[In the Hall of the Thunder King] - 10 Chests

Achievements
[In the Hall of the Thunder King] has a 10 golden chest requirement. I've heard they can drop the new Mogu Rune of Fate so I'd be interested in maximizing these. Does anyone have tips or a guide to getting 10+ chests per run? It's a shame I deleted my Essence of the Breeze and Bottled Tornado because I think they'd come in handy in the first room, along with Goblin Glider.
Wait till you can get the items from rep to help sneak around, I'd say. Use chests to hop on to get to higher chests, stay outof the eyebeam circles. and focus just on gold chests.
Yeah, probably will need items.
I have a lot of alts that I've done this on over the course of the week and on one of them I did well enough to get an extra Mogu Rune of Fate, so I'm not sure if it was dumb luck or not but it was my best attempt of the week.
Wait till you can get the items from rep to help sneak around, I'd say. Use chests to hop on to get to higher chests, stay outof the eyebeam circles. and focus just on gold chests.

Which rep is it and how do I find it! I have two keys waiting in my bags because I'm unsure of how to do a very successful run.
03/10/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Jessaurus

Which rep is it and how do I find it! I have two keys waiting in my bags because I'm unsure of how to do a very successful run.

Kirin Tor Offensive, and the vendor is in the lower deck of the boat you port to to do dailies.
I have a lot of alts that I've done this on over the course of the week and on one of them I did well enough to get an extra Mogu Rune of Fate, so I'm not sure if it was dumb luck or not but it was my best attempt of the week.

Thanks for confirming the extra Mogu coin. So yeah, it seems a perfect run will be important for raiding heroics. Extra coins will definitely come in handy. Hopefully someone can figure out the optimal path at some point =p
if anybody has done this yet, id love some tips before i use my key
03/10/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Digerati

Thanks for confirming the extra Mogu coin. So yeah, it seems a perfect run will be important for raiding heroics. Extra coins will definitely come in handy. Hopefully someone can figure out the optimal path at some point =p

Got two coins on my main this week just as a followup so if you have any alts, I'd recommend practicing on them and using that experience on your main. Good luck!
Are they only dropping from the Golden Chests, Burial Trove chests, or even the regular chests?
2 Guildies have said their coins came from the burial trove.
The 10 golden chests definitely seems like it will be the hardest part of the achievement. I know about the hidden area in the first room that leads to two golden chests, but am not sure if the time required is worth it. I've seen a few golden chests in the second and third rooms that I'm not sure how to get to quickly. I've also seen how the boss has a golden chest he drops and also that he can have up to 3 behind him (seems random how many).

Would be great if someone had a youtube of someone getting 10 golden chests. There's a number of youtubes showing finishing the area and killing the boss, but I've not seen one showing someone managing to get 10 golden chests.
The last parts of this achievement( tenwu, god-hulk, the saurok) are actually easy as most class/spec combinations if you utilize the universal key and speed talents.

What is very difficult is managing to find 10 large chests. I usually only find 5-6 a run, or manage to get that many while maximizing getting the other chests.
Would be great if someone had a youtube of someone getting 10 golden chests. There's a number of youtubes showing finishing the area and killing the boss, but I've not seen one showing someone managing to get 10 golden chests.

Problem with this is the golden chests are completely random where they spawn other than the 1 the god hulk has on his back, where as the location of the god hulk and tenwu are always the same so a video is easy for them.

Even if someone made a video of 10 chests you may never get the exact same locations as they did making following the video impossible.
03/18/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Wilhelm

Problem with this is the golden chests are completely random where they spawn other than the 1 the god hulk has on his back, where as the location of the god hulk and tenwu are always the same so a video is easy for them.

Even if someone made a video of 10 chests you may never get the exact same locations as they did making following the video impossible.

That's not totally true though. I think there are random ones and guaranteed ones. The first room has this path you can take off to the right that leads you up to the statues on the right. Every video I've seen with someone doing this, there were two golden chests.

Even if it's not guaranteed, I would guess that maybe they've designated the chests in certain spots as having a higher chance of being golden. The boss drops a chest, but the ones behind him usually always have 1-3 golden chests among them. It's pretty consistent.
Ran this on warrior, thinking the weekly gold chest locations would be the same. They were not.

However while doing gold chest run I found the saurok and not only did that little devil run right over my frost rune trap because I placed it to close, but it activated the nearby Stone Dog.

So if you see 2 gold chests really close to one another make sure you sleep any nearby dogs are youll screw yourself over ten fold.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVxPbz3hHbo

decent video on how to do it. rng plays heavily though into this part of the achievement
I followed ^ that video, and although it took several attempts because of RNG, I did get it done. My first two attempts I only got 8 and 9 (while still having a minute to run around in circles trying to find more), and my third attempt found 12 within the 10 minutes.
Glad I could of been to help someone, I follow that video every week, 7 attempts. I walk out with 3-6 gold chests and get screwed in room 2. I've had the worst of luck =(
I do the treasure run across 7 alts, and there are three major factors:

1. Luck. The first room alone can have up to 6 big chests (that's the max I've found), but can also have far fewer.

2. Stealth. Everything in the treasure run is easier for a stealther, especially a rogue. Given that we're stealing, I think it's kinda nice that rogues have an advantage here.

3. Rep items. You need rep items to access some of the chests, plain and simple. Other rep items are pretty much mandatory to avoiding aggro in room 2.

I LOVE the treasure run scenario, one of the my favorite things this xpac.

Here's a question - how do you access the upper left chest in the connection room between room 1 and room 2? You know how you jump up onto the shelf on the left, there's a row or 3 or 4 chests, and then there's one up above by the statue? I haven't figured out how to access it - and it is often a big chest.