Are Death Knights Fun?

Death Knight
I've given some serious thought into rolling a Death Knight to keep as my new main, but I want some advice from some experienced Death Knight players.

I'm going to roll Frost for dps but I wanna know is being a 2h Frost DK or a DW Frost DK is better

Are they fun?
The rune management sucked at first, but once I learned it, it became a fun class. I saw some one asking in chat, " How do I use Death Siphon if I don't even have Death Runes, only Unholy, Frost and Blood ?"
We are a blast to play!

As Advann mentioned above the rune regen in the beginning is terrible but stick it out because it gets better. From what I am reading from the others 2h Frost is top with Unholy a close second.

Advice I can give is read the stickies they have great information and will help you be the best Death Knight you can be =) Along with pouring some of your own awesome sauceness on it =p

I hope you stick it out and have a blast playing my favorite class in the game!

~Kyr~
As everyone has said, it initially feels very clunky and awful. I almost quit.

Now it feels very fluid and I constantly have something to do. Very fun to play, and I love tanking as a DK.
It depends on what you intend to do with your DK.

For full out PvE Dks are great, you get to enjoy all the best of the class without having to experience the worst peices.

In PvP however you will find yourself pretty unhappy, getting slapped around by people, sitting in a defensive presence 90% of the time, and being trained near 100% of the time. To give you a more concrete explanation of what I mean, my strat in 2s earlier this weak with my friend (whom doesn't pvp much) was: Blow up the DK. We auto won every single game vs DKs just because they melted like butter.

As a side note, you'll find leveling a DK (unless you are blood) to be kinda... terrible, especially since our rune regen tier is given to us at lvl 75 for some ridiculous reason, but if you stick with it, it does get better.
In PvP however you will find yourself pretty unhappy, getting slapped around by people

Hush.
Yes, yes they are.
To me DW Frost feels more "engaging" while 2 handed feels more relaxed compared. Regardless DK is a fun class to me. It will be slow for you until you get your lvl 75 talents for extra rune generation by using your runic power dump (Frost Strike is most ideal for frost). After that you will not be waiting for runes as much over time.

To me most other classes come across boring compared to dk.
Fun is subjective. You wont get a good answer. Non dks will tell you it sucks, dks will tell you its awesome. What do you really expect?
Levels 60-64 really sucked for me. I think I made 4-5 DKs in that level range, then just deleted them because I didn't like them.
Once I got past that and just ground out the levels however, I started to have more and more fun. I got this guy to 90 near the end of last season, so in PvP I wasn't really geared and pretty squishy. Regardless, I still had fun on him, and he's now my main alt that I play on.
I have't leveled a Death Knight in Mists of Pandaria (Well 85-90...) but I can tell you they are very fun to play. Our play style is fun and rather engaging when you get to the more advanced tactics of it. That is the thing I love about it there is a degree of challenge to optimize your dps it isn't sitting back and hitting four buttons *cough* frost mage *cough*

I hate frost mages.
We are absolutely fun, i mainly play pvp on this toon because my warrior is the PvE story focus, but we are awesome for control and burst situations in pvp plus we eat casters alive.

The few times i have played in pve was tanking in cata and some frost and unholy dps in current lfr, i can understand why people like dks in pve the fun factor is still the same no matter what environment you put yourself into.

I mean tanking with just a 2H? when we first came out that was a jaw smack. You basically get to be dps thats unkillable, thats how i saw it anyway.

But long story short, i have the hardest time being torn between being a green Ebola spreading master of the grave and as an orc i have pet damage increase plus Hardiness. Death coil is fuuuuuuun...

And being a mini Lich king, because i didnt really get into my dk till cata because the ONLY way to play frost is with a 2H!

And so i have to choose, because having both is being a gimp and having blood on the side makes you a reliable FC in PVP.
It depends on what you intend to do with your DK.

For full out PvE Dks are great, you get to enjoy all the best of the class without having to experience the worst peices.

In PvP however you will find yourself pretty unhappy, getting slapped around by people, sitting in a defensive presence 90% of the time, and being trained near 100% of the time. To give you a more concrete explanation of what I mean, my strat in 2s earlier this weak with my friend (whom doesn't pvp much) was: Blow up the DK. We auto won every single game vs DKs just because they melted like butter.

As a side note, you'll find leveling a DK (unless you are blood) to be kinda... terrible, especially since our rune regen tier is given to us at lvl 75 for some ridiculous reason, but if you stick with it, it does get better.

I pretty much disagree with everything that as been said in this post concerning PvP. Maybe you were facing baddies or newbies. I mean yes DK are getting trained but we also have very strong kiting tools and if you choose the new 30 secs Asphyxiate coupled with the ghoul stun (as Unholy), you can efficiently kite (add in the glyph of DnD) and peel for yourself. You can also choose to run with a healer in 2s... Now that's fun as hell and the dmg is insane!