So you're leaving Mages, are you?

Mage
Suddenly I realize you don't understand in the first place, and were I on the outside looking in at you from a different class as my main, I would slap you across the internet. You're upset that Arcane is no longer atrociously ahead of most other DPS classes/specs.

I can say with certainty now: that's your problem. Not ours.

Atrociously being a pure DPS class with no utlity and no movement with a DPS advantage that amounts to about 10% on median DPS, but only in BiS Heroic gear and only when gimmick fights aren't controlled for. If a class with no utility and bad movement can't claim to be top DPS on stand still fights, then there's no point in having them as a class. That's not an "unreasonable" demand.

The fact is if they felt our DPS was too high, they could have nerfed our DPS. I would have been fine with that, just like I'm totally, 100%, completely fine with the pyroblast changes. They chose to rewrite our mechanics, then nerf our DPS. You call people who have a problem with that "weak leavers", so yes, you're the problem.

Posted by Mahourai
/snip

Thank you, you've proven my point perfectly. Another meaningless troll post with no substance. You are a waste of space. The funny thing is, you probably think you get to me. The fact is I simply dismiss your posts. I respond because its fun for me. When its no longer fun I'll stop engaging you, like I did the other sycophantic trolls. Without people like me, you have no reason to post. You have nothing meaningful to add to the discussion, you're here to troll.
The hole only gets deeper for you like this, chief. By posting in this thread the way you are, you're making my point more literal than I could have hoped.
03/02/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Atamynn
The hole only gets deeper for you like this, chief. By posting in this thread the way you are, you're making my point more literal than I could have hoped.

If you say so. I think this post is a total non-sequitor. Especially with hyperbolic statements like "10% with gimmicks over median is atrocious". That should be reserved for things that hurt class representation... like Shamans being beneath 10% median hybrid DPS... like they are now.
03/02/2013 04:13 PMPosted by Medívh
Thank you, you've proven my point perfectly. Another meaningless troll post with no substance. You are a waste of space. The funny thing is, you probably think you get to me. The fact is I simply dismiss your posts. I respond because its fun for me. When its no longer fun I'll stop engaging you, like I did the other sycophantic trolls. Without people like me, you have no reason to post. You have nothing meaningful to add to the discussion, you're here to troll.

Yeah I've got to agree with Atamynn that it's embarrassing for you to keep doubling down like this. You literally troll threads on this forum by copy and pasting your trolls, doing only the barest minimum work to disguise the fact that you're doing so. Apparently pointing out the fact that you don't read threads or reply to them with substance - a fact you're admitting in this quote! - is the real troll though.
Posted by Mahourai
/snip

Its still talking?
People get reported for everything you're doing, yo. How high is the price of attention in your life? What does it get you?
back on topic: fire mage here, since TBC. never left, and never will leave. my position on the DPS ranking may rise and fall, and i'm happy when i'm at top and sad when it's less than that, but the bottom line is that i find fire magery fun to play. so, here i am. ~~~~~~~~>>O
03/02/2013 05:10 PMPosted by Prelimar
back on topic: fire mage here, since TBC. never left, and never will leave. my position on the DPS ranking may rise and fall, and i'm happy when i'm at top and sad when it's less than that, but the bottom line is that i find fire magery fun to play. so, here i am. ~~~~~~~~>>O

I'm gonna hug you. I'm gonna find you, and I'm gonna hug you. Also you're wearing red. Good fire mage. c:
Yes, I am leaving mage, I haven't played my mage seriously for the last month, or more. I can't stand the 90 talents, I don't like what they do to my class, my gameplay. When I see QoL improvements pulled from the ptr it irks me, when I get told its going to be fixed at some point in the far future I get disappointed.
On-topic now that that's taken care of:

I gave up on Fire after the first CM nerf in kind of a hasty reaction to the step backward in the playstyle. I ditched Arcane in 4.0 because it performed so poorly in entry level gear and didn't replicate the feel of playing Wrath Arcane (which was basically managing Pushing the Limit and nothing else, which the Year of Icecrown made me very, very good at). I never left mage though (except when my raid needed a melee DPS in T11H and I played DK, which carried over into getting railroaded into tanking T12) and I doubt I will.

In both cases where I abandoned the specs my reaction was overblown. Fire and Arcane were, and are still viable, above-average raiding specs and now, crazily, so is Frost. I'm not sold on the Frost doomsaying either because people were insisting Frost scaled unplayably poorly in T14 also, and yet it performs quite capably in heroic content and you won't be dragging your raid down playing Frost. This patch is also supposed to be when the real scaling issues show up and somehow I don't think the spec's playability will implode this time either. We'll end up having not one, not two, but three above-average performance DPS specs that cater to single-target, cleave or AOE fights. Mage is looking just fine for the foreseeable future.
Yeah. I was just refuting some concerns in another thread and I even realized Arcane is technically getting beefed up amid the chaos. The 6 Arcane Charges we have right now run spells up 150% in damage, but in 5.2, the mere 4 charges run spells up 200%. That's some really beefy work with less ramp-up time. When they did the fat 22% nerfs on Blast & Missiles to prepare for this, they could have shared that nerf with Barrage, but check it: it's only 13% for that puppy.

I see exactly what they want us to do: ramp up faster, making dumping charges with Barrage less crippling, and they made Barrage hurt even more, making it more appealing to dump with. Because I already play it the way they want it to flow, I'm about to get a direct buff. <3