More restarts... really?

General Discussion
Speak for yourself, kiddo.

I'd much rather have a few restarts than a broken game.

sadly over the last 2 weeks we are getting restarts and a broken game
i don't call them restarts..i call them rerezzes..

Additional: One big HOTFIX RESTART a week would be much more reasonable then everyday..
i have a feeling you would be a little more upset if they just did one a week and things became unplayable for you..

this is their biggest patch ever and as they have said..sometimes they have to fix it right now..
it's much better having a company on top of those kinds of things.. rather than one waiting for responses of what is glitching out from the user incoming tickets..

why are all my mounts disappearing blizz!!?

after many major customer reports came in yesterday and last night.. we jumped right on it seeing there was a problem.. not having enough finkle in the stankle took some time to identify..

service should be restored by saturday..thank you for your patience..we will be refunding everyone 75 cents for their 3 days lost in play..

LOL
I am not upset with the restart but I have to wonder to myself why after so many years at doing this now, they still can't manage to present a product without so many glitches? I can understand this during maybe the launch of a new expansion and maybe a few errors/blips but why so many glitches?

I am trying to envision Gordon Ramsay in Hell's Kitchen yelling at a bunch of chefs who do stupid things over and over again and wonder if that is going on at Blizzard sometimes LOL. SHUT IT DOWN YOU DONKEYS!! NOT GOOD ENOUGH YOU PLEB!! hahaha.
Still better then those 4 days straight servers were down in Wrath ( http://i.imgur.com/DEkqRXT.png ). Though we were given 4 days free time added to our accounts if we were active during that time, but 15 or so minutes every now and then is nothing. Classic (vanilla) had even more downtime, and by downtime I actually mean the game was down... it Crashed, couldn't get it back up. A couple times it so unstable for almost 2 weeks during early to mid release.

It has nothing to do with fanboy-ism, I would rather have these things that popup randomly get fixed ASAP. Oh cool, a new rare spawn that literally does not spawn, ever. Oh, This quest is impossible to turn as the NPC is un-clickable, I can wait 7 days till Tuesday to turn it in.
OP should feel bad.
I am not upset with the restart but I have to wonder to myself why after so many years at doing this now, they still can't manage to present a product without so many glitches?
Did you ace every test / homework assignment growing up?
Nothing is perfect.
While the OP is exagerating the problem, it is still a problem.

Due to my current schedule, one of my main play times is 6:30 - 8:30 am PST. For the last couple weeks it seems that at least every other day Realms are unavailable when I try to login or sometime after 7:00 I get the message "RESTART IN 15:00 MINUTES".

Sometimes it is 15 minutes and sometimes it is 2 hours.

15 minutes is not much if you are questing or doing Dailies but if you are in a Queue or in a Dungeon it can ruin your whole morning.

I guess Blizzard figures that since they are giving us "free" extra product that they can release a Defective product and Hotfix it as the problems are found.

While Blizzard does not "owe" us anything they use to be conserned with thier rep and give us compensation when they messed up. Maybe they are just waiting to see how many times they need to inconvienence us and once all the problems are fixed, they will give us some free days as compensation.

^ This...and I would rather the restarts than the massive glitches like not being able to finish the Isle of Thunder dailies thanks to the quest glitches.
The devs are only bringing back fond memories of vanilla wow. Remember all the glitches back then? That's vanilla wow.

No doubt, remember all the server restarts they've have in just _one_ day, let alone a week lol.
I see both sides of the fence here. People have right to complain as much as possible. but also content needs to be fixed. the lagging needs to go.

15 min warning = STOP everything
15 min down time = Hi forum!!
that's half an hour.

They'll do "Rolling" restarts. so... YES!

Facts are they need to do this. All though they had downtime Less than 24 hours ago. Also know they use that to do fix/make sure their hardware an software is functioning.

I understand ALL around to what people are saying. How people can be upset.
03/20/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Babelon
I am not upset with the restart but I have to wonder to myself why after so many years at doing this now, they still can't manage to present a product without so many glitches?
Did you ace every test / homework assignment growing up?
Nothing is perfect.

No because tests and homework is something new you do often times testing your knowledge on new stuff and how well you understand. Blizzard has been writing code for this for a long time and has had lots of years to know how things work by now you would think. Again, I already acknowledged perfection is nearly impossible but so many glitches and the need of restarts on a consistant basis is just a tad bit rediculous.
While the OP is exagerating the problem, it is still a problem.

Due to my current schedule, one of my main play times is 6:30 - 8:30 am PST. For the last couple weeks it seems that at least every other day Realms are unavailable when I try to login or sometime after 7:00 I get the message "RESTART IN 15:00 MINUTES".

Sometimes it is 15 minutes and sometimes it is 2 hours.

15 minutes is not much if you are questing or doing Dailies but if you are in a Queue or in a Dungeon it can ruin your whole morning.

I guess Blizzard figures that since they are giving us "free" extra product that they can release a Defective product and Hotfix it as the problems are found.

While Blizzard does not "owe" us anything they use to be conserned with thier rep and give us compensation when they messed up. Maybe they are just waiting to see how many times they need to inconvienence us and once all the problems are fixed, they will give us some free days as compensation.

They try to hotfix when it isn't prime-time playing hours. That's just basic strategy.

Hotfixing doesn't necessarily mean they messed up somewhere and they don't need to apologize every time they do it.

What kind of drugs are you on that you start to believe they're intentionally releasing something that's broken?
i don't call them restarts..i call them rerezzes..

Additional: One big HOTFIX RESTART a week would be much more reasonable then everyday..
i have a feeling you would be a little more upset if they just did one a week and things became unplayable for you..

this is their biggest patch ever and as they have said..sometimes they have to fix it right now..
it's much better having a company on top of those kinds of things.. rather than one waiting for responses of what is glitching out from the user incoming tickets..

why are all my mounts disappearing blizz!!?

after many major customer reports came in yesterday and last night.. we jumped right on it seeing there was a problem.. not having enough finkle in the stankle took some time to identify..

service should be restored by saturday..thank you for your patience..we will be refunding everyone 75 cents for their 3 days lost in play..

LOL

I would mind the server outages a lot less IF they ever actually fixed anything ...

there are a lot of place in BC that are buggy and have been since the release of wrath and yet no fixes likewise cata comes out and wrath is becoming buggy (but then wrath WAS one big bug to begin with and anyone who like me who lost a character to an instance transition for hours on end just to then get stuck in said instance for hours during some of those issues will know what i mean and that is ignoring the lag that it had{ahem point of fact MOP reminds me exactly of middle of wrath except that it is not meant to last as long as blizzard milks WoW for all they can})
OP should feel bad.

I don't feel bad. You should feel mad. Btw nice trolling. My post is legitimate complaint, your's is an often spouted troll-response post. Think before you post, k thanks bye.
I've just come back to WoW and trying to enjoy this new patch but it's pretty hard when it's shut down or restarted every second night during my gaming hours... Can't you guys just consolidate your fixes into one shut down?

grumble rant grumble...

I smell a troll....

If you aren't then I suggest you read the ToS. You signed up for this.
03/20/2013 07:51 AMPosted by Iol
OP should feel bad.

I don't feel bad. You should feel mad. Btw nice trolling. My post is legitimate complaint, your's is an often spouted troll-response post. Think before you post, k thanks bye.

No, your post isn't a legitimate complaint. Sorry.
Every time i killed a south sea pirate I became tipsy. So Im glad they are doing restarts. I can't fight when tipsy. Drunk?(and half blinded?) Maybe.

Typical blizz fanboy with blinders on.

Unsubscribe, FIGHT THE POWER!

oh wait, you pay for something you dont like? Start bleating like a sheep boy!
OP should feel bad.

You complain about something you pay for.

Either unsubscribe and let them know you aren't happy, or keep paying for something you dont enjoy like a sheep. Your choice.
I really hate these threads. Every time one pops up it reminds me how most people have no patience.

Kill me, I play 15 minutes less of wow per day because of restarts!
OP should feel bad.

You really think this is legitimate?!!?!?!?!? Do you interact with the real world at all?
03/20/2013 07:19 AMPosted by Eutychus

--IF-- they get the game back up in 15min, and not something like 2+ hours which tends to happen during their "quick" restarts in the middle of the week.

And this is also assuming their restart doesn't break something ELSE that will require ANOTHER restart a few hours later and/or MORE downtime...

Actually, that doesnt tend to happen but if it helps your cause then run with it...

There's a reason why System Administrators like myself loathe Microsofts "Patch Tuesday". You know.. where a patch to fix one issue, breaks something else. ;)