Long 5.2 LFR Queues - How to approach it?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I predicted back in the PTR we'd see long LFR queues in 5.2 due to a player pool that's thinned out among many different wings. Only 1 ToT wing is out right now, and the queues an hour, and the 5.0 LFRs are all 20-40+ minutes. Pre-patch, TOES was the only one over 30 minutes. I feel that it'll be even worse when there's 3 more wings out.

As a workaround, I'm using other player's alts queueing as healer, and they just leave for deserter, but it's not helping the LFR group itself nor other's queue times. The chokepoint seems to be healers.

How would you approach the situation? Call to Arms satchels? 5 healers? The ability to queue for multiple wings? Let's think up some ideas here =p
Do lfr on Tuesdays, when we healers take full advantage of our instant queue and get the pain over with quickly.
I definitely recommend LFR on Tuesdays, as players are queueing with their mains. The weekends and Mondays are risky, with people using their 3rd or 4th alt.
Two problems: One, which is supposedly being fixed soon: When the healers get all their gear, they queue dps.

Second: At least in T14, it was REALLY boring to heal LFR as there was no damage. Stone guards, there's one big spike every minute. Sha, there's no damage on the main platform. Protectors, no damage except for lightning storm. Etc.

T15 has been more interesting to heal and some healers need gear again, so it should help. Give it another week and see what happens.
Tbh its not that bad.

Queue for Msv second half as dps 17 minutes, queue for terrace as dps, 25 minutes.

The queue for ToT seems to vary over time. 3pm server yesterday 1 hour 20( I have gave up as I only had a bit over 2hours), 2am server yesterday 35 minutes. 3pm server today 52 minutes.

The chokepoint seems to be healers.

Had a 15 minute wait for a tank with 6 healers.
T15 has been more interesting to heal and some healers need gear again, so it should help. Give it another week and see what happens.

Maybe it's because I heal it Tuesdays with other people's mains, but I found t15(troll wing, at least) to be even more boring to heal.
They intend to make LFR truly optional for (most) normal/heroic raiders, so to fill gaps the reward has to be something else than gear.

It'd have to be one hell of a satchel to make me heal it; if I got 70g and a health potion after 1h healing through derp, it'd be my last time. But a satchel would be unlikely anyway, people already queue as healers and dps/afk just for the shorter queue, with a reward on top of it we'd have runs with no actual healers.

Letting people choose which spec they'll get gear for will help, but queues will still be long. I don't see an easy solution.
I am doing lfr simply to increase the amount of the legendary item drops I can get. Thats all the reason I need.
Now if they could change it so you could que for multiple LFR at a time like they have for nonrandom LFG that would help. Is this possible????? More people in the que shorter wait times.
I am doing lfr simply to increase the amount of the legendary item drops I can get. Thats all the reason I need.

I thought it was "shared", like Shado-Pan Assault rep. As in, you have one shot per week per boss regardless of difficulty.
Noticed players in trade are starting to buy LFR Healers Qs for 150g, lol. I remember they had to put some sort of fix in for LFD when your friends drop, but it never applied to LFR I guess, which makes sense if you're queuing with a bunch of people.
03/16/2013 04:11 PMPosted by Litchi

I thought it was "shared", like Shado-Pan Assault rep. As in, you have one shot per week per boss regardless of difficulty.

I am currently not doing full clears of the raid, so unless we get 3 new bosses down every week I can get more items through doing lfr.
I definitely recommend LFR on Tuesdays, as players are queueing with their mains. The weekends and Mondays are risky, with people using their 3rd or 4th alt.

Took an alt into a run today, and it was much better than an abortive run with the same alt on thursday (which wiped on Council until I needed to hit the sack.)

If the queue is long, just do scenarios/5 mans while you wait.
Did a LFR run today. Couldn't go past the first boss because an elitest was kicking everyone with 50k dps or lower.

Makes me want to never play WoW again because of an 80 minute queue with only 10 minutes of playtime in it by getting kicked.
Did a LFR run today. Couldn't go past the first boss because an elitest was kicking everyone with 50k dps or lower.

Makes me want to never play WoW again because of an 80 minute queue with only 10 minutes of playtime in it by getting kicked.

The correct response to this is to kick that person then lol.
As other people have already said, your best bet is to queue on Tuesday.

If you can't make it online on Tuesday, then you're going to have to deal with a long queue every week, it's just inevitable.
Tuesday didn't allow me to finish LFR because the servers went down just after my group killed Horridon.

So I waited for a day that I would have time, which is Saturday. Then I ran all my Isle dailies and acted like a PvP jackass while I waited for my 50 minute queue.

Easy peasy.
Once they allow offspec rolling, I'll be healing LFRs instead of dpsing half of them, that will help quite a bit.

Noticed players in trade are starting to buy LFR Healers Qs for 150g, lol. I remember they had to put some sort of fix in for LFD when your friends drop, but it never applied to LFR I guess, which makes sense if you're queuing with a bunch of people.

Just make this stuff a bannable offense and start monitoring it (You can write the trigger to flag it for a GM to check), and watch as a bunch of 24/48 hour bans deter people from Parking in the Handicap spots (The most appropriate real life equivalent I can think of)

Without the healer queue abuse, the overall population would get much better queue times as probably 20%+ of the queue time are line jumpers with a healer holding their hand and leaving.
You were not the only one predicting this - the issue has been obvious for months.

Potential solutions (any or all of the below):

1) roll for offspec (how this was NOT a priority for 5.2 is beyond my comprehension...)

2) call to arms for LFR - loot bag contains extra valor and a chance to obtain ANY item from that tier's LFR for the user's current spec...in other words, if someone wants offspec gear swap specs before opening the bag

3) make LFR more punishing for DPS (DPS checks) and less punishing for healers (less healing needed for the morons standing in @#$@ and raid AoE damage)

Even (EDIT) SOME OF THE healers who are queuing are PART of the problem...why?
"the DPS in this group are morons and take too much avoidable damage"
"the DPS is so low this group sucks"
"these tanks have no idea what they are doing"

*LEAVES*

"Oh no, a 30 min deserter buff - time to go make a sandwich and then get an INSTANT que when I'm done eating"... healers are like tanks for dungeon groups, no repercussions for leaving because of an instant queue after the debuff wears off.

Solutions (any or all of the below):

A) Deserter debuff timer for LFR is increased to two hours (edit: perhaps after multiple deserter debuffs in the same say)

B) Deserter debuff persists only while THAT character is logged in

C) Deserter debuff is account wide

D) If someone leaves more than one LFR or dungeon group during the current reset, they get a stacking debuff on their ENTIRE account - once it reaches 3, your deserter debuff increases by 30 min for each additional time you desert a group (stack resets with weekly reset) (Edit: yep, this is a little too harsh - more to get people's attention that leaving groups over and over hurts everyone, not just the current group that you left.)