Faction Change Problem

Customer Support
Hi! I just faction changed and server transfered and I do not have a portal in SW and I have this debuff in the Jade Forest Hozen-Slayer and have no idea how to switch it off. Please help me I can't get to Pandaria from SW as well. When I take the portal to the skyfire ship I just fall and die. I time travel back and there are no quests that I can get, I looked everywhere. I did two quests one to go to the SW keep and another to report to the skyfire and when I landed after the cinematic I could not get any quests. Please help
03/13/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Wuli
When I take the portal to the skyfire ship I just fall and die.

When you rez, head west and speak to Taradormi at Lion's Landing - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69157/taradormi - she will take you back in time when the Skyfire is still there so you can complete the intro quests and open up the portal.
Have a friend or 2 summon you to Pandaria and then seek out Taradormi to be sent back in time.
I went back in time by talking to that NPC but could not get any quests anywhere...
You will need to board the Skyfire (which should be there now) and complete your quest that took you there. If you abandoned it, you will need to go back to Stormwind Keep and pick it back up.
So I went and got the quest "The Mission" and reported to the Skyfire. After watching the cinematic the quest disappears from my quest log and I cannot find any follow up quests.
Hi! I just faction changed and server transfered and I do not have a portal in SW and I have this debuff in the Jade Forest Hozen-Slayer and have no idea how to switch it off. Please help me I can't get to Pandaria from SW as well. When I take the portal to the skyfire ship I just fall and die. I time travel back and there are no quests that I can get, I looked everywhere. I did two quests one to go to the SW keep and another to report to the skyfire and when I landed after the cinematic I could not get any quests. Please help

Don't panic :D this occurs because when you faction change all quests associated with your new faction have been reset as if you're a level one. You should have a quest like you did in Orgrimmar where you have talk to Hellscream then board the zeppelin to Pandaria. If you don't have the quest anywhere in your quest log try taking a look at the call to arms board in the trade disctrict.
I contacted Blizzard about the debuff. The gm tried to take it off but couldn't. They told me it was a bug and had been reported. Pretty much just have to deal with it for now.
I found the quest on the board and turned it in and went to the skyfire but after the cinematic the quest disappears from my log...then when I go back to SW I can get it again "the mission" is the quest name and the same thing happens again.
found the quest on the board and turned it in and went to the skyfire but after the cinematic the quest disappears from my log...then when I go back to SW I can get it again "the mission" is the quest name and the same thing happens again.

Just to make sure, Wuli, you did visit Taradormi in the Krasarang Wilds?

If you have faction changed or did not complete the initial quests when entering Pandaria and go back, if you had completed the quest Domination Point or Lion's Landing, the Skyfire will no longer be available to your character.

You need to journey to the Krasarang Wilds and visit Taradormi, speak with her and select the option "I want to see the Skyfire in Jade Forest. Take me back.... and she will do just that. It will allow you to return to the ship and complete any associated quests.

From there you'll need to follow the quest line until the Skyfire leaves Pandaria to re-join the present time or speak with Taradormi in Paw'don Village to cancel the effect.

Did you do that?
Yes I did go and speak to Taradormi in Krasarang and when I went to the ship their were no quests for me to get.
Yes I did go and speak to Taradormi in Krasarang and when I went to the ship their were no quests for me to get.

I don't believe there would be at that point, you still need to complete the quest called "The Mission". That quest is started by Rell Nightwind who stands outside of Stormwind Keep. Then, now that the Skyfire is properly phased after speaking to Taradormi, you should be able to fly up to it north of the harbor in Stormwind and speak with Admiral Rogers. That will take you to he Jade Forest where you will pick up the follow up quest "Unleash Hell"
Having a similar problem so adding my experience here to backup the report. Right after my transfer I accepted "The Mission" and after the cinematic used flying mount to travel to another zone without looking for any quests so I can't say if it was fine the first time. But when I portaled back to Stormwind the portal wasn't there so I figured I had to do the alliance intro quests. But the following happens:

- Get quest "The Mission".
- Travel to Skyfire in Stormwind and speak with Admiral.
- Cinematic plays.
- Now on Skyfire in Jade Forest.
- Quest "The Mission" is no longer in quest list just as Wuli is reporting. "Unleash Hell" is NOT available. I have debuffs "Taradormi's Second Chance" and "Hozen-Slayer" (the latter should probably be horde only).
- Speak with Taradormi in the Jade Forest and I am ported to Krasarang Wild.
- Fly to Skyfire in Krasarang Wild but there are no quests on that version either.
- Speak with Taradormi in Krasarang Wild and I am ported to Jade Forest.
- On Skyfire in Jade Forest there are STILL no quests available.
- Hearthstone back to Stormwind.
- The quest "The Mission" is available. I take it but same result. After the cinematic the quest "The Mission" is not in quest list and "Unleash Hell" is not available.

I've done the alliance quests on other characters I know where they should be. They just are NOT there.

I believe the fact that "The Mission" disappears from the quest list and I cannot hand it in is the problem. Since I can't complete "The Mission" I can't get "Unleash Hell". "The Mission" is always available in Stormwind since it has disappeared from the quest list almost like I have abandoned it (which i didn't).

I should note that the yellow text appears:

"Speak to Admiral Rogers on The Skyfire gunship 1/1" appears briefly after the cinematic. But again the quest "The Mission" is just gone without me handing it in or abandoning it.
this ^
STILL having this problem. Waited 5 days for a GM response only to log in and find the message about taradormi. I have already talked to her which is unnecessary anyways because after you pick up "the mission" you are already sent to the skyfire with the second chance debuff. The problem is there is no quest "Unleash Hell" available from Admiral Rogers.

Do I really have to wait another 5 days now and pray I am on which a GM decides to answer the ticket again?

Edit: Fixed! A gm was nice enough to help me fix the problem today, maybe blizz aint so bad? :P