Moonfarespam: The Moonkin PvE Guide Part 2

Druid
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
How is everyone feeling about breaking the T14-4 set? Should this be done on the first 522 piece received or when we can get our T15 2 set?
That is a good question, however the 1st piece received may a 522 non-tier piece as well, for example the first piece of "tier replacing" gear would be the shoulders off Horridon (sexy looking btw).

Without going through the theory crafting numbers, personally I have always said stats> T14 and I think I will stick by my guns even post 5.1.

I could actually be completely off my rocker as well and maybe you should save your gear til you can hit that 5273 break... but the tier 14 was very lacking for me even with the reduced haste break.

Stats> T14
I tend to agree with this, especially considering in my gear (1 heroic piece, 1 ToT piece) I am sitting with ~5200 haste even after gemming/reforging everything to crit. Pushing 200 haste will be nothing, my gut tells me to replace it as it comes.

I am no mathematician by any means though. :)
I'm thinking that we should wait until we have 2 tier pieces of T15 to break it. Since the Vanq chest never dropped for me last tier, I'm at least lucky in that I can grab the T15 chest piece and equip it immediately instead of having to wait for another piece to drop.

Edit: Also it looks like for offset this tier we should either go with either Hood of Smoldering Flesh or Robes of the Haunted Forest. The thunderforged piece should be better, but if you don't have it then the resto chest piece is better than the normal offset helm.

Gemming in this order. I know a few other druids out there like purple int/crit for blue however thats IMO when you have a lot of spirit, if you want to do that Ill leave that up to you but this is how I gem:
Red: Int/Crit
Blue: Spirit/Crit
Yellow/Prismatic: Full crit

That's pretty much what I've switched too! Put crit in everything I can.

If your not getting high levels of SS procs that either tells me one of 2 things.

A) your not using burst effectively. (So plz post your rotatoin)

B) your not managing your DoTs effectively. (What do you do for DoT management?)

My burst rotation is: Pre-pull ->Get 70 energy ready to lead into Lunar -> Pop potion -> Pull -> NV -> Starfall -> Wrath (Into Lunar) -> Pop Incarnation -> SF then MF -> Starsurge then Starfires -> Starfall -> Pop CA when Lunar ends -> reapply DoTs -> Starsurge if up -> Starfires all the way -> refresh DoTs at the end of NV/CA/Incarnation -> carry on into whatever eclipse state I'm heading for.

I reapply DoTs when they expire, or when I'm about to exit Eclipse if I think I can't make it back into one by the time they do (about 4-5 seconds on them and exiting). Sometimes I make bad calls on that.

I try to keep DoTs up basically all the time, trying not to apply them without NG/Eclipse - I do if I absolutely have to, meaning a long time before I get back in i.e movement - sometimes they drop for about 4 seconds and I decide to just push for Eclipse before reapplying them.

But that's more about my lack of planning ahead then anything. I shouldn't be dropping them at all.

I don't have a World of Logs or anything to post yet, unfortunately! Somebody in our guild logs them, but I don't know how to read it yet. :/

Red: Potent
Blue: Misty
Yellow/Prismatic: Smooth
Meta: Burning Primal Diamond

That's what I did!

You're going to -hate- me saying this though, I observed Zoomkins pushing a prioritizing Intellect gemming -> then crit, though the rest of you are on the crit train. Just something I thought interesting to mention to see if I could glean any thoughts.

Though yes "competitive world-first raiders pushing different strategies specific to comp and boss" and all that. I understand. I'm not interested in saying somebody is better, just hoping to learn more about the class! (Which I love.)

I assume your calcs were through AMR... poopy on a sick if you ask me, although I love those guys over there much love ^_^. I would say gem at your own discretion, but go with something like reforgelite in game to help refine your reforges. I always have gemmed crit and reforged into hit/haste (breaks).

Not even! I don't hugely trust AMR :/ Highly uncomfortable with a site telling me straight up what stats I should go for without any explanatory reason or discussion why. I generally look at what you guys are saying, cross-reference with whatever I can glean from the EJ thread, look at Noxxic (and is always disappointed with them), look at Icy-veins to see if there is anything useful that correlates -> Then I go play with wow.reforge.

Edit: Why dont you have the boots from Sha? Just curious ;-p

I...haven't seen them drop yet! D: I do have them on my Guardian off-spec, which is strange because I'm fairly certain I've never gone after Sha of Anger as Guardian/Feral before.

Thank you so much for all the help! I logged out in Feral PVP, but as soon as I can get in after Maintenance, I'll try to log out so you can take a look at what I have running. I really appreciate all the help, Skyotter :3

Oh another question for anyone! When Time Warp/Bloodlust goes off at the start of my burst rotation, I get out of Lunar WAY before the 15 seconds of CA ends nicely with the end of Incarnation. I've been popping CA straight up after Lunar ends anyway - should I be holding it off until my last 15 seconds of Incarnation? This would mean I generally end up somewhere mid Solar, I think, before CA comes.

Thank you for all the love!
03/12/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Galdhael
I...haven't seen them drop yet! D: I do have them on my Guardian off-spec, which is strange because I'm fairly certain I've never gone after Sha of Anger as Guardian/Feral before.
The boots are from a quest after killing him, probably used it to get those gaurdian boots then.
I remember now! Yes, I did that! No wonder!

Edit: Another question gear-wise. Do you think I should still be pushing to get the 4-set on LFR? It's either Head or Shoulders for me - (Though I'm using a 491 upgraded last season PvP helm, my shoulders on the other hand are 489).

There's also ToT LFR to take into account this week. I love my guild, but we probably won't see Terrace or ToT for quite a while yet :) Think I should just spend my time on ToT LFR instead of pouring every available Greater Charm into Lei for the Shoulders?

Thank you! :)
I'm thinking that we should wait until we have 2 tier pieces of T15 to break it. Since the Vanq chest never dropped for me last tier, I'm at least lucky in that I can grab the T15 chest piece and equip it immediately instead of having to wait for another piece to drop.

Edit: Also it looks like for offset this tier we should either go with either Hood of Smoldering Flesh or Robes of the Haunted Forest. The thunderforged piece should be better, but if you don't have it then the resto chest piece is better than the normal offset helm.

I believe Anima-Ringed Fingers is our off-set piece.
So, I've started leveling a Boomkin now, and noticed a change to Soul of the Forest in 5.2, is it still behind Incarnation(though not by as much), ahead of, or equal too with some fights favoring one and some favoring the other?

Also does what 60 talent you choose affect what 90 talent you choose greatly or is there some room to mix and match between them?
I thought about going Soul of the Forest to keep me going between Eclipses faster on Elegon Normal.

In the end our pally tank came to help me kill the sparks instead before I got time to get used to it, and I got to keep my burst. *duck*

I believe Anima-Ringed Fingers is our off-set piece.
Well the set piece gloves have crit on them already. I would assume we would want to replace either head or chest because a)they are terribly itemized and have well-itemized replacements and b)they have higher stat budgets.
Slippykins has already proven that the gloves are the off piece with the highest dps gain (if theyre thunderforged) in his t15 Normal BiS list on MMO champ.
Slippykins has already proven that the gloves are the off piece with the highest dps gain (if theyre thunderforged) in his t15 Normal BiS list on MMO champ.
That doesn't make any sense, but it's true.
how does it not make sense lol?
how does it not make sense lol?

Replacing a tier piece with crit with a off-piece with crit, when you have tier pieces with no crit and availible crit off-pieces to replace them when crit is your best stat.

It may be true it is the best move but it isn't intuitive.
Easy, the tier gloves are decently itemized already while the chest and helm are poorly itemized. So it would make sense that swapping out one of the poorly itemized pieces for a thunderforged piece would be better than swapping out a decently itemized piece, especially considering the stat budget is much larger on poorly itemized pieces.
Does anybody have an updated BiS list for 5.2?

I would greatly appreciate it
Understandable Im doing that too!!! It takes too damn long haha

Cy you should post the raw footage I think that would be interesting to see!!!

Finished the bone farming a couple nights ago.

I won't post the raw video since I do not edit the videos unless I want to point something out ~ just the audio otherwise.
"Hey Cyous, where's your Twin Consorts video?"
"Haven't made it yet, lemme see if I have it though"
"Do you have it?"
"No, I deleted it when I was clearing out the 400gb of useless footage on my computer"
"Wait, you dont have it?!"
"No, shut up."

<_<

I am disappoint at myself.
03/11/2013 07:09 AMPosted by Skyotter
I know a few other druids out there like purple int/crit for blue however thats IMO when you have a lot of spirit,

Was this a typo?

INT/CRIT = Potent = Orange =/= a blue slot

Are you saying that they are ignoring the socket bonus and gemming blue slots with Orange? Did you mean another Purple Gem?

I just wanted clarification.