Secrets of the empire. LFR or Normal/Heroic?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 4 5 6
This is why Blizz should just stop doing legendaries.
It seems like these are awarded randomly per person (LFR style) from normal mode raids.

Is this intended? The previous tier had legendary items dropping randomly per person from LFR and to the raid as a whole in normal.

Edit: Has anyone gotten a secret from LFR and Normal/Heroic? It seems as if just like the rep you can only get a shot at a secret once per boss.

Everyone has a personal chance to receive a Secrets of the Empire drop on Normal/Heroic; the quest loot functions the same way that the Raid Finder version of the Legendary quest did prior to 5.2.

We wanted to have a single shared chance per boss per week because we'd prefer to avoid making raiders who are killing bosses on non-Raid Finder runs to feel obligated to do Raid Finder specifically for Legendary quest drops. If those players want to do it for Valor or off-spec gear, that’s great, but doing Raid Finder shouldn’t be necessary for optimal Legendary acquisition.

That is far from helping raiders, in fact, it seems this is done thinking in LFR ppl..
This way they collect them at the same rate as us.

If we chose to put up with LFR, we should have an extra chance to get them.
Just like if LFRcasuals chose to try Normlas, then they too should have an extra chance to get them.

This was a HORRIBLE move imo
I want to know why they made it 1 chance per boss regardless of difficulty: why not just make it like sigils?

cause people would be "forced" to run LFR? like people are "forced" to run heroics/do dailies for valor? I dont see the big deal. if anything, people need incentive to do LFR after they have no more upgrades at that ilvl.
Are the Secrets of the empire and Titan runestones able to drop from using your Mogu Runes of Fate? If not, it'd be nice if they (along with sigils of wisdom/power with Elder Charms) would give a slight chance to drop an extra one for those people with bad RNG :(
88728495665:
i like how the LFR heroes full clearing it every week are rolling around with the legendary meta by this point while those who refuse to do LFR with any regularity, instead wiping on normals and not 12/12 yet are still gathering secrets

in what stupid blizzard developer's head did it make sense to equalize legendary progression rate across all 3 difficulties when the difficulty between LFR and normal is more absurd than ever

if u dont like it, then do LFR.

on my main, i just got to do the battlegrounds.. it took 85 tries at temple of kotmagu to finally get a victory to get this quest... ive killed 3 bosses in TOT since then and havent got any... all i do is LFR... im so far behind because the battle group im in with PVP battlegrounds

If i only get 1 per week then its going to be the next expansion by the time im finished this quest now....
91643516694:
it took 85 tries at temple of kotmagu
I sense a gross over exaggeration...
We wanted to have a single shared chance per boss per week because we'd prefer to avoid making raiders who are killing bosses on non-Raid Finder runs to feel obligated to do Raid Finder specifically for Legendary quest drops. If those players want to do it for Valor or off-spec gear, that’s great, but doing Raid Finder shouldn’t be necessary for optimal Legendary acquisition.

Blizzard messed up. When there's one chance per boss, of course Raid Finder is going to be necessary. It can take weeks or even months to kill one normal raid boss. Raid Finder lets you kill all 12 bosses per week. And that is not optimal how???
Is this still an issue for a lot of people just now getting to this part of the quest chain?

Is the drop rate still 1 Boss per week.. I did every boss in ToT on LFR and got 4 1 per wing..

Ive got a flex raid tonight and if I cant get them in both places I wont do lfr since I have no upgrades in there.
i was wondering this as well. Is it still 1 chance per week regardless if it is normal,Flex or LFR?
Haven't seen anything indicating they've modified this. So it's still one shot per boss on any difficulty for any item. Though it does seem that if you progress to the next phase of the quest in a single lockout you can go back to those same bosses for the next item. Can't confirm myself but people in LFR runs said they finished secrets, moved on, came back and got stones off of a boss they'd already looted.
i have got 10 so far for the week since picking up the quest...all from lfr...havent tried flex or normal to see if i can get them to drop again...but i will post later on if it works out