Secrets of the empire. LFR or Normal/Heroic?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
You are saying Secrets *cannot* be obtained in LFR?

He is saying Secrets can be obtained on *EITHER* LFR or normal but not on both.

Example: If you kill Jin'Rokh on LFR first he has a chance to drop secrets but if you kill him on normal later in the week the normal kill will not have a chance to drop secrets. Vice versa is also true.

Yes, you can. I've personally recieved two last week when the first wing went life, (But a whole lotta nada this week).

What Daxx is saying is that you have one shot, per boss, per week, for a Secret of the Empire. That means if you kill Jin'Rokh on Normal, and get no Secret, that's it, you're done. You won't be able to go do LFR for a second shot at another Secret like you could in Tier 14.

It's the same way Rep works, boss dies on any difficulty, and you either get a Secret or you don't, and that's it for the week for that boss.
Everyone has a personal chance to receive a Secrets of the Empire drop on Normal/Heroic; the quest loot functions the same way that the Raid Finder version of the Legendary quest did prior to 5.2.

We wanted to have a single shared chance per boss per week because we'd prefer to avoid making raiders who are killing bosses on non-Raid Finder runs to feel obligated to do Raid Finder specifically for Legendary quest drops. If those players want to do it for Valor or off-spec gear, that’s great, but doing Raid Finder shouldn’t be necessary for optimal Legendary acquisition.

But if, as reported up there in #13, people ARE getting multiple within a week from the boss on different versions (Heroic and LFR), how are you accomplishing this?
But if, as reported up there in #13, people ARE getting multiple within a week from the boss on different versions (Heroic and LFR), how are you accomplishing this?

I'm having my raiders tell me this as well, also confirming that we did in fact all get one from the same boss, i.e. it's not a personal chance unless it was hotfixed.

Already though, seeing that some people have 1 and others are up to as many as 6-7 is really disconcerting. Way too much RNG in these things, even if the next step is a ways off.
03/20/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Ninjablaze

He is saying Secrets can be obtained on *EITHER* LFR or normal but not on both.

Example: If you kill Jin'Rokh on LFR first he has a chance to drop secrets but if you kill him on normal later in the week the normal kill will not have a chance to drop secrets. Vice versa is also true.

Thank you. That's what others are saying. He probably should alter his post, however. Right now is states:

Everyone has a personal chance to receive a Secrets of the Empire drop on Normal/Heroic

It probably should say this:

Everyone has a personal chance to receive a Secrets of the Empire drop on LFR/Normal/Heroic
Again, that's also incorrect though, unless there was a hotfix.

It's a personal chance on LFR and a group chance on Normal/Heroic last I saw.
03/20/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Nahela
group chance

My one Secret compared to fellow raiders 7+ begs to differ.

It wasn't a group chance last night in normal for us. Our tank went 4 for 4 on the first 4 bosses, while others in our raid only got 0-2 for those 4 bosses.
I killed six bosses in LFR this week and not a single secret. This is very discouraging, especially after spending nearly an entire evening of wiping to get through all six. Not fun. I want to do the Prince quest line but at this rate it'll take me the rest of this xp. If this is Blizzard's way of keeping us busy it's not a good one.

It wasn't a group chance last night in normal for us. Our tank went 4 for 4 on the first 4 bosses, while others in our raid only got 0-2 for those 4 bosses.

That was hotfixed then, because it definitely was group the first week. I find it hard to believe the stars aligned to give every raider 1 secret off 1 boss and not another the entire week.
I got one last night (20/Mar/2013) from LFR Ji-kun.

None so far from normal mode at all; I did get two from LFR in the first week.
We wanted to have a single shared chance per boss per week because we'd prefer to avoid making raiders who are killing bosses on non-Raid Finder runs to feel obligated to do Raid Finder specifically for Legendary quest drops. If those players want to do it for Valor or off-spec gear, that’s great, but doing Raid Finder shouldn’t be necessary for optimal Legendary acquisition.

Thank you for answering this.

Could you confirm if the drop rate is the same on both?

If it isn't he same please let us know so normal/heroic raiders do not run LFR first.

If it is the same, why? Why should LFR be rewarded legendary items at the same rate organized raiders get it? LFR players should never be awarded a legendary before Normal raiders and Normal raiders should never be awarded one before Heroic Raiders. So if the drop rate is the same, please hotfix it and announce to the community what you are doing.

It never functioned this way for T15. We killed bosses on the first day and the entire raid was not awarded Secrets.
So we are getting bad info from CMs and awful drop rates decided by developers. Yup, seems like they got it covered.
It seems like these are awarded randomly per person (LFR style) from normal mode raids.

Is this intended? The previous tier had legendary items dropping randomly per person from LFR and to the raid as a whole in normal.

Edit: Has anyone gotten a secret from LFR and Normal/Heroic? It seems as if just like the rep you can only get a shot at a secret once per boss.

Everyone has a personal chance to receive a Secrets of the Empire drop on Normal/Heroic; the quest loot functions the same way that the Raid Finder version of the Legendary quest did prior to 5.2.

Seems to me doling it out LFR style also makes it less likely to miss looting the drop from the boss, which we had almost happen a few times with the Sigils.
Seems to me doling it out LFR style also makes it less likely to miss looting the drop from the boss, which we had almost happen a few times with the Sigils.

They are automatically looted to you if you are one of the "chosen ones" to actually get one. The disparity in the drop rates is beyond stupid. I know some that have 9,10,11 and others that have 0,1,2 from the same amount of boss kills. Just another huge screw up in development. If it is actually intended this way, things are much worse over at headquarters than I could have imagined.
That was hotfixed then, because it definitely was group the first week. I find it hard to believe the stars aligned to give every raider 1 secret off 1 boss and not another the entire week.
Wasn't for us. I think I got 1 secret (possibly two) for the first clear where others got more. Think someone ended up with 3 at the end of the first run.
It seems like these are awarded randomly per person (LFR style) from normal mode raids.

Is this intended? The previous tier had legendary items dropping randomly per person from LFR and to the raid as a whole in normal.

Edit: Has anyone gotten a secret from LFR and Normal/Heroic? It seems as if just like the rep you can only get a shot at a secret once per boss.

Tank in my guild got 3 from LFR. Is this intended?
Could you confirm if the drop rate is the same on both?

If it isn't he same please let us know so normal/heroic raiders do not run LFR first.

This would be nice to know.

Could be a bug, or simply a mistaken impression. We'll look into it.