Class Hotfixes – 3/12

General Discussion
Prev 1 56 57 58 Next
So, every post I've made in this thread has been deleted, but we still can't get a Blue Post. Demonology Warlocks deserve a single target compensation buff. You can't ignore us forever.

Some players overreact when they see numbers like a 25% reduction to one spell that only makes up 10% of their damage overall. This ends up in a few percentage adjustment to a class's DPS.

GC quote from the interview he did a few days ago. Fairly obvious that he's talking about the rage from Warlocks about Doom and Corruption as its a very current issue.

Here's the problem. Corruption for Affliction isn't just a DoT for single target and multi-dotting. Its also part of MG and SB:SoC.

Here's a random high ranking Affliction log from Jin'rohk. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h5w3nzjg07kqxivn/sum/damageDone/?s=399&e=589#Marvink

You'll see 13% damage from Corruption ticks and another 10% from Corruption hits and crits. The hits and crits come from MG. So, Ghostcrawler seems to think that Corruption is only 10% of Affliction's single target damage.

Here's a random high ranking Demonology log from Jin'rohk. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tu6dp2gv72ynk2c9/details/0/?s=600&e=784

Corruption is 8.7% and Doom is 17.4%. That's 26.1%. Please explain how its okay for the lead class designer to not understand the classes he's nerfing.
Oddly enough, the 25% Doom/Corruption nerf took my Demo dot ticks back to Oct/Nov 2012 level, in that timeline of gear progression. Demo's standing on single target was always only modest to begin with, and this latest nerf bled it too far.

So it really was all for naught, huh? Affliction could care less about Green Fire, and Destruction is nothing compared to the utility and design Demo had to offer the player and experience.

You certainly can't buy time back.

Things like this make players lose trust.
PvP = side/mini game. This is a questing PvE game.
Created this guy and been having a blast so far. From Pve to Pvp this char has been super solid. Just wanted to say Thanks Blizz!
Blazing speed should be either removed from the game, or replace blink if a mage run this talent. mage is already op for its ability to reset the duel or avoid damage taken while their ccs are on cold down with all these slowing effect, mobilities and short cold down of ccs. giving them Blazing speed is only making the matter wrose. mages who run Blazing speed are baseily unkillable in many pvp situations. lets dont forget they now can heal almost as much as a spriest if they manage to get away from the opponent which is hardly a challenge. 10% heath in 2.5 sec...really???

in addition, i think classes like warlock, spriest, Shaman should be given more mobilities in oder to counter skilled mages in pvp, just because they are range classes doesnt mean they cant be kite, they usually have to counter a mages deepfreeze with majore defensive or trinket, whilst mage can just blink away , blazing speed , nova, and some other cc to get away with their offensives.
image you and your teammates are about to go mage with all your offensive cds while having the healer in control after his icebloke is used, then he pop Blazing speed and run back to pillar and wait for heal and your offensive cds. cheating die like this is really no fun for other classes , not to mention its only on 25 sec cold down
Still no word from Bliz on when Warlocks may expect reversion of or compensation for these asinine nerfs?

Oh well, hope it is forthcoming sometime before tomorrow.

Otherwise I cancel my subscription.
I don't know what to say or to think...

I'm still relatively new to WoW, working like crazy to learn how to play Arcane effectively, then, after finally, FINALLY, gaining the feeling of being a contributing member of a raid (185K DPS on Heroic Elegon with a kill burst of 245K), I get up the next morning and discover that I can barely pull 34K DPS, due to the poorly thought out nerfs and alterations to the Mage class.

I attempted Fire Spec, which is totally foreign to me (as is Frost; remember, I am a NOOB), and that was awful, as I didn't have the "feel" as to how Fire (or Frost, for that matter) should be played. My numbers were abominable and I was permanently sat out of the raid team, as the Raid Leader and the Guild Council believe firmly that if a Mage cannot dish out at least 125K DPS at ALL times, then the Mage need not come to the raid, as there are many other RDPS who are very good and who bring excellent utility to a raid.

Now, a week after this catastrophic change, when I am now completely ignored and shunned by my Guild (I changed to a new Guild two days ago, because of this ostracism), I see that the Great and Powerful Wizards of Blizz (I am being sarcastic here) have thrown a bone to the Mage community.

I am probably a one-trick pony, in that I do enjoy playing Arcane, even though I know that it is supposed to be a "turret" DPS which is penalized for moving, with the corollary of throwing out staggering amounts of DPS when allowed to sit still and do what Mages do best. I am disgusted that I am being forced to change Specs, due to the fact that Arcane just cannot bring anything to any current content raid, outside of a body which can be killed very quickly. The fact that I am being told by so very many people that I need to change to Frost Spec, until I am at least at ilvl 505, and then switch to Fire Spec, because of the brilliant scaling, is repugnant to me. I should not have to toss away all the work that I put into the Arcane Spec of my class, and to feel that Blizzard is doing it's level best to destroy a complete class by making them completely irrelevant in World of Warcraft raiding situation, is just not good.

I resent the fact that my questions, which I feel are relevant and pertinent, have been dismissed out of hand by the Development Team and that I have been verbally attacked by these same people who believe that nothing which any subscriber has to say about Blizzard Games is of any import.

Honestly, if the Development Team were to step down off their collective high horses and just LOOK at what they're doing, perhaps the ancient, worn out and poorly written base coding of the World of Warcraft Game might be re-worked, streamlined and be made much more effective, rather than subjecting the millions of people who pay their monthly subscription fees (which, when you think about it, pays the salaries of these people) to ridiculous scenarios which do nothing more than create bad feelings everywhere.

This is supposed to be a fun game, where we can all come together and share our mutual love for gaming and interactions. What it is becoming is an environment where people become so very dissatisfied with the entire genre that they end up taking out their frustrations in petty attacks on fellow players, because of the perceptions that some classes are being treated better than others.

Please, PLEASE, do something constructive, and LISTEN to the many people who actually know what they are about when they forward suggestions about subtle improvements. No one is saying that they are better or worse than the Development Team; rather, they are attempting to be helpful with cogent arguments and ideas which would, if looked at seriously and considered in a positive light, have a very good impact on this World of Warcraft of ours.

Thank you
Apparently, you don't understand the concept of nerf...I'm sick to death of the haste issue with the moonkins. Blizzard is super happy about moonkins? You mean they love that they are completely sucky?
Why can't you buff all Warlock DoTs vs players that way you can balance affliction for PvE and PvP why do Mages only get this treatment with there Mage bomb when it's clear Affliction locks are suffering pretty hard in PvP due to the PvE nerfs.
snip

I'm not sure why you could only get 34k dps after a change in arcane when you were pulling such high numbers previously. I run arcane, and although I only run in lfr, when I checked damage I was always near the top, second in one case. Perhaps you are just unable to adapt to the changes as well as you'd like.
still waiting for warrior fixing
Ghostcrawler is a horrible human being... So yah
So, every post I've made in this thread has been deleted, but we still can't get a Blue Post. Demonology Warlocks deserve a single target compensation buff. You can't ignore us forever.

Some players overreact when they see numbers like a 25% reduction to one spell that only makes up 10% of their damage overall. This ends up in a few percentage adjustment to a class's DPS.

GC quote from the interview he did a few days ago. Fairly obvious that he's talking about the rage from Warlocks about Doom and Corruption as its a very current issue.

Here's the problem. Corruption for Affliction isn't just a DoT for single target and multi-dotting. Its also part of MG and SB:SoC.

Here's a random high ranking Affliction log from Jin'rohk. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h5w3nzjg07kqxivn/sum/damageDone/?s=399&e=589#Marvink

You'll see 13% damage from Corruption ticks and another 10% from Corruption hits and crits. The hits and crits come from MG. So, Ghostcrawler seems to think that Corruption is only 10% of Affliction's single target damage.

Here's a random high ranking Demonology log from Jin'rohk. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tu6dp2gv72ynk2c9/details/0/?s=600&e=784

Corruption is 8.7% and Doom is 17.4%. That's 26.1%. Please explain how its okay for the lead class designer to not understand the classes he's nerfing.
What I don't understand is what the point of the PTR was if changes were going to be drastic right after. You wanted people to test the classes, feedback was given, changes were made to fit the feedback, server goes live, everything is changed to blizzard's liking. PTR is such a waste of time lmao.

And... I'm just gonna go start my mage now.
...We don’t want to change rotations or force players to change specs, so we wanted a relatively passive change.

...If these buffs aren’t sufficient, we will happily make more, but we’d rather make a few buffs a few times in a row rather than over buff then have to nerf it back down.

You're dreaming. The last patch forced almost every mage to respec to frost or fire. you completely screwed arcane over a barrel.

Mages by design were supposed to be the premier damage dealers in the game, since all they do is dps. In addition, the raids are stupid complex, requiring mages to basically run around the entire fight or waste time casting rune or incanters every minute.

The last patch did cause a lot of mages to respec to fire or frost, because you forced them to restrict their play to a single stupid rotation that doesn't even allow them to build charges to their maximum charge. Additionally, living bomb is now a waste of time. Give us back the spread!

If you're happy to buff mages back to raid useful, then for the love of all things unholy, fix the talent tree, fix the dps, and give mages back some self respect.
03/18/2013 11:24 PMPosted by Trivius
Mages by design were supposed to be the premier damage dealers in the game, since all they do is dps.

Rogues, Hunters and Warlocks all laugh at this statement. Mages are trashing every other class right now, but because all 3 specs aren't OP you're in here !@#$%ing about it.