Weapon selection post 5.2 for WW monk

Monk
So I am curious about something and hopefully can get an answer here.

I know DW is better than 2h. However, the first weapon I was able to get was the 2h Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector from LFR and I managed to upgrade it twice prior to the patch.

The week of the patch I was finally able to get the 1h Claws of Shek'zeer from LFR but was unable to upgrade it prior to the patch. I also have the Gara'kal, Fist of the Spiritbinder also not-upgraded.

My question is, do i stick with the 2h for now until I can get one of the better 1h from the new LFR (when they are released) or go ahead and make the switch now?
I think if you have upgraded the staff 2/2 and are using the legendary gem, it will be a better option for you. UNLESS you have the spare 10k to pop another legendary into the Claw of Shek. In which case I think you will find that those two fist weapons will give you a performance increase over the LFR staff.
My advice is to just take it to the combat dummies and do some testing.

I also got the 2H LFR staff, and have had to determine which is better between that and some 476 1h stuff I had.
So I am curious about something and hopefully can get an answer here.

I know DW is better than 2h. However, the first weapon I was able to get was the 2h Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector from LFR and I managed to upgrade it twice prior to the patch.

The week of the patch I was finally able to get the 1h Claws of Shek'zeer from LFR but was unable to upgrade it prior to the patch. I also have the Gara'kal, Fist of the Spiritbinder also not-upgraded.

My question is, do i stick with the 2h for now until I can get one of the better 1h from the new LFR (when they are released) or go ahead and make the switch now?

Your Gao-Rei will be better. DW beats 2h by a small margin when the itemlevels are the same. You wont be able to upgrade your claw to Gao-Rei's item level and your garakal will weigh you down heavily being that it's 476.
Thanks for the replies! So frustrated that I didn't hold onto a small amount of valor right before the patch to upgrade that 1h. To be honest, I got my days mixed up and thought I had another week LOL