Upgraded the wrong item with valor points

Customer Support
Tonight I got Tornado-Summoning Censer from normal HoF. I already had the LFR version of the item. I went to upgrade it, and ended up upgrading the normal version once and the LFR version once. I immediately opened a ticket, but was told by the GM that there was nothing that could be done.

The two items have the same name and icon. I upgraded the correct one first, thought I grabbed it again and dragged it into the upgrade window, but grabbed the wrong one.

I would like either 750 valor refunded, or my normal Tornado-Summoning Censer upgraded to 2/2.
02/27/2013 09:16 PMPosted by Dejahthoris
I would like either 750 valor refunded, or my normal Tornado-Summoning Censer upgraded to 2/2.

I'm afraid these forums are not an alternate means of contact for in-game support, Dejathoris. You will need to submit a ticket in-game or through the Support Site. If you have already contacted them you may try reopening your ticket and clarifying your request.

If the error was made recently they are sometimes able to help but that is by no means guaranteed.

Good luck.

I immediately opened a ticket, but was told by the GM that there was nothing that could be done.
You already got your answer and posting on the forums will not change it. It isn't up to Blizzard to give you a refund when all you would have had to do was read the tooltip before doing the upgrade.

They are not able to return valor and remove an upgrade. The GM was absolutely correct. There is nothing they can do. This is one of the reasons they are removing the upgrade vendor in the new patch that is coming out soon. They have said that the upgrade option will return eventually. One would assume they are working a way to do it with a two hour timer like purchased items. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to help you with this mistake. sorry :(
02/27/2013 09:20 PMPosted by Vrakthris

I'm afraid these forums are not an alternate means of contact for in-game support, Dejathoris. You will need to submit a ticket in-game or through the [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS"]Support Site[/url]. If you have already contacted them you may try reopening your ticket and clarifying your request.

If the error was made recently they are sometimes able to help but that is by no means guaranteed.

Good luck.

Thank you for the fast reply, Vrakthris. I did submit a ticket, and the GM could not help me because Blizzard's policy was to not provide refunds for this type of action.

I'm looking for an alternate way to resolve this, or barring that, a way to talk to someone else about this.
02/27/2013 09:23 PMPosted by Dejahthoris
I'm looking for an alternate way to resolve this, or barring that, a way to talk to someone else about this.
Then re-open the ticket as the only way to speak with a GM or their supervisor is via the ticket system.
02/27/2013 09:23 PMPosted by Dejahthoris

A GM is the only person you can talk to about this. You can open another ticket and ask for it to be reconsidered.
Thank you for the fast reply, Vrakthris. I did submit a ticket, and the GM could not help me because Blizzard's policy was to not provide refunds for this type of action.

there is no alternate way or other person to talk to. your only recourse is to submit another ticket and ask again, but frankly i don't think i've heard anyone say that they have refunded valor or otherwise done anything to fix a mistaken upgrade.
This is one of the reasons they are removing it in the new patch that is coming out soon.

Actually, the removal of the upgrade option for valor points has to do with the new raid tier content being released.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592242035#1