UH must be AMAZING in PvP

Death Knight
I did this too, so I'm not the shining example of constructive criticism or debate here -- but it might be better if we leave our heated discourse at a standstill.

We're not changing minds. After all, WoW mechanics are only slightly below religion and politics. ;)

I do feel it's better to absorb UH pvp slowly, if only because I had a similar experience when starting UH and the binds seemed myriad. It's best to compartmentalize and approach it that way; it's not that it's especially difficult but is more.

The assumption is that this guy reached out in earnestness and said "Look, I need help." UH is famously bind-heavy (if not hard), so this is probably what the issue is -- that and the memory work and hand/eye coordination of learning the new tricks, including but not limited to pet management.

With pet management alone, you've got follow/claw on and off/gnaw/Dark Transformation leap to manage along with the ghoul's health bar. At higher PvP you have "move-to" to set up leaps or rogue shanking. I get that it's just "more stuff" for him.
@Morsyn

Like I said, you just steam off to be very whiny to me. By simply calling someone 12 just simply imply you are in no way mature yourself. And you obviously didn't read my post either so I don't see why you are getting mad at others who don't read your post.

I have never said that Unholy is any harder to learn or play than Frost is. All I simply said was some people get a thrill playing a less viable PvP spec and to out play other players who uses the popular specs. Spamming SS will not help a UH be successful at all in PvP, Festering is alright to use, just adding 6 more sec for your diseases, but the main focus for UH is NS. I am in no way trying to "Over-complicate" anything. I enjoy Frost myself, especially DW, but I just simply enjoy Unholy more than i do 2h and DW Frost.

I have read your post, but you are just being very "idiotic" to other people's opinion. By simply stating that other people can't read just imply that you are not anymore mature than the next guy, along with the excessive use of Curse words, not that it's a bad thing, just makes you look unintelligent.

Ok, you can go on and try bashing on me again. Have fun, because I won't revisit this thread for a while, simply because the original topic has steered into which Frost v.s Unholy.
I never QQed about your excessive use of curse/profanity. It just makes you look immature. No surprise since you are from Mannoroth.
Everybody uses Blood Tap for the express purpose of stacking Necrotics. It's the only reason UH is competitive (if it can even be said to be right now). And come 5.2, Death Runes will be even easier to get back with Festering no longer being the only way to convert Frost. NS with BT is amazing and once you get through UH's ramp-up time, it's normal to be sitting on three or four Death Runes at any given time.
02/24/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Morsyn
Anyways, why exactly would you be spamming Scourge Strikes over Festering Strike when the latter does a !@#$load more damage?

LMAO

...ignorant much.
02/24/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Morsyn
Pretty sure this is complaining. But keep on being delusional thinking that it's not. Just like you think this thread is about Frost vs. Unholy. Just like you think that I was deterring people or downtalking Unholy in anyway, right? You're definitely on top of things and always right. Peace out.

Please stop. You're just digging your own grave (no pun intended). This thread IS about frost vs. unholy, just not which is better. It's about Unholy being more complicated and taking more time to master than Frost, which it does.

Then you come in here, claiming both Unholy and Frost are faceroll, and that the OP is an idiot if he thinks unholy is complicated. No, you didn't directly call him and idiot, but that's what every word in your post seemed to indicate. You then proceed to provide a gross over simplification of what unholy actually entails in PvP.

When you're called out on your belittling language, excessive use of profanity, and grossly oversimplifying Unholy, you use the same demeaning language in an attempt to belittle the posters by saying,

So I use prophanity, what are you, 12?

"UH IS SO HARD GAIS U HAVE TO LINE UP UR TRINK AND UR PROC LIKE IT TAKES SO MUCH MANAGEMENT". LOL

Oh btw, since people in here can't read especially this guy above

02/24/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Morsyn
I swear people on this forum are like mildly retarded.

02/24/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Morsyn
Stop posting, you can't read, you aren't posting anything relative to the discussion, etc.

02/24/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Morsyn
Pretty sure this is complaining. But keep on being delusional thinking that it's not.

You're not offering anything meaningful to the thread. You belittled the OP instead of trying to help him, and belittled the people who actually were trying to help. Be constructive or stay off of these forums.
While I agree that Unholy takes more investment to master than Frost, I'd also like to suggest that people should stop feeding this troll please.

02/25/2013 06:41 AMPosted by Karaahl
You're not offering anything meaningful to the thread. You belittled the OP instead of trying to help him, and belittled the people who actually were trying to help. Be constructive or stay off of these forums.

Theses forums would be so much nicer and enjoyable if people would be 100% constructive. I've never understood the need to bash on others when there's absolutely no reason to do so. It's just useless and yet, some people seems to enjoy it so much...it does not make any sense at all.

Edit: By troll I did not mean you Karaahl
Um.. what? How the !@#$ is it that much more complicated than Frost, lmao. You have like 2-3 additional spells you need to manage, tops. You have Unholy Frenzy INSTEAD of Pillar of Frost so that doesn't even count. Your Gargoyle is basically your pet summon in Frost in terms of a cooldown. So you basically do the same exact %^-*, pop your +dmg, pop your summon once you have RP (won't matter in new patch), rotation is VERY mildly different, wooo you have to Scourge Strike twice instead of spam Obliterate. If you played Blood, that's the same concept as Heart Strike. The rest of the rotation and keys is EXACTLY THE SAME. The only thing you need to remotely watch is when you get 5 stacks and that big gold thing LIGHTS UP telling you to hit it to transform your pet. I mean you can try to manually use your pet stun but you will rarely even ever get sucha opportunity. So what's difficult, realizing when you have 5 stacks of the buff? Having to use Scourge Strike twice to blow your unholy runes then spamming Festering Strike like you do Obliterate?

You are absolutely right, there is little difference in challenge between frost and the way you just described UH.

Now, on the other hand, correct play of UH is a good bit more difficult.
i only use necro strike, which is hard if you dont have death runes. i win. gg. TEACH ME HOW TO DOUGIE
02/25/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Morsyn
another bad DK with 0 experience in PvP talking. This thread is just full of bad DKs who haven't even broken 1500 in arena OR RBG, rofl, funniest part.

Again, you didn't pay attention to what I actually said. I never said Unholy was hard. Difficulty is relative. All I said was that it's harder to master and get used to than Frost. Which it is.

We're not angry at you for calling the class
02/24/2013 04:43 AMPosted by Morsyn
one of the simplest and most faceroll rotations
, we're angry at you for being a douche bag about it.
02/25/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Morsyn
another bad DK with 0 experience in PvP talking. This thread is just full of bad DKs who haven't even broken 1500 in arena OR RBG, rofl, funniest part.

ya ok 1900 club in here.

See, I can belittle people too, but it doens't make me look better.
Ya bro, your big 0 in RBG and arena, you definitely know much about this game and what to use

LMAO.

lol...cretin. Do I know about this game than you? Maybe I do, maybe I don't (although I am leaning on the side that I do). However, I can say... I do know more about unholy than you do.

Now, you can go ahead and try to belittle me by shoving ratings in my face; personally I stopped caring for PvP after it hit the point of no return. It would be like me trying to shove my PvE progression in your face: it's something you care little about.

All I'm saying is this: You are ignorant to the workings of Unholy; maybe you know frost like the hair on your knuckles, but your statements show lack of knowledge (hence the word ignorant) about unholy.
The assumption is that this guy reached out in earnestness and said "Look, I need help." UH is famously bind-heavy (if not hard), so this is probably what the issue is -- that and the memory work and hand/eye coordination of learning the new tricks, including but not limited to pet management.

With pet management alone, you've got follow/claw on and off/gnaw/Dark Transformation leap to manage along with the ghoul's health bar. At higher PvP you have "move-to" to set up leaps or rogue shanking. I get that it's just "more stuff" for him.

Yeah, OP here, this is a good description of my outlook. Also, I think a lot of you touched on the pet aspect as being what pushed me over the edge. I was dragging stuff from my spell book to my bars, and was feeling a little overwhelmed, but then I realized I also had the normal active pet abilities to macro, and then the dark transformation pet abilities to macro, and ... /weep.

One thing that doesn't help the situation is that I looked at AJ, MMOC, and this forum, and don't see any unholy PvP stickies, so I'll be starting from scratch. I'll admit I know so little as Unholy that I don't even know what to do with blood runes and will have to figure that out.

Frost made it easier for me to start out by having the blood runes convert to death runes and no pet for which to manage movement, stance, or active abilities.

I'm sorry to have started a bit of a flame fest - that wasn't my intention. I was just venting and trying to give props to people that can actually play this spec well - it really impresses me that people can do so with all there is to manage.
Disco,

http://www.youtube.com/user/ReinhartDaRussian

Not sure about the rules of this forum, so hopefully this link can stay. If not, look up Reinhart on YouTube and you'll find myriad UH play along with step-by-step instructions on how to handle everything from rotation to ghoul binds.

Most of the top DKs do not stream; neither Mes or Anotherx do as an example, so Reinhart is the closest to a guiding angel for new UH players. He is still a gladiator DK though, so give those videos a look when you have time.
Awesome, thanks for the link.