Voidshift/Lifeswap needs to be fixed

Priest
It's been nearly 5 months of MOP and Lifeswap/Voidshift are still completely bugged. After watching blizzcon champions lose because of it as well as the countless games I have lost of Arena because of the "missile projection time" on it.

This needs to be REMOVED. If you use a cooldown, especially a 6 minute cooldown, you should get to actually BENEFIT from its use, hence using a major god damn cooldown. How many games have I lost when I swap and the animation doesn't make it to my friendly so I die with the cooldown down.

Here's just one of the many screenshots.

http://i.imgur.com/xzT3u5h.jpg

Please remove the "travel-time" from this as you have done from countless other spells in the past. It needs to be gone. Its a 6 minute cooldown, it should always work.
There is no travel time. It is latency and cannot be fixed.
Lifeswap works just fine. The only people who seem to complain are the poor full hp souls in randoms that I swap with when I'm about to die O.o
03/01/2013 11:34 AMPosted by Nixxin
There is no travel time. It is latency and cannot be fixed.

^

Happens with Lay on Hands and Guardian Spirit too.
Id like to agree that its not bugged, or say its latency. But i dont have issue with grip/pom/shield, yet have numerous times swapped a dead partner (i go to 25% from 100, he instantly dies and i get gibbed). And i have ~40ms.

Seems to happen more often @ max range.
OP, if you feel this is a valid issue, you need to post it on the bug forums and open a ticket. Blues literally do not look at the class forums.
I was pretty sure there was a travel time as well, wasn't there a bug where you could void shift and shadowmeld to prevent the lower health from "returning" to you? I've never tried it but I read it in one of the other forums.
It is bugged.

A number of times I've swapped health with a dead player. (If timed just right)

The player is stil dead and I'm get 25% health.

Latency cannot explain that.

Except that it does.
also, the glyph that let you use Prayer of Mending on shadow form still bug :(
It is bugged.

Not necessarily. If you look for void shift on WoL via the log browser the following two things stand out.

1. The healing and damage components happen at the exact same instants in time.

2. The healing and damage components do not happen exactly when the spell was registered as being cast.

When you mention situations where you void shift a player, the damage component happens but the healing component doesn't register and a death still occurs it does imply latency is the culprit. "Travel time" wouldn't account for this provided WoL is tracking the ability properly and both the healing and damage components really happen simultaneously.

Now, latency may not be why the spell registers as being cast slightly before the healing and damage components occur. Here it could be due to latency or the travel time idea. The interesting thing here is the time between the spell being cast and the healing and damage components happening doesn't appear to be consistent. It would have to be ranged based or something for the travel time concept to hold much water.

And forgive me, but this isn't a huge problematic issue. It's clear there is a delay between the spell cast and the effects of the spell cast. Perhaps this happens because of latency. Perhaps it happens because of some built in travel time. Either way you know with certainty the spell effect doesn't happen the instant the spell was cast. The solution here is very simple. Adjust around this time discrepancy and get better at predicting a half a second to a second ahead of time and cast it early (in other words "I lost arena match X because void shift doesn't happen the instant the spell is cast" is what we call an excuse).
It is bugged.

Not necessarily. If you look for void shift on WoL via the log browser the following two things stand out.

1. The healing and damage components happen at the exact same instants in time.

2. The healing and damage components do not happen exactly when the spell was registered as being cast.

When you mention situations where you void shift a player, the damage component happens but the healing component doesn't register and a death still occurs it does imply latency is the culprit. "Travel time" wouldn't account for this provided WoL is tracking the ability properly and both the healing and damage components really happen simultaneously.

Now, latency may not be why the spell registers as being cast slightly before the healing and damage components occur. Here it could be due to latency or the travel time idea. The interesting thing here is the time between the spell being cast and the healing and damage components happening doesn't appear to be consistent. It would have to be ranged based or something for the travel time concept to hold much water.

And forgive me, but this isn't a huge problematic issue. It's clear there is a delay between the spell cast and the effects of the spell cast. Perhaps this happens because of latency. Perhaps it happens because of some built in travel time. Either way you know with certainty the spell effect doesn't happen the instant the spell was cast. The solution here is very simple. Adjust around this time discrepancy and get better at predicting a half a second to a second ahead of time and cast it early (in other words "I lost arena match X because void shift doesn't happen the instant the spell is cast" is what we call an excuse).

Talb gets one shot by lifeswap at blizzcon 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbvOC7IMpsc&list=UULakmEQmhdwiqAsq71W50hA

That was the lifeswap bug, which was fixed.

What you're talking is healing in general.

Let me explain.

Void shift is a heal, unfortunately heals get counted on your side before they reach the server side, in addition the server sends out the damage to your computer before it can take into account the healing you have done, thus the tank ends up dying and you end up looking bad in front of the whole raid. Also, this implies this cannot be fixed unless information can be send instantaneous, the speed of light is not just a good idea, it's the law.
03/02/2013 12:27 AMPosted by Isact
also, the glyph that let you use Prayer of Mending on shadow form still bug :(

How so?

Yeah, and what happened there clearly had zero to do with void shift having a delay on it. That was just a straight up unintended glitch. So using that to support the claim that void shift is somehow broken now doesn't make a lot of sense. The comment I made at the end of my post wasn't directed toward that particular arena match. It was made in response to the bold part in the following quote.

After watching blizzcon champions lose because of it as well as the countless games I have lost of Arena because of the "missile projection time" on it.

Yeah, and what happened there clearly had zero to do with void shift having a delay on it. That was just a straight up unintended glitch. So using that to support the claim that void shift is somehow broken now doesn't make a lot of sense. The comment I made at the end of my post wasn't directed toward that particular arena match. It was made in response to the bold part in the following quote.

After watching blizzcon champions lose because of it as well as the countless games I have lost of Arena because of the "missile projection time" on it.

I really don't know if you're trolling or stupid. 7/10 if you are, I've seen better. If not.. well then... have fun with an IQ of -80.
03/01/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Ginxer
Lifeswap works just fine. The only people who seem to complain are the poor full hp souls in randoms that I swap with when I'm about to die O.o

I've had that happen to me twice, but I got my revenge each time.

As they say, priest friends don't let priest friends void shift other priests.
I've had that happen to me twice, but I got my revenge each time.

As they say, priest friends don't let priest friends void shift other priests.

I generally manage to laugh when somebody grips/shifts me with less-than-honorable intentions when I'm on my brewmaster. "DONT MAKE ME GET ON MY MAIN" doesn't really have the same impact when it's same-faction in an LFD run.
Cast it half a second earlier.

Problem solved.