Ret Profs

Paladin
Hey there, I'm a relatively new Paladin and am trying to figure out which professions I should go with that would best suit my DPS, and am looking for suggestions from seasoned Rets. I've heard that LW and Tailoring are best (in this sticky I believe) and then I've heard that Engineering is the best and Tailoring is the worst. Thoughts?

Thanks!
BS/JC
BS/JC has always been and will always be a great combo for any class/spec but having done it for 1 expansion, I have to say that not having a gathering profession income(unless you have alts) does hurt your wallet.
JC ain't all that this time 'round because of secondary stat gems.

Tailoring is pretty good, I've heard, but I would never give up engineering's toys.
Engi is a must, the 1minute cooldown on Synapse Springs, is perfect for LH/ES since theyre also on 1min cd.
BS is second best imo, the extra 2 gem sockets is free 640haste
Tailoring iirc is also pretty good too
JC is trash
Engi is a must, the 1minute cooldown on Synapse Springs, is perfect for LH/ES since theyre also on 1min cd.
BS is second best imo, the extra 2 gem sockets is free 640haste

I think that I'm going to go with this combo. What is best to bind to Synapse Springs? LH, as you said?
LH or ES, yes; but macro it so that you trigger the Springs before LH/ES so that it receives the damage boost.
Engineering/BS is best.
Engineering/Tailoring.

I'm better than all of you<3
I think that I'm going to go with this combo. What is best to bind to Synapse Springs? LH, as you said?

#showtooltip
/use 10
/use [harm] Execution Sentence
/use Light's Hammer
/run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("ExSen", G"Execution Sentence" or G"Light's Hammer"

1 button so if you switch specs you don't have to drag out a dif macro. the [harm] makes ES only castable on enemy targets(I use Clique for mouseover binds, so if I need to use it for a heal I have a way)
BS and enchanting.