Quivers for a hunter class scenario chain?

Hunter
03/15/2013 11:58 AMPosted by Yuyn
I want a quiver like Bowmistress Li has. Like seriously, it's so badass.

......They actually made a new quiver model, and then just didn't give it to us?

The hell, Blizzard?

[Logic]! It never dropped for Blizzard.
i agree. They shouldn't add ammo back in, of course, but some kind of equippable cosmetic only quiver. They have a cosmetic slot in the ah that has no purpose right now, so maybe blizz can be convinced. :D
yeah, a quiver and an ammo pouch cosmetic only would make things that much better playing a hunter. I know how much you guys who prefer bows/crossbows want a quiver (and I want an ammo pouch)
The vanilla hunter quest quiver got turned into a bag and would appear on your back when in your active slots for awhile, if they just did something like that again it'd be nifty.
03/16/2013 05:46 PMPosted by Mashonis
I'm not entirely sure, but you seem to be missing the point. We, in general, are not asking for ammo back.

Well, good, but when someone just says "It would be nice to have quivers again", some people are going to think it means you want them back the way they used to be.

"I want cosmetic quivers on my character model" is quite different.

OTOH, they could also take something like the D3 approach of making quivers an equippable item with stats (that can only be equipped while you have a ranged weapon in your main hand), but still not having separate ammo. This probably couldn't happen before 6.0 though since they would have to redesign all ranged weapons to rebalance their stats with the quivers, and then add back a way of making quivers accessible to level 1-90 hunters. I wouldn't mind this either, although it seems like a lot of work.

Obviously it wouldn't be EXACTLY like D3 because WoW items have stat budgets and are far less random than D3 items. Different games are different. But it could be sort of similar in that the quiver has some impact on performance, but doesn't become a major drain on your inventory.
I definitely do not want quivers back,
they will just get in the way of showcasing the ranged weapons.

A quiver means having ammo, I do NOT miss the ammo... lol.

Running out sucked when it happened,
I do however want enchants on the ranged weapons...
we no longer look as cool as our bows don't glow.

:( Blizzard, you listening?
Enchant Scopes

Let the scopes add the effect to the ranged weapon.

WE DESERVE GLOWING WEAPONS TOO MAN...
Don't screw us like this please.

Been playing since 7 years ago,
this is the ONLY change that has upset me for so long.
Personally I miss having my 2-h stat weapon on my back while shooting my bow, looked sexy.
I just want a apparent quiver when I wield a bow.
Enchant Scopes

Let the scopes add the effect to the ranged weapon.

WE DESERVE GLOWING WEAPONS TOO MAN...
Don't screw us like this please.

Been playing since 7 years ago,
this is the ONLY change that has upset me for so long.

I'd rather shoot out squirrels again.
I miss the ice arrows from AV vendor. Sad its gone. Back to the first reason I was looking up. Bowmistress Li has a bad !@# quiver . I need it!
It would be nice to have quivers again.. But I doubt Blizzard will do anything. =(
I think every class should have a stat-less flavor item occupying the old ranged/relic slot; It adds a little more customization/variance. Quivers makes a lot of sense for Hunters.
Nah just add back in quiver bag recipes and if you have a quiver "bag" equipped you get a quiver graphic. Exactly how it was when they first swapped quivers to being bags. So simple.
I'd rather not lose a bag slot, why couldn't it go in the off-hand slot? No hassle?
I'd rather not lose a bag slot, why couldn't it go in the off-hand slot? No hassle?

If they are to do it that way they would probably add stats to it and that would cause more balancing issues, so maybe some kind of effect or ability instead? if it didn't have stats but had an ability instead we could keep one we liked or found useful for a while until we found something else. so they would be like those trinkets that have great effects but eventually get overshadowed by one with higher stat allotments but since it wouldn't have stats we could in essence keep it indefinitely if we liked the look or ability
Would like a quest to give spell effects to our autoshots (think AV arrows)

How about a hunter only quest (similar to warlocks green fire) that gave you a 26 (flexible on the slot number) slot bag (that could hold anything) that also gave a quiver graphic on your character (def no ammo function returning).

Honestly though, I'd rather see them just make any back item (that is cape) have an alternative graphic on a hunter, that was essentially a quiver in the same styling as the cloak. That way, no loot is changed going forward (still agi cloaks for enh shamans, rogues, monks, hunters), just on hunters is looks like a quiver with similar stylings - then you can xmog appropriately as well.