Looks like its the end of wow multiboxing.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 51 Next
Multiboxing would be to hard for me, why I hate everyone who does it.
If its true they took /follow away in bgs I think I love blizzard. Thank you! Get these jerks out of our bgs.
Think im ganna try multiboxing u mad?
We disabled /follow from use in battlegrounds to curb some of the most basic types of bots that use the command. We chose not to communicate it beforehand in attempts to catch as many bots unaware as possible. Removing /follow in battlegrounds is one small change we can make immediately to stop a number of bots, and those that choose to transition to more overt botting methods will have a much higher chance of being caught and banned.

We did consider those who use /follow for other reasons, including multiboxing, before making the change. Multiboxing in battlegrounds has been a long-fought battle within the community, as the effect of multiboxers in those situations is considered unfavorable by many. When we were looking to make a change to disable a command used by bots, which would benefit the game as a whole, we were ok with it also resulting in multiboxing in battlegrounds also going away due to the poor experience it can create for others.

Right now /follow is also disabled in Arenas, but we’re looking to revert that change as bots don’t typically exist in Arenas, and multiboxing in that kind of pre-determined group environment doesn’t tend to be as disruptive.
We disabled /follow from use in battlegrounds to curb some of the most basic types of bots that use the command. We chose not to communicate it beforehand in attempts to catch as many bots unaware as possible. Removing /follow in battlegrounds is one small change we can make immediately to stop a number of bots, and those that choose to transition to more overt botting methods will have a much higher chance of being caught and banned.

We did consider those who use /follow for other reasons, including multiboxing, before making the change. Multiboxing in battlegrounds has been a long-fought battle within the community, as the effect of multiboxers in those situations is considered unfavorable by many. When we were looking to make a change to disable a command used by bots, which would benefit the game as a whole, we were ok with it also resulting in multiboxing in battlegrounds also going away due to the poor experience it can create for others.

Right now /follow is also disabled in Arenas, but we’re looking to revert that change as bots don’t typically exist in Arenas, and multiboxing in that kind of pre-determined group environment doesn’t tend to be as disruptive.

good

2 Things my theory was correct and wow, you guys are moving against bots again! I am a bit shocked and very pleased.
Nice change. Seems well thought out and anything that disrupts bots is a good thing.

Thanks for the explanation, Bashiok.

It sounds like multiboxing was a "side-effect" but not the target? i.e. you were okay with the change occurring and affecting multiboxers in PvP.. but it wasn't the primary intent?
This isn't the end of multiboxing, this is an end to bad multiboxers who are unable to adapt and adjust to the changing environment provided in a mmo.
Good riddance!
2 Things my theory was correct and wow, you guys are moving against bots again! I am a bit shocked and very pleased.

Here's to hoping all the lvl 80-84 farm bots get targeted next before they completely depress the opportunity that the patch is giving us.
And my guess of bots being the target with multiboxers being collateral damage was... spot on.

I don't multibox, but I have respect for the people that do - it takes dedication and coordination. Here's hoping they can continue to do it in arenas.
Out of all the threads a blue could respond on....my troll thread was the choice..
Admittedly, a random player is probably going to be more negatively affected by having a multiboxer on his random BG team than in his random dungeon run, although I hate having to carry someone who's got their alt on follow.

Also, I just have to ask. Why do people want to have 3 accounts or more? I thought multi-boxers usually just had 2, what's the big advantage of having 10? O_O

But if people continue to multibox within BGs using things like Interact With Target, it's still considered okay to do by Blizzard since that's a built-in game function?
I'm puzzled, most of the BG bots I've seen have their own paths programmed in. As other folks have pointed out this does nothing against farming bots (which I consider much more of a problem personally because of the way they impact the economy).

Multiboxers have my sympathy, it took a lot of skill and hard work to do it well.
I'm puzzled, most of the BG bots I've seen have their own paths programmed in. As other folks have pointed out this does nothing against farming bots (which I consider much more of a problem personally because of the way they impact the economy).

Multiboxers have my sympathy, it took a lot of skill and hard work to do it well.

Blizz is starting small, but this also signals they have not thrown in the towel and are just going to let all bots rule the bgs.

At this point just acknowledging that bots are a problem and doing something about jump, follow or buff bots is better than doing nothing about them accept acting like they don't exist.
Officially cancelled (just got off phone, accounts are active for 2 more days). GG Bliz. Can't say I disagree with your decision, but I can say that I'll keep my $75/month.