What is your job IRL?

Ravenholdt
Prev 1 4 5 6

I work at Best Buy. More specifically, in the Geek Squad. And before anyone says anything, my store is one of the better stores in the company. :D

Anyone who looks down on honest work is unworthy of consideration. Especially in this economy.

I work at Best Buy. More specifically, in the Geek Squad. And before anyone says anything, my store is one of the better stores in the company. :D

Anyone who looks down on honest work is unworthy of consideration. Especially in this economy.

Ahem!!
Started my new job yesterday and got my first sale! Woot!
Ahem!!

All I mean is that any and all honest work is worthy of being proud of, and does not need apologizing for.
04/18/2013 01:32 PMPosted by Tiraslin
Ahem!!

All I mean is that any and all honest work is worthy of being proud of, and does not need apologizing for.

Tir... I am agreeing with you...

To go a step further, when ever I am on a domestic and I hear somebody make the statement that their respective partner does not work and only stays home and takes care of the kids sets me off. I usually ask them how much do they pay the stay at home parents and what are their benefits...

No, Tir I am agreeing with you. So long as a person is working and earning their keep, there is no dishonor in honest work.
I teach second grade. Love what I do.
No, Tir I am agreeing with you. So long as a person is working and earning their keep, there is no dishonor in honest work.

Whew. Thank you. I was afraid I'd been unclear. I appreciate your sentiment, particularly as the daughter of a nurse-turned-stay-at-home-mom and a second-generation man who dug ditches for a living.
04/18/2013 09:00 PMPosted by Tiraslin

Whew. Thank you. I was afraid I'd been unclear. I appreciate your sentiment, particularly as the daughter of a nurse-turned-stay-at-home-mom and a second-generation man who dug ditches for a living.

Yeah thats the bad thing about forum dialogue...its hard to see the true meaning of what is being said and the inability of clarrifying verbal confusion or misunderstandings...and lets not forget humor as well.
04/19/2013 03:39 AMPosted by Feloniousbob

Yeah thats the bad thing about forum dialogue...its hard to see the true meaning of what is being said and the inability of clarrifying verbal confusion or misunderstandings...and lets not forget humor as well.

/punts Feloniousbob

Damn little Gnome...go make me some gold on the AH and begone from these forums. There should a bloody height requirement to post to these forums....
There is, and you're over it....
There is, and you're over it....

Hmmmm, We Talls are in the majority and we rule this world!!!
I'm in community college at the moment, graduating this July with my AA degree. :) Going to take half a year/a year off to save up some money for study abroad when I transfer to a four year University. <3
Engineer of the civil variety.
I don't remember if I posted here.

But I'm a technician and graphic designer for a small computer business. We're actually growing nicely so hopefully I can soon start focusing entirely on graphics, marketing, and web design/development.

No offense, but a LOT of our business comes from unhappy customers from Geek Squad. =)