People don't want 2 hour LFR's...

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
... do they?

It was my impression that RF was designed for casuals unable to commit massive amounts of time to raiding.

so far, the first wing last week was over an hour for 3 bosses. this week, my LFR group for forgotten depths spent an hour and a half getting to the last boss and is currently still wiping on him. i had to leave because i ran out of time.

so with an average of lets say 30 - 45 minutes per boss kill in LFR, we're looking at potentially spending more than 10 hours per week running the new raid just in LFR.

add the 12 to 20 hours most raiding guilds spend on progression content, you're looking at 30+ hours of raiding per week. there are not enough bosses for this amount of time expenditure and its just too much time anyway.
03/19/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Humicula
add the 12 to 20 hours most raiding guilds

I think you overestimate how much time 'most raiding guilds' spend in raid.
would you be happy if they just made loot or gold appear in your bags when you zone in?

(here's a hint: you don't have to kill all 12 bosses every week if you don't have time)
would you be happy if they just made loot or gold appear in your bags when you zone in?

(here's a hint: you don't get to kill all 12 bosses every week because you don't have time)

fixed this for you
03/19/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Lignar
add the 12 to 20 hours most raiding guilds

I think you overestimate how much time 'most raiding guilds' spend in raid.

4 hours a night for 3 or 4 nights is pretty standard, with many guilds raiding more often than that. i wasn't talking about wannabe raid guilds. note the lack of the word wannabe in my original post.
What is really frustrating (outside of the wait) is if you get put in on the 3rd boss, kill it, don't get VP, and have to re-que again to clear the rest of the dungeon. Not to mention that you don't get VP until you clear ALL 3 in one run. You can't kill the 3rd boss, re-que, kill the first 2 and get VP, you have to re-clear it all. That is what is frustrating.

I understand that people leave groups and replacements are needed, but with the long wait times, it isn't fair to have people re-que multiple times and have to kill the same boss they killed before just to get VP.
fixed this for you

you do not have to kill all 12 bosses every week. If your time is so restricted that you can only kill 6 bosses one week - well so be it. once all the wings are released you can pick/choose which groups of bosses are most beneficial to you.

Additionally, blizzard is under no obligation to make LFR even easier than it already is. This is a new raid, and you're just going to have to handle wiping a few times for the next couple of weeks.
03/19/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Annastasi
fixed this for you

you do not have to kill all 12 bosses every week. If your time is so restricted that you can only kill 6 bosses one week - well so be it. once all the wings are released you can pick/choose which groups of bosses are most beneficial to you.

Additionally, blizzard is under no obligation to make LFR even easier than it already is. This is a new raid, and you're just going to have to handle wiping a few times for the next couple of weeks.

we'll see how long this attitude about LFR from the Blizzard folks keeps up. if you have to run LFR with a raid guild just to be able to kill all of the bosses (and stupid amounts of trash), it pretty much totally defeats the purpose.
If your group is in fact taking 30-45 minutes per boss, you either need to start kicking the terribles or leave and find a better group.

Despite much blatant stupidity, I ran ToT LFR last week in 30-35 minutes. This was with a group that didn't understand what the empowerment on Council was.
LFR seems like it's more designed more to be for people who can't commit to a raid night and less for the people who can't commit an hour or two a week to do LFR.
03/19/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Waynebrady
What is really frustrating (outside of the wait) is if you get put in on the 3rd boss, kill it, don't get VP, and have to re-que again to clear the rest of the dungeon. Not to mention that you don't get VP until you clear ALL 3 in one run. You can't kill the 3rd boss, re-que, kill the first 2 and get VP, you have to re-clear it all.

You get your Valor Points after killing the 3rd boss. If you get dumped into the raid at that boss, you only need to do that one if VP is all you want.

(Not gonna mention the hours of queueing trying to get the FIRST boss that my DK had the other night... ;)
I did the first wing of the new place last week on three characters with no problems. We did wipe once, but did it easily the second time. And our groups were handicapped by having to carry me (I'm a a bad :) ). Our runs were all well under an hour.

I think you just had some bad luck.
LFR is more for people who can't commit to a scheduled time. That doesn't mean it's shorter than a normal raid.
so with an average of lets say 30 - 45 minutes per boss kill in LFR, we're looking at potentially spending more than 10 hours per week running the new raid just in LFR.

There were 16 bosses in the last tier of LFR (more than 12, see?). I sure as hell didn't spend 10 hours running that.

This is also why Blizzard doesn't release all 12 at once.
Is this post for real? It's LFR Sillygoose it's much faster for high endish gear then anything else. Don't be so silly and go drink some green tea.. light a few candles and enjoy your time playing the game!

with the new increased time requirements, the late release 5 mans were a far better way of getting "high endish" gear than this. just don't have time. it's a pity.
03/19/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Humicula
Is this post for real? It's LFR Sillygoose it's much faster for high endish gear then anything else. Don't be so silly and go drink some green tea.. light a few candles and enjoy your time playing the game!

with the new increased time requirements, the late release 5 mans were a far better way of getting "high endish" gear than this. just don't have time. it's a pity.

The only reason there are "new increased time requirements" is because the place is new and people are learning the fights. Once that happens, the time requirement will go down again.
my guilds raid team spends like 5-6 hours a night 3 days a week. lfr is long but thats cause no one has gear from it yet. once everyone is geared for this patch it'll go down as fast as the first lfr goes down right now.
03/19/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Hyjinx

There were 16 bosses in the last tier of LFR (more than 12, see?). I sure as hell didn't spend 10 hours running that.

This is also why Blizzard doesn't release all 12 at once.

sooooooo, what's your point?

(here's a hint: you don't get to kill all 12 bosses every week because you don't have time)

fixed this for you

Then it's not for you. You are EXPECTED to spend a certain amount of time doing a full raid through LFR. They broke it up to allow for people to stagger their play time through LFR to assist this. It is not mandatory that you clear an entire raid every week, heck it's not even mandatory to do anything in this game. Grow up and realize that you may have to think for yourself and pick and choose how you spend your limited time.

If you still can't handle that, then no matter how much you think it should/must be, it is not for you. You know those people who are in the same situation but realize it is okay to only do one wing a week? Surprisingly, it's for them. Cry about it being that you have a life or whatever bs, but you clearly want what people who apparently don't have lives have. Can't have everything.

Besides, it's still new and people are not geared up enough to faceroll as easily.