Anyone have luck fishing the Faire?

Professions
This past week I've gotten a ton of stacks of octopus, shrimp, and carp, a single sea pony, but had no sign of Darkmoon Fishing Cap

People have said on wowhead they got one, so it apparently is available. Did anyone here manage to find it? How much fishing did it take you?
This past week I've gotten a ton of stacks of octopus, shrimp, and carp, a single sea pony, but had no sign of Darkmoon Fishing Cap

People have said on wowhead they got one, so it apparently is available. Did anyone here manage to find it? How much fishing did it take you?

I did manage to get one on a bank alt I never, ever play. =/ http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arathor/Caelzair/advanced

After fishing up well over 3000 fish on this alt, I switched over to a lowbie alt on another server just as a test, ran him over there and bam, got the stupid cap almost right away. Just a few casts... /sigh

I've since been to the DMF every month since, fishing away and have yet to see the darn thing on this alt. In fact, that's what I'm doing right now as I type this. :P

Good luck. I'm beginning to wonder if it might be bugged for those of us with maxed fishing. I've seen several people saying mains were having no luck, but after switching to a low alt with low fishing, they're getting the cap rather quickly.
Yes. I got it this weekend, tried it out an got the seahorse on the next cast.
So it summons a debris pool but do you need to fish it from one or open water?

My alts fish the debris pools (or open water when lazy) for the fishing quest and get a few crates but never seen this.
Unless my memory is playing tricks on me, I got it from open water - I was just grabbing the 5 fish for the monthly quest.

(the nice thing about it is that you can create the debris pool in any open water - it doesn't have to be at the darkmoon fair, you can just stand by a pond in the capital)
This maybe a dumb question but how do you get the debris pool, I have worn the cap at water edge but there is never a debris pool created... Thanks
This maybe a dumb question but how do you get the debris pool, I have worn the cap at water edge but there is never a debris pool created... Thanks

After equipping it, you have to use (right click) it.

Happy fishing :)
I didn't even know the item existed until I fished it up on this character the very first day it was available several months ago. I was max level and max fishing skill at the time.

The only fishing I ever do on the island is the quest fish, or the occasional debris pool. I reall don't remember if it was open water or the pool that it came from.
Posted in this thread in May and promptly forgot about this. DMF is on!! I'll go fish.
Dang... I fell for the necro...
12/06/2013 04:15 PMPosted by Malebogia
Dang... I fell for the necro...

Nah, this one was a good useful necro, for me anyway.
Necro or not, happy to see the thread. I was away from the game for a while, and didn't know about this cap at all.

Unfortunately, Qazzi has now spent several hours fishing at the Faire, with no cap in sight. When I get a chance later today I'll try fishing a bit from a non-max fishing skill character and see if that works.
I got one from fishing at the pier for the fishing quest.
I got one quite quickly on my paladin (too bad its not BoA) Only took a few faires of the fishing quest. Didn't even realize I could get that from fishing there.
I have only gotten 1 or 2 across my alt army I had regularly run through there. I don't just fish, but that is still a lot of casts for the fishing monthly skill up quest. I only missed a bit of the last 2 faires as I was taking a bit more of a break from them, only running a few toons through.
I got one quite quickly on my paladin (too bad its not BoA) Only took a few faires of the fishing quest. Didn't even realize I could get that from fishing there.

yeah, I got one on my monk a few faires ago, just doing the 5 fish quest, it was nice considering he didn't already have a fishing hat, none of my other toons have caught anything special during the faire.

But I haven't put any time investment into fishing @ Darkmoon Island.