New Races?

Story Forum
If anything could happen, there won't be new races in next xpac. They are already working on updating actual characters.

I think there will be 2 classes, but not 2 races.
03/14/2013 09:59 PMPosted by Cernak
High Elves

No
No High Elves. NO no no no. Forest Trolls using Kazra'jin's model would be neat. As much as I dislike trolls he looks awesome.
WTB playable High Elves as an Alliance race with Alleria Windrunner as their leader; PST as soon as possible. Naysayers will not sway me!

Oh, and if we ever get playable Zandalari trolls and they can be made into monks I will roll one so hard. Love their models.
WTB playable High Elves as an Alliance race with Alleria Windrunner as their leader; PST as soon as possible. Naysayers will not sway me!

Oh, and if we ever get playable Zandalari trolls and they can be made into monks I will roll one so hard. Love their models.
No blue eyed blood elves or troll'dorei

It's merely my opinion, and I'm alright if you (or anyone for that matter) disagree with it. Sans high elves and troll'dorei (for lack of a better word, haha), what races would you like to see playable?
03/16/2013 06:06 PMPosted by Armitage

It's merely my opinion, and I'm alright if you (or anyone for that matter) disagree with it. Sans high elves and troll'dorei (for lack of a better word, haha), what races would you like to see playable?
None atm. I'd rather they figure out how to solve the clear and disruptive inequity amongst races (racial abilities) already, upgrade their models, and fix the disastrous septic tank explosion they call existing lore, specifically for the Alliance, before they even try to start a new story with another race.
Update current race models and I'll be happy! kaythxbai!

And can gnomes finally make an appearance in a cut scene? I feel bad for the little guys :(
Things I want to see. High Elves, Ogres, and new models + skins for all of the races. I might not play an Ogre, mostly because I don't play Horde except for Blood Elves... but I would still love to see more lore for them and insight into their culture. Could definetly see the High Elves led by Vareesa and the Ogres coming from Ogri'la. If we mention classes too I would be interested in Spellbreakers (Considering that they seem to have made a return to power with 5.2) and Demon Hunters. (Considering so many things teasing them to the players, and with Illidan's possible ressurection through a vial from the Well of Eternity...) I believe most of all that those races and those classes would best suit being presented in a Burning Crusade 2.0, especially with the representation that the Horde and Alliance will need the help of all of their allies to bring the legion down.
If I have to choose... Ethereals (Alliance) and Vrykul (Horde). Most interesting new races from their respective expansions and we rarely ever see them afterward.

Both are typically neutral, one friendly to other races, the other usually hostile.

The reason I put (this faction of) Ethereals with the Alliance is that they remind me of sci-fi-style goblins to an extent and the Horde doesn't need the redundancy of another merchant race.

As for the vrykul, their culture would certainly fit the Horde motif and they have shown the capacity for compassion before.

With their civilizations dead, king and god deposed, and people in conflict with one another over territory, I don't think a group of vrykul who head south for safety is out of the question.

The vrykul would be shorter (obviously), probably tauren-sized. But, well, NPCs tend to be tall for clicking purposes anyway.

The vrykul leader could be a younger (not counting time in slumber) warrior woman. Maybe even the daughter of Ymiron and Angerboda or something; we didn't see much of them so we could justify this if necessary.
Vrykul.
Seriously...the last races I would see join the horde as...playable races...would be ogres and that's pretty much it. We don't need 101 races. Classes on the other hand...
Sub races like the guy mentioned would be pretty cool