Why do all "fun" items have such long CDs?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
As for people using it to avoid repair bills, couldn't the item have been changed to cause durability damage?

Yes, then people would have made threads about "nerfing fun" because the fun item now has a gold cost to use.
Skymirror cd is too long
Yes, then people would have made threads about "nerfing fun" because the fun item now has a gold cost to use.

We trip over gold in Pandaria, so it's kind of a non-issue.
Because they don't care for fun.
Some people are also exploiting feign death, vanish, and invisibility to avoid repair bills. Please look into giving these skills 30 minute cooldowns.
Much of the time, 'fun' items are nerfed to prevent an exploit of one sort or another.

Cheaters are why you can't have nice things. Well, they're still pretty nice, just not as often.

How are a lot of the transformation items being used to exploit? I'm talking about things like the Orb of the Sin'dorei, Iron Boot Flask, Ai-Li's Skymirror, etc...

We can tell what faction someone is just by hovering our cursor over them and this also tells us their class. What purpose does it serve to have ridiculous (imo) cooldowns on so many fun items?

Edit: Also lol @Somewhat
03/19/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Lorence

We trip over gold in Pandaria, so it's kind of a non-issue.

Not every player is part of the "1%" or knows how to manage their funds responsibility. Think about it this way, one daily to use the fun item once....and you know how people feel about dailies.

Some people are also exploiting feign death, vanish, and invisibility to avoid repair bills. Please look into giving these skills 30 minute cooldowns.

Why do people post when their brain is on cooldown?
Much of the time, 'fun' items are nerfed to prevent an exploit of one sort or another.

Cheaters are why you can't have nice things. Well, they're still pretty nice, just not as often.

I fail to see how any of the transformation items could be exploited.

Allowing characters to appear as a Frost Dwarf or Night Elf 100% of the time is unfair?

How are a lot of the transformation items being used to exploit? I'm talking about things like the Orb of the Sin'dorei, Iron Boot Flask, Ai-Li's Skymirror, etc...

We can tell what faction someone is just by hovering our cursor over them and this also tells us their class. What purpose does it serve to have ridiculous (imo) cooldowns on so many fun items?

Edit: Also lol @Somewhat

this exactly ^

So on that note, why do 'fun items' that have cosmetic effects, like Bones of Transformation, Iron Boot Flask, and Leyara's Locket have such long cooldowns paired with extremely short durations?
I fail to see how any of the transformation items could be exploited.
Were they nerfed? And even if you find one that was nerfed...."Much of the time"

hmmm? can you give an example of how one of these items could be exploited? they seem harmless to me.

I take the opposite approach from the OP: I wish you guys would stop giving us worthless fluffly nonsense that doesn't do anything. When I something like a "Golden Banana" as a quest reward, I feel like I've been cheated.

That's one thing I dislike about MoP, there have been too many of these worthless items as quest rewards.

so what cheating does Kang's Bindstone's cooldown prevent?
03/19/2013 05:33 PMPosted by Daxxarri

I think you should clarify with a list of fun items and separate them from what can exploit/doesn't.
hmmm? can you give an example of how one of these items could be exploited? they seem harmless to me.

Well, there were a few examples in the thread about uses of the dagger that were///"creative"

so what cheating does Kang's Bindstone's cooldown prevent?

None...but it was not nerfed. Why even read the post if you can't understand what it says?
Could just make it not useable in combat.

But the easier thing is to just give it a longer cooldown!

This reminds me of the puntable marmot.
Blame Ruthers. He is a very bad yak.
Easy fixes = Lazy Developers

It also happened to be the best fix.

Funny how the devs are getting the flac and not the cheaters themselves. Says a lot about this "community".