How do you make money with alchemy

Professions
what should i make and sell in AH?
Transmute spec and make Primal Diamond I pulled in about 23k profit this week-end from them.
I figure about 50% of my gross sales per week are from metas, maybe more even. Figure 20% bonus for every transmute using golden lotus, then another 20% bonus for every primal transmute. I smile when I get the 3-4 procs. Two days ago I transmuted 50% more primals than I would have without the procs. Now that was indeed a profitable day!

You can also sell trillium, living steel, titanium bars, arcanite bars....
I mainly do weird stuff - volatile airs, deepholm potions, etc. - that no one else seems to bother with but are actually pretty damn useful for a select clientele.
So should i take transmute alchemy and create a lot of Earthseige Diamonds and Skyflare Diamonds? Would they sell a lot
So should i take transmute alchemy and create a lot of Earthseige Diamonds and Skyflare Diamonds? Would they sell a lot

I highly doubt the older metas are going to sell much; it's a pretty niche market.
I actually do sell older metas for a profit but it's pretty much "my niche" on my server since I seem to be the only one messing with it. There's definitely room for one seller, not so much for multiple. If you haven't been a Jewelcrafter since Wrath (I have) then it's likely not your niche because picking up the patterns is quite time consuming.

The metas referred to in this thread are Primal Diamonds, the current MOP meta. This is were most of the profit lies. Which reminds me, I should log on and stock up for Tuesday.
I sell living steel, as transmute mastery. I virtually never proc, doing it every day.

Hmmm.. I just tried the primal diamond thing. The individual parts are 50 gold (times 2) on my ah. So I made as many as the parts were sold at 50 gold each, for(lols, bad sentence.) Then the primal diamond is 397. I also think I procced twice, for a stack of 2 (so one freebie, x 2.)
How much should i sell primals for in AH and how do u get the rougestone and etc