Blue Please Read: Account server transfer

General Discussion
Please consider adding a new type of server transfer to your already available single character transfer, which would be an account wide server transfer. Consider a one time payable service for maybe around 60$ which would allow someone to transfer all their characters from one realm to another. Maybe even 75$ for account wide faction and server transfer. I would pay this to get my characters off this dead server that I play on.

I have 6 characters that are currently 85+ and I can't imagine paying 150$ just to move my characters from one realm to another. This game's population is not what it used to be, and there are some servers out there that are really struggling. I think some players could definitely benefit from a service like this.
Totally agree. I could even see them doing it in groups of 5 for those prices. Maybe even something like 85 bucks for 5 transfers + faction changes and 65 bucks for 5 transfers OR faction changes.

Even if this was just a 3 month promotion or something, it would go a long way in helping some of their customers while they would still be making a lot of money.

Sadly, I don't think we'll see this kind of thing.
Better if they just fixed server population issues instead of extorting more money from the players who want a chance to play the game with others.
I doubt they will ever do it for that cheap.

You can have up to 11 characters per server. That would be a huge money loss.

It would be nice if they would address server populations.
But wait a minute, everyone said CRZ's were going to address server populations.
02/28/2013 09:39 AMPosted by Jedipriest
But wait a minute, everyone said CRZ's were going to address server populations.

A few people on the forums have said this, Blizzard has never said this. They have stated this will address Zone population which is not the same as server population.
I understand that Blizz would be potentially taking a hit on possible income if they added a transfer system like this, but their transfer system has not changed since they first introduced it to the game. I am sure when they first launched this option they had a fair amount of success with it.

But how popular, or how much is it being used now? This game's population is not what it used to be. I have seen a lot of posts in the forums saying "Blizz please fix my dead server!" This service would be a great way to generate some quick cash for roughly the cost of purchasing the new xpac. I mean MOP has been out for what like 6 months, and it has already had a 50% price drop.

I love this game, but there are not as many people playing as there used to be. A service like this would get some use and I really wish they would consider doing something like this.
this would be awesome. the fact that most of the transfer services cost more than it cost to play the game for an entire month is kinda lame imo.

Not really, if they do it smartly. For example:

1 account transfer from server A to server B: $10 per character. Name change not included unless it is already taken.

1 account transfer from server A to server B, plus a name/sex change: $15 per character. It does not matter if you want to change the name/sex of one or all your characters.

1 account transfer from server A to server B, plus a name/sex/race change: $20 per character. It does not matter if you want to change the name/sex/race of one or all your characters.

1 account transfer from server A to server B, plus a name/sex/race/faction change: $25 per character. It does not matter if you want to change the name/sex/race/faction of one or all your characters.

The above prices are only valid if you want to transfer three or more characters from ONE server to a different server.
Really? When I came back to the game my friends had moved around and I ended up moving to Icecrown. Six characters that faction and server changed... about 22 months of playtime if you want to get specific, is what it cost me...
I don't see a need to make character transfers cheaper.
Cheaper transfers means less of server communities as you can jump ship at anytime.

How would it be a money loss?

Currently - person stays where they are because they can't afford to move their toons.

Net money to Blizzard - 0

With proposal - person moves all toons for $60

Net money to Blizzard - $60

Cheers.
I don't see a need to make character transfers cheaper.
Cheaper transfers means less of server communities as you can jump ship at anytime.

Then put a cooldown on account server transfers, or make the costs rise significantly with every transfer you do within a certain period of time.
or take away the server transfers like back in the day. then listen to the whining and crying about 25 bucks wasnt too high
The term usually used here is "batch transfer", and most people think it should allow you to move multiple alts (not all though) for cheaper.
02/28/2013 09:47 AMPosted by Sonofsam
this would be awesome. the fact that most of the transfer services cost more than it cost to play the game for an entire month is kinda lame imo.

This is so true. We let them get away with this because, we pay for it. If we didn't issue them $25 dollars for this service service, they would lower the price. Rift, which I know is a different game, allows free transfers or all your toons. Only limits is once a week, and if server is to full you cant go there.
02/28/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Paroxysmus

This is so true. We let them get away with this because, we pay for it. If we didn't issue them $25 dollars for this service service, they would lower the price. Rift, which I know is a different game, allows free transfers or all your toons. Only limits is once a week, and if server is to full you cant go there.

again take them away so sick of you cheap butt fedoras (to steal another posters term) get rid of em. plain and simple and i bet you all people will whine to get em back