More ways to dismount people

General Discussion
bump
02/22/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Hotwheelz
TL;DR: To partially fix the problem with level 90s ganking people in CRZs, add easily obtained items to knock people off mounts.

only read this as the other was an OMG text crit!
Anyway it will all be over soon, those bored 90's currently ganking will be leveling and raiding again.
Just finally make it so on PvP servers people can't "gank" you without some threat. 10 level difference makes you untargetable to other characters unless your dueling. Max level characters vs lower level characters is not "PvP" its cowardice and griefing. Being jumped by someone of a similar level and putting you into combat is real PvP because you have a chance to compete.

Low level ganking as a max level player doesn't add anything meaningful to the game and stop with the bullcrap: "We got ganked and griefed so you should have to, too!". It's called progress and change time to drag you into the future kicking and screaming.
You are lvl 60 flying on a mount when a lvl 60 uses said item on you.
As soon as you hit the ground, his lvl 90 buddy that was lying in wait
ganks you. The camp is on.

Theres already a way to keep it from happening. Its up to you to take it
or not.
Fix world pvp:

Level/stat scaling to what is appropriate for the zone (would benefit pve as well).

Cannot use flying mount while flagged for pvp.

Profit.
I am most definitely for adding flight dismounts, but only if it protects the victim from falling damage.
10/27/2014 07:55 PMPosted by Malcho
I am most definitely for adding flight dismounts, but only if it protects the victim from falling damage.

The only way I would be okay with flight dismounts is if it required some very expensive equipment/ammunition via professions.

And NO protection from falling damage.

It should cost more to shoot down a player than what that players repair bill will be. (Expensive ammo).

Unlimited range...(provided that you have LoS and can click on the target).

I'm not talking about a stinking turtle shell either, I mean something that is expensive to produce. Must be "driven" like a land mount. And can be destroyed or may even be taken as a spoil of war by another party if your party is all dead. Must also have a reasonable cooldown.

Basically you don't want to go out in the world and start shooting players down by yourself because you're likely to lose your equipment.

With this equipment a group could control an area for some time until stronger forces overtake them. But there is financial cost/risk.

Less griefing/more fun.

10/27/2014 07:37 PMPosted by Paskho
Level/stat scaling to what is appropriate for the zone (would benefit pve as well).

Cannot use flying mount while flagged for pvp.

Profit.