Need computer advice

Games, Gaming and Hardware
I'm retiring my 10 year old machine, and need advice about a new one, so I have a few questions:

1) I figure I may as well make the move to Win 8. Does WoW work well in Win 8? Not interested in people's opinions about Win 8 overall, just how well it functions as a gaming platform.
2) Is there a noticeable difference in using solid state drives over platters? Enough to justify the extra cost?
3) Does 64 bit improve the performance of WoW?
4) What is the minimum RAM I should go for?
5) Any other advice?

Thanks in advance!
1) Windows 8 should work fine

2) yes there is a noticeable difference between a solid state drive and hard drive, load time is significantly faster, 120-256 should be more than enough for games and windows. Get a hard drive and solid state drive if you like to store things. *store it on the hard drive of course*

3) Yes but I myself cannot explain it perhaps someone else can.

4) 8gb for the time being. Ram price gone up a bit. So I do not see any other reason to justify getting 16 unless you are an editor or some kind.

5) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923532867 consult this guide for some builds example if you don't know what to get.
^^++

2) If you have the money, a ~256gb SSD for windows + programs and then a 1tb HD for storage is great. You can actually snag a 2tb for ~$80. Just depends on how much local storage you need.

3) I noticed quite a difference. It seemed to really improve my minimum frame rate. Note that to run the 64-bit client of WoW, you have to actually go into the WoW program folder, find the WoW-64 launcher, and start from there (create a shortcut), otherwise it will launch the x86 version by default.
Selv, they changed the launcher issue; default WoW launcher will launch correct version of WoW depending on the OS you have.
Ah ok, cool.