Choosing a grimoire next patch

Warlock
02/28/2013 09:30 PMPosted by Noctowl
In 5.2 UA glyph reduces its cast time by .2 seconds, and the current glyph effect is baseline.

Very well, carry on.

03/01/2013 02:46 AMPosted by Methalos
Only if you let UA fall off every time, but we refresh it before the last tick so it isn't a DPS boost.

It's just going to be one of those glyphs that there's no reason not to take it considering other options. Might as well cast faster if you can, and players aren't perfect so UA will fall off periodically.

Just wait for the kill when you just barely get a UA cast off before you die that finishes the boss off :<
In response to the OP PTR changes are still happening, therefore it is impossible and pointless to try and determine which Spec/Talent build will output the most DPS at this point.
Just wait for the kill when you just barely get a UA cast off before you die that finishes the boss off :<

Honestly, with Pandemic it is quite hard to let UA fall off. We can refresh it anywhere from <50% duration.

Even if one were to hypothetically let UA fall of every time, it would be the most negligible of DPS gains as to be completely unnoticeable. Which is why I would recommend NOT taking this Glyph for PvE.

I would recommend Soul Stone before it in every situation PvE, or Soul Consumption or Demonic Circle fight dependent.
02/28/2013 09:06 PMPosted by Demonwizard
True true and what about pvp?

For pvp I'd say GoServ if aff/destro, since you can get a second silnce, a seduction on another player, etc.
For demo since the demon benefits from mastery, and you'll prob be using stuff like sacrificial pact, GoSup is pretty neat.

Sac can give a second spell lock as well. Although pretty much every warlock I see in pvp will summon the pet and immediately sac instead of taking advantage of the double spell lock.
03/01/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Noctowl
Eh, my raid's got 2 druids and a dk, all 3 of whom have faster casts than me, and both druids with it glyphed already, so I'm sort of eh on the soulstone glyph unless my comp changes drastically with next patch
That's the same with me. SS glyph is important IF you plan on SSing a lot for fights. If you have just DKs you might still want it because they can't always instantly cast it, but druids are pretty reliable.