Zul's zandalari =/= THE Zandalari

Story Forum
I feel like this needs to be said, because all I hear on these forums is "the zandalari are evil now" and "rastakhan is dead/dethroned" and some of the assumptions are just plain wrong.

Think about it... these zandalari have been listening to Zul. A crazy dark prophet. It's like judging ALL OF AMERICA based off of the Peoples' Temple cult.

Also, we haven't heard anything that rastakhan and the true zandalari are dead. in fact, one of them, jinrokh, is CONFIRMED ALIVE (we know, we kill him =D). But even the last source we hear about rastakhan is that he's alive, sitting on his crooked throne. Likewise, we have trolls such as Ghaliri who have the title "Emissary of Rastakhan" and aren't exactly performing dark sacrifices.

Doesn't that also seem a bit strange? Here the Zandalari are, recording history, talking about respecting loa and souls and how "if you sacrifice your people or disregard the loa you're bad" and now all of a sudden start sacrificing their people (the weak souls make the idols work, you steal them as a daily) and disregarding the loa (one of the journals mentions being feared by the loa as it's better than beign hated, which is a sign that the loa don't approve of any of this).

I mean, all we know is that some minority of zandalari ruled by some guy the zandalari leaders despise are drinking the kool aid and aiding the mogu. I don't understand why so many people say "oh the zandalari are evil now". If anything, it's probably just a brainwashed minority who are renewing old ties that rastakhan would never renew. Not every nation has a perfect history... and the zandalari have 13k years behind them. Plenty of time to think something wrong such as allying with the mogu and to want to forget those days (apart from a crazy cult).
If you read the books on Thunder Isle, Zul has official support from Rastakhan. He had already left Zandalar before the cataclysm hit, meaning he hadn't gained that support in full yet, but he is supported by Rastakhan in Mists of Pandaria because his prediction of the cataclysm was 100% correct. He also predicted the demise of the trolls unless they work together, which is why the Zandalari army has come to support his efforts.
If you read the books on Thunder Isle, Zul has official support from Rastakhan. He had already left Zandalar before the cataclysm hit, meaning he hadn't gained that support in full yet, but he is supported by Rastakhan in Mists of Pandaria because his prediction of the cataclysm was 100% correct. He also predicted the demise of the trolls unless they work together, which is why the Zandalari army has come to support his efforts.

I don't believe it is said that they have Rastakhan's support anywhere. The only mention of him so far is that he did not support Zul and he brushed him off by giving Zul and his supporters ships to go be paranoid elsewhere. Zul is implied to have quite a large following.

It could still go either way until officially stated.
Hopefully the Vol'jin book will go into this a bit.
I've found exactly one of these journals so far, but the author states that Rastakhan ordered him to accompany Zul.
I think they are together.

Rastakhan will try to get zandalar fixed up.

Zul is getting allies and more land if they cant fix zandalar up.
I've found exactly one of these journals so far, but the author states that Rastakhan ordered him to accompany Zul.

I don't think that means much... Rstakhan could've been trying to see what Zul was doing but underestimated Zul's brainwashing. Or even just been tryign to appease Zul to get him out of Rastakhan's hair.

It could still go either way until officially stated

I think this is true. At any time they can introduce an evil Rastakhan.
I think it's pretty clear the Rastakhan is at least tacitly backing Zul at this point. He might not like it all that much, but as it stands he doesn't have much of a choice. He ignored Zul's warnings for too long and got seriously burned for it.

I really don't think it's likely Rastakhan will ever be in a position to oppose Zul directly, if he even wants to. Zul proved Rastakhan wrong in such an epic fashion that it's likely that even if Rastakhan wanted to oust Zul, he wouldn't have enough popular support to do so.
I really hope this is a setup to absorb the majority of troll civilization into the horde. The zandalari are mirroring the situation that the darkspear faced in Warcraft III; what was supposedly the weakest tribe of the jungle trolls but now are the most well off out of their civilization. Even under garrosh and his recent actions things are much more stable for the darkspear than it has been for the rest of troll kind for a while.

Plus all this focus on Vol'jin it all has to tie in together.
The rare spawn Al'atimb on the isle is also the Cloth user ZG Tier vendor from Yojamba for further proof.
The rare spawn Al'atimb on the isle is also the Cloth user ZG Tier vendor from Yojamba for further proof.

Molthor as well.
There are also 4 reported Zandalari trolls who were aiding adventurers during Cataclysm. I did some pretty huge theory-crafting on just what could happen for the Zandalari in the future including King Rastakhan.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/conspiracy-craft-zandalari/
03/20/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Pyronaptor

Molthor as well.

On the other hand, Maywiki is still friendly, so all you druids and shaman still have an ol' pal in Stranglethorn.

There are also 4 reported Zandalari trolls who were aiding adventurers during Cataclysm. I did some pretty huge theory-crafting on just what could happen for the Zandalari in the future including King Rastakhan.

Neat read.
03/19/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Mebahiah
If you read the books on Thunder Isle, Zul has official support from Rastakhan.
No he had "support" as in "here, go away stop rabble rousing and get out of my face". Rastakhan didn't care one way or another what Zul did as long as he buggered off.

I really hope this is a setup to absorb the majority of troll civilization into the horde.
Cept the Darkspear are confirmed to be in full rebellion in 5.3
It wouldn't do the Zandalari any good to side with one faction anyways.