Healing Macros (Mouse Over, Target, Self)

Paladin
Here's the macro:

#showtooltip Spell Name
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Spell Name

This is what the macro does:

Are you mousing over a friendly target?
Yes - Use ability
No - Use on Target

Are you targeting a friendly target?
Yes - Use spell on target
No - Use spell on self

Think of it this way: The only time it will cast on the target is if you're not mousing over a friendly target. The only time the macro will heal yourself is if you're not mousing over a friendly target, or targeting a friendly target! Simple, right?

Maybe I'm a unique butterfly and have high demands, or maybe someone else will find this useful! Either way, I'll still <3 you. From what I could tell, this wasn't posted anywhere on the forums, icyveins, etc. Even Bing (lol?) failed.

For the lazy folk, here's all the macros I created:

#showtooltip Holy Shock
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Holy Shock

#showtooltip Beacon of Light
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Beacon of Light

#showtooltip Holy Light
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Holy Light

#showtooltip Eternal Flame
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Eternal Flame

#showtooltip Flash of Light
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Flash of Light

#showtooltip Divine Light
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Divine Light

#showtooltip Holy Radiance
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Holy Radiance

#showtooltip Cleanse
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Cleanse

#showtooltip Hand of Sacrifice
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Hand of Sacrifice

#showtooltip Hand of Protection
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Hand of Protection

#showtooltip Lay on Hands
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Lay on Hands

#showtooltip Hand of Freedom
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Hand of Freedom

#showtooltip Hand of Salvation
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Hand of Salvation

Anyways, hope this helps someone!
Very helpful, thank you.
Too easy to use on the wrong target, over-complicating things.
Personally I put the [help] before the mouseover clause. But I mainly play Ret, so the only reason I ever target a friendly is because I want to cast something on them specifically.
Too easy to use on the wrong target, over-complicating things.

I've been using macros like these since Wrath, and haven't found this to be a problem.
Useful for other things other than healing. I use it for Safeguard/Intervene and vigilance.
I take it one step further...

Example of my Holy Light macro.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:ctrl] Denounce; [@mouseover, help][] Holy Light

(I'm at work, not sure if the syntax is correct)

The gist is that sometimes I wanna contribute some damage as well, so by holding down the CTRL key, my heals all turn to dps spells and show their icons (Denounce, Judgement, Crusader Strike, Hammer of Wrath) with Holy Shock and Prism having slightly diff macros (no help clause, just mouseover). This also saves me having to have those spells elsewhere on my screen as I don't use them often in holy.

Another thing with mouseover macros is that they let you melee for mana/health regen on yourself while still maintaining full capability to heal. Good for the blue bar.

Good post Maunder.
I shared some of my beloved macros over in the ui and macro forum. Here's the thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9244705301

Great idea Radiate! So many spells, so few keybinds I can reach. :)
thank you so much for this, it helped a lot (>'.' )>
Awww man if you think that's too complicated then you'd hate my macros... I think they're are 7 conditionals in each? I'm on my phone, but I'll see if I can remember them

#showtooltip Holy Light
/cast [@player,mod:alt][@focus,help,mod:shift][@focustarget,help,mod:shift][@mouseover,help][@mouseovertarget,help][@target,help][@targettarget,help]Holy Light

There also may or may not be "alive" conditionals on some of those. For every single healing or utility spell >.>
Sorry to sneak in here from the Priest forum, but I couldn't find a similar article there. So in response to the original post:
03/03/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Maunder
Here's the macro:

#showtooltip Spell Name
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Spell Name

I really like this macro & I just had a quick question on it.

Is it possible to make this macro work for multiple keymod spells?

Simple example here, hold shift to cast greater heal otherwise it casts heal.
/cast [mod:shift] Greater Heal; Heal

So can these two concepts be combined in any way? I mostly use macros to conserve space, and keep as many spells as possible within keystroke range.
Heres a question for you all. I am currently running ELVui and I am trying to get these mouseover macros to work. So far the only way it works is still by clicking the guys and casting the heal. So am i to presume that you cant use the UI bars to just mouse over the name without mousing over the character to cast my heal spells? Or do I need to get a healing addon that will allow me just to point and click on the character taking damage? Please let me know any help will be great!
I have never had any problems with Elvui and mouseover macros
This is probably the best and simplest macro I've come across for healing.

has drastically improved my performance and made healing so easy. <3

Replacing the help with harm and removing the @player portions also make cc so easy. Especially if you put an @focus as the first argument.
Even a year later, these mouseover macros were just the thing. I have always avoided healing, but finally decided to give it a shot. Thanks so much for posting these.
Why does this not work with my mouse buttons bound to the macro? I cant cast the spell while hovering over their unit frame. I have to move my cursor...
Thanks man. This will help for the healer alt I'm leveling with my husband's tank warrior.
The mouse buttons is a problem with them functioning as actual mouse buttons, as far as I know macros like this will not work with mouse buttons.
This is perfect! Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for with a priest and druid healer. Much Props for the post!
Thank you for this macro! I have been looking for a macro that does just this! Appreciate it ^.^