Getting low DPS as fire..

Mage
Hey everyone, just trying to figure out how I can improve my DPS. Right now it is usually between 20-25k. I know my gear isn't that great yet but I feel like my damage could be higher. My rotation is basically Living Bomb > Fireball until heating up > Inferno Blast > Repeat. I also use Combustion and Mirror Image when available.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to improve? Any tips for stats I should work on or reforges to consider. Any advice is appreciated beyond "Get better gear" which I am working on =).
are u using combustionhelper to know when you are getting the highest ignite?
You answered your own question, your gear isn't great. Fire is gear dependent, also you're using the worst 90 talent. Switch to invocation and your dps will go up a lot.
Your professions are Tailoring and Enchanting yet you have multiple piece's missing both???

And when I say missing for Tailoring I mean you are not using the ones that will give you the most return...they only cost 3 thread each btw.

Not sure why you are using Glyph of Frost Nova for PvE since you should never really use it. It tends to piss off tanks and you should be able to control your own aggro and not pull off them.
Also a nice tip, once you get a hotstreak proc, wait untill you get another heating up, this way if you launch your fireball and instant pyro right at the same time (when fireball's cast ends) if either of them crit you'll get your hotstreak proc. This can be used to get a bigger combustion aswell (when you don't have alter time up). Fireball->instant pyro->either one crits and you can throw off another instant pyro->combustion. You can also use Presence of Mind and Alter Time to throw out even more instant pyros if you have them up, but that may not be the case all the time.
1. Fix your enchants. Meta socket in your helm is empty and with the right one you get 3% crit, which will help a lot. Use Mr robot for suggestions.
2. Talents. IW is good on couple fights only, aside from that if you are looking to boost your dps, Invocation is the way to go, RoP is your second choice, IW is the last one.
3. You have scorch but didn't mention scorch in your rotation. Try PoM and use it to gain bigger ignite. You are aiming for: Pyro!->PoM->Alter Time->2xPyro!->Alter Time->2xPyro!->Combustion. This is basic, once you master this, you can experiment further.
4. Major glyphs. You are aiming for a glyph of combustion, evocation, and fire blast. Those are universal combo, you will adjust in the future but for now these will yield better results.

All of the above is true if you are really want to stick with fire. Frost/Arcane will yield better results at your gear level.
03/03/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Vortune
3. You have scorch but didn't mention scorch in your rotation. Try PoM and use it to gain bigger ignite. You are aiming for: Pyro!->PoM->Alter Time->2xPyro!->Alter Time->2xPyro!->Combustion. This is basic, once you master this, you can experiment further.

Why would you mention it in a rotation? It's for movement.

03/03/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Vortune
1. Fix your enchants. Meta socket in your helm is empty and with the right one you get 3% crit, which will help a lot. Use Mr robot for suggestions.

You do 3% more damage when you Crit, not 3% Crit. You do get some Crit from the 216 Intellect though.