The Witch Doctor - Hero Class!?! - Discussion

General Discussion
I think it would be really cool to have a *true* creature class that rotates pets
throughout a fight, unlike hunters/warlocks/frost mage. The idea would be to
throw vials filled with different things like pheromones to attract poisonous
frogs, etc. I will describe these ideas below~

The witch doctor would be a true creature summoning class that rotates pets
throughout a fight and has abilities that offer to take the suffering away from
the other. It uses a dagger main hand and a class-only (similar to hunter-only
range weapons) Voodoo figure off-hand and the vast majority of its damage comes from its creatures and empowering them. The Witch Doctor would also wear leather armor (because there are enough cloth wearers already). I think it's super cool!

These ideas below are mainly from the diablo website with a few changes to fit
more with wow. Also, feel free to add to these or give any new ideas to go with
these - we might be able to build the next hero class <:~D->-<

I don't know about you, but I love playing classes with lots of team support utility - that's way more fulfilling to me!

(Vials are used to summon your creatures to fight for a short period)

Damaging Abilities

(Poison) Vial of Toxins: You toss a vial filled with poisons at the target
location, inflicting enemies within 8 yards of impact with a harmless pheromone.
After 4 seconds, the pheromone starts attracting poisonous frogs which attack the
targets infected, adding a poisonous DoT to the target. 30 yard range. Lasts 10
seconds. 30 second CD.

(Disease) Vial of Contagion: You toss a vial filled with plague at the target
location, infecting enemies within 8 yards of impact with a minor disease. After
4 seconds, the decaying flesh attracts zombies to attack the targets infected. 30
yard range. Lasts 10 seconds. 30 second CD.

(Magic) Vial of Eternal Flame: You toss a vial filled with eternal flame at the
target location, setting enemies within 8 yards on fire and attracting Firebats
to attack them. 30 yard range. Lasts 10 seconds. 30 second CD.

(Bleed) Puncturing Wound: you stab the target with your dagger, causing them to
start bleeding, reducing movement speed by 15% per stack (up to 3 stacks max).
After 3 stacks, zombie dogs are attracted to the target and begin to attack.
Lasts 10 seconds. 5 yard range. No cooldown.

Voodoo Figure: Throw the Voodoo Figure at the target location, increasing
the damage of your creatures that stay within 30 yards of the figure by 25%. 30
yard range. No cooldown.

Voodoo Soulsplit: You split your soul into three shards, imparting them
into 3 Voodoo figures which attack your enemy and heal you for the damage they
deal. Costs 25% health. 45 second CD.

(AoE ability) Wailing Souls: The Witch Doctor waves his Voodoo figure in a
circular pattern above his/her head, attracting wandering/lost wailing souls
around him/her for the duration. After a lost soul deals damage, a nearby
summoned creature will absorb the soul, allowing it to attack 1 extra target for
the duration of the channel. 8 yard "aura" AoE around the Witch Doctor. Channeled
- 8 seconds. Roots targets caught by the lost souls for 3 seconds.

Utility Abilities

Bonelink: A bone chain made from the corpses of disturbed spirits erupts from the target location, grabbing you and jerking you to its location. 30 yard range. 20 second CD.

Meatshield: Your current creatures jump o your body, shielding you from the next [x] attacks, where [x] is the number of creatures that jumped on you. Max of 3 creatures. 2 minute CD.

Mojo Madness: You ask the spirits for assistance, increasing damage and healing of nearby friendly beings and creatures by 10% for 10 seconds. 1 minute CD. Channeled - 5 seconds.

Ceremonial Pact: You offer your soul to your ally, transferring all ailments (magics, curses, diseases, bleeds, and poisons) from him/her to you. Stuns you for 3 seconds. 1 minute CD.

Purifying Locusts: You summon a swarm of flying locusts in an 8 yard radius around you, consuming diseases and poisons from any friendly target within the area of effect and healing you and any friendly targets within 8 yards equal to the damage already dealt by the poisons and diseases removed. The total healing is split between all friendly targets within range. 15 second CD.

Soul Ejection: You temporarily dismiss the friendly or hostile target's soul to the ethereal plane, preventing any damage to or actions of that target for 5 seconds. 25 second CD. 25 yard range.

Passives

Soul Consumption: Your creatures heal themselves for 40% of the damage they deal.

The Forgotten: Melee strikes that hit the Witch Doctor attracting a forgotten soul, aiding the Witch Doctor and slowing the attacker's movement speed by 50% for 5 seconds. Does not deal damage.

Thanks for reading! Please add your ideas too~
I'm sorry, but I wish Blizzard had never implemented any "hero" class, & I don't want to see another one.
Well I'm glad you read the whole post in 17 seconds ;'(
Troll shaman?

I'm sorry, but this is going nowhere.
wait is this WORLD OF DIABLOCRAFT!?!?!

where is my necromancer :(
LAGOMANCERXOXOX
Witch doctors sucked in diablo and they would suck here. I'd rather have a dragoon or something that rides a shark with a laser beam on its head while playing guitar.
no thanks, i'd hate to see yet another class that can invoke/control pets. Actually, the less pet the better imo.
How about the other non-pet abilities? Do they look cool?
Well maybe not only witch doctor, what if they add another class like a lancer class, they would use spears and polearms they would jump for gap closers and would be a pure dps class, a meele spect what can use plate str, a distance one who wield mail agi, and a magic user whit plate int maybe.
It uses a dagger main hand and a class-only (similar to hunter-only
range weapons)

Ranged weps aren't hunter exclusive. Warriors and Rogues can equip them as well, but Hunters are the only ones that can actually use them.
And now that I read the entire post, I actually think this is a really good idea. The spells are fantastic. They sound excellent in PvE and PvP :D

I would LOVE to see this added in game.

Lore would only support Troll and Orc to be a witch doctor though.
No. I want to be a dinomanser.

No discussion.
I'm sorry, but I wish Blizzard had never implemented any "hero" class, & I don't want to see another one.

with the way dk's turned out, i wholeheartedly agree. which is unfortunate, because hero classes could've been a great idea.
And now that I read the entire post, I actually think this is a really good idea. The spells are fantastic. They sound excellent in PvE and PvP :D

I would LOVE to see this added in game.

Lore would only support Troll and Orc to be a witch doctor though.

:D! Thanks!