not reading that wall of crap but its because they want us to feel like our characters grow stronger each expansion basically.

Edit: The increments need to be large enough to force people to change gear each expansion otherwise people that are decked out in all heroic gear from the last tier of the previous expansion wouldn't be replacing gear until the next level cap.

People didnt replace their heroic DS gear leveling up.

They didn't start replacing it until they reach cap and started running heroics.

probably because of all the complaints that people had to replace their "hard earned (lol)" heroic Lich King gear right away with Cataclysm quest greens

the majority of the player base, who likely barely made it much farther than LFR, were replacing their gear right away, going from 378s to 384s

except people didnt replace their heroic DS gear leveling up

Not till they hit cap and started getting heroic gear.

wasent heroic ds gear item lv 410? i think once people got into kun li summit they where able to replace that gear

and there is also a few people with only gear from HOT dungeons and the DS LFR gear, so i think these people would have replaced gear faster in pandaria
02/26/2013 11:27 PMPosted by Destructable
Dost thou even hoist?
Forsooth, fair maiden. Wouldst thou take mine arm?
Its takes you 80 lvls to reach a HP cap at or around 20k. and in 5 lvls from 80 to 85 your gain 100k...seems a little off..
02/26/2013 11:31 PMPosted by Meirâ

its not that long..

It's not about the length or height, but the density.

In terms of "walls o text", what OP has done is like a midget bodybuilder.

02/26/2013 11:39 PMPosted by Skullripper
wasent heroic ds gear item lv 410? i think once people got into kun li summit they where able to replace that gear

I had near BiS gear in DS. I replaced most of my gear in Townlong Steppes/Dread Wastes.

It was REALLY hard to find a weapon or trinket better than Dragonwrath and H WoU, but that's to be expected.

People didnt replace their heroic DS gear leveling up.

They didn't start replacing it until they reach cap and started running heroics.

The point is so that the stats outweigh set bonuses when people start raiding. It doesn't matter if people used t13 to gear up in heroics, but rather that once they're pre-raid BiS, they have as little pre-expansion gear as possible.
1 to 80 20+k
80 to 90 480k increase...seems broken.

anyway goodnight all... =)
02/26/2013 11:49 PMPosted by Tarnaah
Its takes you 80 lvls to reach a HP cap at or around 20k. and in 5 lvls from 80 to 85 your gain 100k...seems a little off..

The hit point cap for level 80 was much higher than 20k (23k was suggested for starting heroics) for tanks which is what the standard is since the developers wanted a smaller gap between tank heath pools and the health pools of other roles. Even at level 80 endgame alone health pools increased over 100%. Also it is end game increases which you have to look at since gear is used at those points as a means to keep us interested while leveling is a goal in itself.

I need sleep so I hope that makes sense.
1 to 80 20+k
80 to 90 480k increase...seems broken.

anyway goodnight all... =)

ehh, it mainly gear that increases health, the amount of health you gain per lv really isent that much after 80
They buffed our hp in cataclysm because they wanted to slow pvp down, but now our damage is really high again so it doesn't even matter.