Assassination Rogue PvP questions

Rogue
1) Does slice and dice speed up rupture in any way?

2) Am I supposed to be using expose armor in pvp?

3) Shadow Focus or subterfuge?

4) Does AMS from DK prevent any application of poisons or poison damage? I see alot of IMMUNE when it is up?

5) I should be burning combo points on envenom if SnD and Rupture are up, right? Or do I just envenom to extend SnD and save combo points for ruptures, kidney, and such? Envenom sorta feels weak.

6) Kidney DRs with Cheapshot, right? So do I even bother using Kidney after cheapshot before DR resets?

7) People don't take Dirty Tricks in pvp because others dots still break gouge, right? Seems really strong.

8) Always use deadly poison or do you use wound poison sometimes?

9) After pvp bonus deadly brew, does applying crippling poison do nothing? So you always chose another poison instead?
Howdy! I'm no guru by any means, but I'll tell you what I know, and how I run my rogue.

1. No, not that I know. It speeds up your autoattacks.

2. I don't, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. You do physical damage too.

3. I like Shadow Focus, but you should play around with both and see what fits your style best.

4. Yep, but it doesn't last too long, so I don't worry too much about it.

5. I've gotten envenoms into the 90k range, and it increases your poison application chance for 6 seconds with full combo points.

6. Totally situational. Sometimes I hold off on the kidney for quite a while, sometimes I'll just go from a CS into a KS if they took a lot of damage during the CS, and try for a quick kill.

7. I love Dirty Tricks. I find it to be a lot of fun to gouge then blind someone while watching their health drop every second. Yeah, it only works out like that if it's 1 on 1, but it happens frequently enough.

8. For me, Deadly Poison is where it's at. It does a TON of damage. But like anything else, the situation should dictate what poison you choose.

9. The 50% snare is a great bonus to have, but the shiv effect is what makes me choose my non lethal poison. Shiv Mind Numbing, and the next hard casted spell within 8 seconds will have double it's cast time. Shiv Crippling, and it applies a 70% snare. It also works on the demos in SoTA.

Hope this helped you out man.
Great answers, helped alot! Thank you so much. I've had my rogue since BC and only do about 15 levels an expansion, but in MOP I like him alot . . . I'm just horrible at him, lol.
03/19/2013 08:01 AMPosted by States
1) Does slice and dice speed up rupture in any way?

Nope. Just our auto-attacks I'm pretty sure. I wish it helped energy regen...

2) Am I supposed to be using expose armor in pvp?

I've never used it but it might actually come in handy against some people. Stubborn Prot Warriors and Paladins for example. I might mess around with it a bit tonight.

3) Shadow Focus or subterfuge?

Shadow Focus will make your openers flow much more smoothly but it makes you choose between Garrote and CS for your stealth attack and I generally prefer Subterfuge because it gives me both of them, which I can then turn into a Rupture. Basically with Subterfuge I can have Rupture on my target and SnD up on me by the time my opponent gets out of CS, and after that it's just full out DPS. I have to test out Shadow Focus some more.

4) Does AMS from DK prevent any application of poisons or poison damage? I see alot of IMMUNE when it is up?

Yeah it does. Poisons and Envenom won't work through AMS, and neither will Shadow Blades. Stick to Mutilate or Dispatch until it wears out. Might actually be a good time to apply Expose Armor if you want to try that out.

5) I should be burning combo points on envenom if SnD and Rupture are up, right? Or do I just envenom to extend SnD and save combo points for ruptures, kidney, and such? Envenom sorta feels weak.

Situational. Once SnD and Rupture are up I generally like to follow up with one Envenom to prevent any diminishing returns from KS. Then when I get them closer to <35% Dispatch range or they've popped a cooldown I'll hit a KS and try to burn them. Make sure Rupture stays up on the target or you're gonna be energy starved hard.

6) Kidney DRs with Cheapshot, right? So do I even bother using Kidney after cheapshot before DR resets?

Also situational. It does DR yes, but in some cases it's worth keeping someone stunned for as long as possible. I generally only do this to healers while my teammates burn down another target but I'll also do it to undergeared people because they usually don't survive through the KS stun. Classic rogue stuff, basically.

7) People don't take Dirty Tricks in pvp because others dots still break gouge, right? Seems really strong.
Gouge is best used one-on-one but it can also be used to interrupt casting if Kick is on cool down. Gouge and Blind are also useful for escaping combat before re-opening or healing, and all the while your Deadly Poison/Garrote/Rupture tick away a chunk of their health. Paralytic Poison looks interesting but I don't like the RNG stun very much.

8) Always use deadly poison or do you use wound poison sometimes?

I use Deadly 95% of the time. Unless I'm attacking a FC that's got a couple of pocket healers I find that the huge extra damage from Deadly usually outweighs the small MS effect from Wound.

9) After pvp bonus deadly brew, does applying crippling poison do nothing? So you always chose another poison instead?

Crippling Poison will do nothing itself at this point but the Shiv effect will still slow them down to 70%. I find Mind-Numbing more broadly useful once getting 2pc though.

Hope I've helped!
Awesome advice, thanks!