Is holy going to be viable next patch (PVP)

Priest
Since it's getting Focus will?
Depends what you do for PvP.
In arenas I don't think you will see many holy priests in higher brackets, survivability wasn't the holy priest issue, they simply have no utility at all, if they would give focused will to holy priest then it would be worth trying arenas as holy... There is simply too much cc's and blankets at the current state of the game. Holy massive healing throughput is good for larger groups, maybe you will do fine in 5's against spell cleaves.

But I think with some skill you can get really good and pull it off.

In RBG they shine real bright though! I really enjoy playing it so far.
It was always viable in RBGs but yes, this change needed to happen to be fair to both specs.
I have pvped as holy in the 1600-1700 I didn't get higher than that just because that was with random pugs that where just for points. In RBGs Holy maybe the best RBG healer when played right. Some of the best teams run a holy priest.

Holy has some advantages that make it great in arena that s13 gear picks up on also. One being Chastise is a 3 second disorient and can be used in a number of ways. Something disc does not have. It can be stacked with fear and/or allow you to get close enough to fear. Holy word serenity is a great pro on holy's side, instant cast heal for 60k or so everyone 10 seconds and increases heal crit chance on the target by 25%. As Holy you want to always have renew up on the persons taking damage and with Serenity it leads to a lot of 31k renew crits. Circle of healing, while this ability is an aoe I use it in 2s as it is fairly low mana cost and instant. The talent for darkness comes light allows instant flash heals from flash healing or smite. I have found procs off smite frequently if you can throw a few out there save your darkness from light procs for when you need them. Light spring is amazing in amazing in pvp, they can CC every healer you got and lightspring will save the day and give someone just enough health till you come out of CC a lot of the time or just save you mana when someone is getting focused.

Finally, God help them if they allow you in a position to cast heals. "Serendipity -When you heal with Binding Heal or Flash Heal, the cast time of your next Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing spell is reduced by 20% and mana cost reduced by 10%. Stacks up to 2 times. Lasts 20 sec." Two flash heals and you will have a 14k mana cost Greater heal With a 1.2-1.4 cast time that heals for 100k non crit, 200k+ crit, use Holy word serenity just before your greater and you now have a pretty good chance it will crit. Use PoM just before to take advantage of 4 piece season 12 set bonus and thats a 300k+ greater heal.

What are pros with Holy?

Circle of healing ---Instant
Prayer of Healing ---Instant and strong as holy
Holy Word Serenity --- Instant with 25% crit chance added to next heal
Renew --- Much stronger as holy and refreshed with heals
Lightspring -- passive after placed 50k Hot cast every 1 second to any target lower than 50%
Guardian spirit -- heals on the target increased 60% ( This wont do you much good if you are CCed so make sure you keep up renew, lightspring and Prayer of mending. These are all heals that will save the day if you are CCed and have to use Gardian spirit in 5.2)

I hope this was helpful, do not cast holy priest out. It's not perfect for pvp but can be powerful if played right and 5.2 gives us the survivability that was the final push.

5.2 pvp will be "Rise of the Holy priest"
Depends what you do for PvP.
In arenas I don't think you will see many holy priests in higher brackets, survivability wasn't the holy priest issue, they simply have no utility at all,

Survival wasn't the problem, utility was? What?

How do you figure disc has more utility than holy? They have the exact same talent build and holy gets a disorient CD(to set-up psychic scream) on the same CD. Anyway, I'm certainly no glad but holy has always been extremely squishy in PvP but with the addition of focused will it wouldn't surprise me if holy was viable in arenas. In RBGs I have no doubt holy will be one of the best and now with the 30% focused will holy won't be forced to just die for 30-second guardian spirit.

**Another thing about holy is glyphed lightspring. Many kills in arena occur because of a CCd healer. If your team gets used to your lightspring positioning they could easily stay up through a healer CC.
I've been playing Holy since MoP came out. Survival has been the problem all season, not necessarily utility. We have lots of things to help our team: grip, guardian spirit, disorient>fear on a healer, fear, roots, hymn, lollifeswap, healing while cc'd with lightspring.

With Focused Will, we will rise from the ashes and bad press!
[quote] In RBGs I have no doubt holy will be one of the best and now with the 30% focused will holy won't be forced to just die for 30-second guardian spirit.

**Another thing about holy is glyphed lightspring. Many kills in arena occur because of a CCd healer. If your team gets used to your lightspring positioning they could easily stay up through a healer CC.

I lawled when I read that after playing RBGs today my team ingored calls for peels in skype. I just kept thinking it's a good things I have 30 second spirit of redemption glyphed to save the day and ended up top 2 in healing despite 5 deaths in a RBG.

Since Holy and Disc have the same talents and holy has a disorient doesn't holy have more utility? I keep hearing holy has no utility and I just don't understand what people mean.